Ok, so I'm in the 2 person car trying to escape, I see someone on the map running towards me so I stop as I have an open seat so they can escape too.  The person just stands in front of the car, so I back up and honk the horn thinking that they are lagging or maybe confused on how get in the car, but they just run to the front of the car again and stand there.  Jason shows up  behind me so I try to go off to the side between some trees, but here comes the same person running in front of me, so at this point I either have to fight off Jason or run the person over to escape...

So, I ran them over and accepted the loss of points.

Is this a thing others have seen?  Does that make the game fun for someone to do this?  It makes me question stopping for anyone in the future if I've got an open seat...

Never stop if you're in a room full of Randos.  Unless they help you recover items/repair the car, you're under no compulsion to stop for them.

I've been run over by the car so many times, either through my fault or operator error, that it doesn't even phase me anymore.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, j3o1e1 said:

Ok, so I'm in the 2 person car trying to escape, I see someone on the map running towards me so I stop as I have an open seat so they can escape too.  The person just stands in front of the car, so I back up and honk the horn thinking that they are lagging or maybe confused on how get in the car, but they just run to the front of the car again and stand there.  Jason shows up  behind me so I try to go off to the side between some trees, but here comes the same person running in front of me, so at this point I either have to fight off Jason or run the person over to escape...

Is this a thing others have seen?  Does that make the game fun for someone to do this?  It makes me question stopping for anyone in the future if I've got an open seat...

At that point yeah, run them over.  They were working with Jason to kill you.  I'll always stop for someone if they are communicating and trying to work to repair things.  If you don't have a mic and aren't helping, I won't stop.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

At that point yeah, run them over.  They were working with Jason to kill you.  I'll always stop for someone if they are communicating and trying to work to repair things.  If you don't have a mic and aren't helping, I won't stop.  

pretty much my opinion J3o1e1 you did the right thing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, at that point it was me or them, just sucks to get knocked 1000 points for it...

But sometimes it feels pretty good doing what you have to :)

Tbh they were trying to troll you. Either you got -1000 points or got killed by Jason. It was a win win for them.

@j3o1e1 they either working with Jason or trolling you. You did the right thing for sure.

@j3o1e1 I think just about anyone would have done the same thing. I have no problem stopping to pick people up even if they didn't help fix the car. But, if you stand in front of the car so Jason can catch up, your ass is gonna be roadkill. There's a homicidal maniac in dem dere woods!! So if you're just trying to be cute and  trolling, it's survival of the fittest! I'll probably call them a dumbass if they're still in the lobby when I get there too. :lol:

You did the right thing. If anyone runs in front of me it’s a wrap. You were cautious, considerate, and more than generous. Vroom vroom bitch. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

You did the right thing. If anyone runs in front of me it’s a wrap. You were cautious, considerate, and more than generous. Vroom vroom bitch. 

Sorry, this doesn't exactly fit, but "Vroom vroom bitch." made me think if this pic! :lol:

51d613dbe6b74.jpeg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, j3o1e1 said:

Good. Fuck that guy.

• Haha 2

I had the same exact thing happen to me a few days ago. I ran the guy over. I'm almost level 150, so I don't really care all that much about the points now. 😁

Sadly,that sorta thing was one of the reasons i stopped playing online.There were others too,but some of it was having to deal with people who were ruining the game,as opposed to trying to honestly play the game and help each other out.

I ate a trap while getting into the four seater today. I was limping so I couldn't stop the car to let anyone in or Jason would have got me. As I approched the main road at Higgins Haven someone called the police so I said fuck it and left three people on the map. I felt bad but only a little.

• Haha 1

I've had this happen. You did the right thing. It's best not to hesitate.

1. You win that game when you show them you don't care because they never expect you're gonna plow through them.

2. It's so much less of hassle then running over people in real life.

• Haha 1

I had it happen the other way around. The Car was fixed by me. Tommy got behind the wheel and had me chasing after the car, stopping for me, then driving a few feet ahead. The ol' bait & switch.

Somehow - I really don't remember the circumstances - I managed to get in front of him. Anyway, him trying to avoid hitting me made me realize he really didn't want 1k XP deduction. Still wouldn't let me in the car, though. He left the lobby without XP after that round. I was really not sorry. Dude wasn't even committed as a troll. 

As for the OP: I totally see where you are coming from. I don't see your behaviour as trolling. Whether it was the right thing to do depends on your goals, though. XP-wise, it did more harm than good. If to escape is your main priority, you did what you had to, though. And all the XP in the world won't make you happy if you get mad at yourself after the round is finished. I myself would have been at least dissappointed with myself if a player acting like that would have gotten away with it while Jason - who might have been the guy's buddy - had killed me with a choke or headpunch.

Similar thing happened to me the other day, I had Vanessa constantly beeping so I got in the car to escape. The person started driving and just kept turning and crashing into trees. I originally thought it's just a bad driver but then I realised it certainly wasn't that. Jason then grabbed me and killed me, no help from the other person. I then made sure I would get my revenge, so I played again and the other person was a councillor. Low and behold the Jason player from the previous game and the Vanessa character were working together. I then thought right i'm going to get my revenge and kill Vanessa. I didn't quite manage to finish her off but Jason did that for me. Very satifying!

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2018 at 12:28 PM, j3o1e1 said:

Well, if you're trying get your XP up, I would avoid hitting them at the expense of your own life because you'll get more points that way. 

Other than that...yea, run them over. It's fun and funny. Don't go out of your way to do it, but if Jason's there and everything is intense and people are scrambling, that's what's supposed to happen! 

First sign they're planning to stand in front of the car and I floor it (and laugh). Most idiotic thing a troll can do, thinking you're gonna care more about the loss of XP than preventing them from getting their cheap amusement by helping you die. No Sir. -1,000 for me, death for them.

Run them over son!!!!  Also don't feel bad for accidentally running over counselor as you start the car when Jason is approaching.  The car may need to move forward or back at any notice, so it their fault for being in the way.

Like @GeneiJin stated. It's not always intentional and it would be there fault being in the way of a moving vehicle!!! :D But sometimes players piss me off, so I can't say that i haven't ran over 4 people in the car by myself before...

• Haha 1

Just now, TiffanyCox said:

But sometimes players piss me off, so I can't say that i haven't ran over 4 people in the car by myself before...

LMAO... Savage!!!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

Like @GeneiJin stated. It's not always intentional and it would be there fault being in the way of a moving vehicle!!! :D But sometimes players piss me off, so I can't say that i haven't ran over 4 people in the car by myself before...

Yeah done the same thing, once I spent all game repairing 2 seater and finally found keys and a guy runs up a guy says ''let me drive you fucking retard'' so naturally I started the car drove forward then backed over top of the guy lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The7Reaper said:

Yeah done the same thing, once I spent all game repairing 2 seater and finally found keys and a guy runs up a guy says ''let me drive you fucking retard'' so naturally I started the car drove forward then backed over top of the guy lol

What's a little vehicular manslaughter among strangers, am I right?