TheHansonGoons

When did F13 end?

Friday the 13th Part 2 should have never happened to some, as even cast think Jason had been dead in Pamela's eyes. She had seen him die.

Some cast say he went to live in the woods and watch his mother get beheaded. Savini makes fun of it foe having Jason living off crawfish for nearly 30 years and no one seeing him alive. Either way, he was alive then.

Next they thought they had given him a final ending in Part 3-d. Obviously not true.

Joseph Zito tried his end him, for good in Final Chapter, hence the title. 

They thought there was no way he could come back after Jason Take Manhattan. 

Either way, there are 3 more films, 4 including the remake. Jason X shows his mask the Uber mask at the bottom of the lake as if he survived, unlike legal hockey games).

My question to you is, where do you think Jason died or the series should have ended?

Me personally, I think the Paramount's are the end. This means Part 8, with the toxic waste melting him and his boyish figure being put to rest is when he should have ended.

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Friday the 13th Part 2 should have never happened to some, as even cast think Jason had been dead in Pamela's eyes. She had seen him die.

Some cast say he went to live in the woods and watch his mother get beheaded. Savini makes fun of it foe having Jason living off crawfish for nearly 30 years and no one seeing him alive. Either way, he was alive then.

Next they thought they had given him a final ending in Part 3-d. Obviously not true.

Joseph Zito tried his end him, for good in Final Chapter, hence the title. 

They thought there was no way he could come back after Jason Take Manhattan. 

Either way, there are 3 more films, 4 including the remake. Jason X shows his mask the Uber mask at the bottom of the lake as if he survived, unlike legal hockey games).

My question to you is, where do you think Jason died or the series should have ended?

Me personally, I think the Paramount's are the end. This means Part 8, with the toxic waste melting him and his boyish figure being put to rest is when he should have ended.

here's the way i look at it....Jason Goes To Hell explained why all previous attempts failed.After that,comes Freddy VS Jason,in which Jason is brought back by Freddy's power.Jason X was deliberately set in the future,so as no to ruin any of the plans that were being made at the time for FVJ,so i look at FVJ as Part 9 1/2...Then X came....as far as movies,to me Jason died there,but if you count the novels,there were four sequels to Jason X before he was wiped out again,then the books were discontinued.So,to me,original series ended with Jason X,i look as the remake as an alternate-universe thing.I enjoyed them all,though,so i try not to worry about what's canon or not.Speaking of books...

F13 books small.jpg

29 minutes ago, JF13 said:

here's the way i look at it....Jason Goes To Hell explained why all previous attempts failed.After that,comes Freddy VS Jason,in which Jason is brought back by Freddy's power.Jason X was deliberately set in the future,so as no to ruin any of the plans that were being made at the time for FVJ,so i look at FVJ as Part 9 1/2...Then X came....as far as movies,to me Jason died there,but if you count the novels,there were four sequels to Jason X before he was wiped out again,then the books were discontinued.So,to me,original series ended with Jason X,i look as the remake as an alternate-universe thing.I enjoyed them all,though,so i try not to worry about what's canon or not.Speaking of books...

F13 books small.jpg

That is an amazing collection of the books. I am jealous sir. I only remember the real old ones from the bottom corner. Never read anything else

@TheHansonGoons

I agree that the series ends with Part 8. It was Paramount's franchise and when New Line made Part 9 they couldn't even use the "Friday the 13th" title.

The movies after Part 8 are like that random James Bond in the 80's with Sean Connery that was made by a different company. It's James Bond but it's not cannon with the other films.

• Like 3

I think a four film run would have been ideal ...

- The first film as it was made, starting the saga

- The second film as it was made, revealing Jason is still alive

- A third film with Jason getting his hockey mask and going on a rampage

- A fourth and final film revealing Jason's backstory, how he survived the "drowning", and seeing him killed once and for all.

Anything more than this starts to stretch believability. I'm not a fan of the overt comedy they brought in later in the series, or the silly ways they came up with to keep Jason ticking. Four films then out ... then if they want to make more films go for a reboot to start the saga again but tell the story in a different way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

That is an amazing collection of the books. I am jealous sir. I only remember the real old ones from the bottom corner. Never read anything else

the top row is Simon Hawke's movie novels of Fridays Parts 1,2,3 and 6,plus the more recent Hell Lake book.Hell Lake came out about the same time as the Jason X books in the second row.

I personally loved Part 1-8 so I would agree that 8 should have been the end...Who can survive toxic waste? come on :D 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

On Saturday the 14th.

Around 12:01 AM? :lol:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Around 12:01 AM? :lol:

If Part III happens the day after Part II and Part IV a day after Part III then Part III is Saturday the 14th and Part IV is Sunday the 15th.

16 minutes ago, JasonWhorehees said:

If Part III happens the day after Part II and Part IV a day after Part III then Part III is Saturday the 14th and Part IV is Sunday the 15th.

Indeed.

My ideal ending is Jason Lives. I would have loved that the series officially ended with an undead Jason in the lake, now possibly terrorizing Camp Forest Green as an undead spirit. The only post P6 movie I’d accept is Jason X.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JF13 said:

F13 books small.jpg

Jeez, loving those bottom right four books man, retro cool. :D <3

As for the OP's question, it's tough. As with most things it ends when you grow tired of it I suppose. For me, I think fear is eternal, and so Jason? Jason lives...

I'm fluid on this one, really. I can see Paramount's complete run as a finished or unfinished series. I can see New Line's run as canon or as alternate realities in a fractured continuity. I can see the Platinum Dunes' one-off as a reboot or a sequel with a continuity scrubbing recap (similar to Evil Dead 2). I can also see Part IV as the true final chapter with everything after as legend. No version of all that (or some version I haven't considered) diminishes my enjoyment of the individual films or some combination of all of them. I haven't absorbed the novels or most of the comics, so I can't weigh in, there. I guess that limits my grasp of canon to what's on film, so the name Elias feels apocryphal to me, but is still something I can comfortably sling around in conversation.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2018 at 10:30 PM, bewareofbears said:

The movies after Part 8 are like that random James Bond in the 80's with Sean Connery that was made by a different company. It's James Bond but it's not cannon with the other films.

That's a really interesting point and an excellent example to compare it to. I need to digest this.

To me, it's Jason X. There's no way a cyborg revenant can survive being burned into the planet's atmosphere, Jason is just a ghost now in a different planet. The Avatar comics don't count as they're just fan fiction to me.

But Part 8 is a closing entry because it seems with the vision of boy Jason, he can finally rest.

• Like 1

The only movies in the same continuity are 1-8. I hated how 8 ended, but it is what it is. FvJ, JGtH, and Jason X all seem to be in different alternate universes. I've always wanted to write a F13 movie script for fun. I may still get around to it. I wrote a horror movie script a couple years back but it was unrelated to any slasher franchises.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

The only movies in the same continuity are 1-8. I hated how 8 ended, but it is what it is. FvJ, JGtH, and Jason X all seem to be in different alternate universes. I've always wanted to write a F13 movie script for fun. I may still get around to it. I wrote a horror movie script a couple years back but it was unrelated to any slasher franchises.

You could always do it as a fan fic? Are there any F13th fan fics posted here?

My simple answer...if it didn't end at Part 1, it should have ended at Part 4. I'll be honest, I'm glad it didn't, but the story had been told.

It's just like Halloween. Should have ended after the first installment. It was the perfect film (For me) Part 2 expanded the story, but they killed Michael. He was fucking burned alive! Again, I'm glad it didn't end there, because I am a big fan of 4 and 5. (5 not so much) But, at the very least, H2O should have been the definitive end of the series. Come on, Laurie cut his damn head off. (Shut up, Busta Rhymes!)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elias Voorhees said:

You could always do it as a fan fic? Are there any F13th fan fics posted here?

Not sure. It is a good question.

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

My simple answer...if it didn't end at Part 1, it should have ended at Part 4. I'll be honest, I'm glad it didn't, but the story had been told.

It's just like Halloween. Should have ended after the first installment. It was the perfect film (For me) Part 2 expanded the story, but they killed Michael. He was fucking burned alive! Again, I'm glad it didn't end there, because I am a big fan of 4 and 5. (5 not so much) But, at the very least, H2O should have been the definitive end of the series. Come on, Laurie cut his damn head off. (Shut up, Busta Rhymes!)

I didn't mind much of Halloween- Resurrection,but yeah,i could of done without Busta Rhymes trying to karate kick Michael...lol...my favorite Halloween is the Producer's Cut of Halloween- Curse of Michael Myers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

For Halloween,if it couldn’t have ended with 2, it should have definitely ended with 4 for the “original continuity” (The pre-H20 timeline).  4 had the perfect ending; Michael is dead but he passed the evil over to Jamie. 

And I agree on Resurrection, it shouldn’t have existed after H20. A severed head is a severed head 🤦🏾‍♀️.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

For Halloween,if it couldn’t have ended with 2, it should have definitely ended with 4 for the “original continuity” (The pre-H20 timeline).  4 had the perfect ending; Michael is dead but he passed the evil over to Jamie. 

And I agree on Resurrection, it shouldn’t have existed after H20. A severed head is a severed head 🤦🏾‍♀️.

Honestly, I think if we accept Jason was alive in the woods for all those years and accept 2. 4 was the perfect ending. Crazy weekend, but perfect ending. 

I feel I can accept through part 8 though. Part 8 had to be absolute end. He clearly felt like he went to rest in the boy scene.

So part of me thinks part 1 was perfect. @Rexfellis says this. Although I will say in the end of Halloween 1, Michael's body disappears so I will take part 2. 

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and contributions. It's cool to see where everyone thinks it makes sense or when it stops as a series to them.

• Like 1

I think the New Line Cinema films are fun, but more like 'what if?' scenarios for the character. Parts 1 through 8 are different, they connect and tell a complete story...I grew up watching them so they're always gonna be more special to me than the New Line sequels.

Man, I miss my old VHS of Jason Lives...it had this cool promo in the beginning for 'Scream Greats vol. 1 and 2' featuring Tom Savini...good memories. 

• Like 1

Another rant, why did they change Jason’s appearance for every movie?

I mean sure even Jason needs some new clothes after slashing himself thru countless bodies, but why did they change the way his face looks so many freakin’ times.

I get that zombie Jason looks rotten and monterish but the part 2 to part 4 Jason’s were human Jason and no way in hell would he be able to change the shape of his face. It just kills the immersion for me.

• Like 1