Lady_goldfish

Best and worst counselor synergy?

Which counselors work the best or worst together? I like to couple up repair characters with a body gaurd or a runner. Deborah with Adam or Tiffany with LaChappa, and so on. I try to balance out the lobby if it's loppy with too many nerds or peabrains, but I do prefer being paired up with someone specific. 

So I'm curious what combinations of counselors players have found that compliment each other well. Or clash terribly and die in the woods blaming each other. 

• Thanks 1

Tiffany with Repair Characters is great IMO. She can ferry parts to them while they fix stuff and not lead Jason to morph in their direction with her high stealth.

• Like 2

A Chad, a Bugzy, and a Vanessa to actively hunt/distract Jason; two Debs working stealth repairs and PK trap disarms, helped by a Tiffany searching for parts and ferrying them to the objectives; a solo Vanessa gearing up to be sweater girl.

Ideally both  Debs escape by car once Jarvis and the cops are called, and one respawns as Tommy.

• Like 2

I main Tiffany and always work best with LaChappa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

I main Tiffany and always work best with LaChappa.

I also main Tiffany and for some reason, I don't really care to team up with more than 2 people but as Tiffany I love working side by side with Debby's. She has the repair, I have the ability to ferry and juke Jason while she repairs. But its always good to have a Fox or Shelly nearby.

Jenny and Deborah. Jenny protects and fights Jason with her high luck. Deborah repairs. 

So many good combos, All stealth teams like Tiff to ferry and kite Jason. Jenny to protect and support. Plus AJ, Deb, Chappa or Mitch to fix. Fox and Adam are good as a distracting team who can fight and fix, they work well together. Vanessa, Buggzy and Chad to make noise and pull Jason away from the nerds, they all work well together.

• Like 1

Vanessa as well as Buggzy. Have Vanessa act as a part runner while Buggzy follows her around while holding a weapon (preferrably a wrench or another weapon with high stun/durability). They make a lot of noise, but they can get Jason's attention while they get parts for a major objective like the four seater or the phone whereas everyone else pushes the objectives that Vanessa/Buggzy aren't currently nearby.

If the duo has only one pocket knife between the two, Buggzy should hold it since Jason won't attempt to slash/grab Vanessa while an armed Buggzy is nearby. Meanwhile, Vanessa should hold onto a firecracker if given the chance so she can free Buggzy from Jason's grab instead of forcing him to burn a pocket knife (unless he has low stamina and needs to recharge). That also gives Vanessa chance to defend herself while holding an objective part in hand if she's forced to split from Buggzy.

When trying to fight Jason for his mask, Vanessa is wielding a wrench or similar weapon while Buggzy uses a machete. When the mask is popped off, Vanessa drops the wrench for Buggzy then runs off to the shack while Buggzy gets ready to repeatedly fight Jason if he tries to Morph back to his shack.

Those two are basically made to work with each other. You can easily swap on the fly between transporting parts or going for the kill.

• Like 2

Too bad Tommy isn't a counselor! He works well with most counselors in almost every game plan. As for counselor team synergy I think Part 3 counselors grouped together work well.

Honestly, in a lobby full of skilled player, 7 Vanessa would be unstoppable. 

• Like 1

I was playing a lot of Tiffany when the Halloween outfits came out and my friend played a lot of Kenny. We seemed to live like every game, it worked surprisingly well. Normally I play a lot of Deborah and I do fine by myself but with other people it seems that things go south.

• Like 1

Chad - Lachappa

Tiffany - Lachappa

Mitch Floyd - Chad

Adam , Fox , shelly are good for soloing objectives

1. Chad defend and bring objectives Lachappa repair

2. Tiffany bring objectives as she is quiet Lachappa repairs

3. mitch floyd repair chad defend 

Adam , fox , shelly are good as lone wolf but can be really good as team for the others i'm still testing.

• Like 1

I love all the replies, they make me wanna play around with some of the counselors I've neglected. I'm not allowed to play Chad though 😑 @woundcowboy

But I haven't heard about any matches made in hell yet! I just spent a game begging a 10-ish year old Italian speaking Buggzy to stop following my Tiffany. We're both too dumb to safely repair anything and he's not only loud as a counselor but as very chatty kid I couldn't understand. Somehow I convinced him to go install the battery and sprinted as far away as I could hoping to lose him or (as evil as this is) that he'd alert Jason and get killed so I wouldn't have a constantly pinging stalker attached to me. 

Somehow he didn't mess it up and came right back to me... I spent more of that match running from him than Jason. 

• Haha 2

On 1/9/2018 at 8:49 AM, Trident77 said:

Vanessa as well as Buggzy.

(snipped)

Seconding this. I've had a Buggzy/Vanessa combo be a massive pain in the arse for me before.

It's like a herd of elephants clumping around, but they're great distractors and bodyguards for the better fixers.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Seconding this. I've had a Buggzy/Vanessa combo be a massive pain in the arse for me before.

It's like a herd of elephants clumping around, but they're great distractors and bodyguards for the better fixers.

Yea, Thats a strong combo.  Buggys with the machete with Vanessa as support will get J's mask off so quickly, then Vanessa can grab the mask if you care to sneak the Jason kill on the player.

Worst.... I would say Vanessa and AJ, if the AJ cared about being unseen and she would just slow down Vanessa.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lady_goldfish said:

But I haven't heard about any matches made in hell yet! I just spent a game begging a 10-ish year old Italian speaking Buggzy to stop following my Tiffany.

Buggzy and Tiffany are definitely a terrible combo. Last night I was playing on Higgins small and found the battery in the barn. Ran over to Stillwater and checked the first cabin there and found keys. Someone was in the next cabin over so I told them what I found and he was like sweet, I have the gas, let’s go. We both ran over to the car and he saw that I was Tiffany and I saw that he was Buggzy and we both just stopped and stared at each other like... shit. 😐

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

Buggzy and Tiffany are definitely a terrible combo. Last night I was playing on Higgins small and found the battery in the barn. Ran over to Stillwater and checked the first cabin there and found keys. Someone was in the next cabin over so I told them what I found and he was like sweet, I have the gas, let’s go. We both ran over to the car and he saw that I was Tiffany and I saw that he was Buggzy and we both just stopped and stared at each other like... shit. 😐

I always notice (By the way, I play Tiffany) I work well with Debby's. I do not know why but when I play with a pro Debby it always seems to go well. Bugzy's and Chad's work best together :D

• Like 1

Vanessa and Buggzy. The both of them combined with good stamina, speed, average and high strength. They both can, bless his heart, can really put Jason in a disadvantage with catching stealthy counselors.

Definitely Tiffany and Deborah.

-Both are stealthy

-Tiffany can scout for items and bring them to her

-Tiffany can protect Deborah and distract Jason’s attention towards her.

As for worst, Buggzy and AJ. 

• Like 1

Good synergy:

- Jenny and any repair character; she can protect them, but isn't fast enough to leave them in the dust 

- Two high stealth characters - one of whom at least can repair - for the boat escape (usually A.J. + Tiffany or Deborah + Tiffany) 

- Bugzy and Vanessa, also with Tiffany if she's wearing the sweater (though Tommy should arrive quickly) 

- Fox/Adam/Kenny/Shelly can basically work with anyone 

- Chad and Vanessa

Bad synergy: 

A.J. and Vanessa, A.J. and Bugzy; to some extent Jenny and Chad because although they are similar in terms of fighting, Chad will leave her in the dust