Brigadius

Crazy Ralph's Doomsday Emporium

Reality is, if Randy wants to see how the game is for everyone else, he needs to play nothing but QP matches so he can encounter the host quits, lost connections, teabaggers, Jason's Nerfs, getting knifed in the neck umpteen times, getting chain stunned and danced around. Maybe then he will understand

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Brigadius said:

11 medsprays

As everyone runs Medic too, that's effectively 22 medsprays.

I haven't played in weeks, and topics like this remind me why I haven't missed it either.

4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I was hoping to be able to skip saying this word, but I don't think I'll be able to.

We'll talk about what we'll be changing soon.

I really hope the developers understand how completely they've lost the goodwill and trust of their backers, and how utterly deserved that is.

I don't think anyone trusts any future updates to do anything other than further shit the bed. Nobody trusts you as responsible custodians of the license anymore.

And I hope that stings, because it really should. It takes a special kind of incompetence to make a game people loved less balanced and less technically stable every single month since release.

• Like 2

Back when the game was Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp, they said that campers would survive by way of stealth and evasion. What happened? Really, what the fuck happened?

I am finally reaching that point where I don't think it's salvageable.

The Counselors are a group of 6-7 players relying largely on stealth and evasion to survive.

You've got an idea and to get everyone on board you license the Friday the 13th property and people back it up then you turn around and sell it out? What it is now isn't what was backed. It isn't the experience people were excited about. IMO.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Not gonna lie, as i read this i was picturing it in my head and damn it was funny. I would love to see someone play on stream with him and do this when he is Jason.

I caught part of a stream where Randy was spectating while a player trolled Jason. Randy kept blaming Jason for only going for grabs. But every time he tried to slash,he whiffed.

:rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Ah,looks like I missed something. Maybe he'll send us a postcard.

32 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Knowing them, they will give you a "vacation" for saying that :ph34r:.

Tempers flared, shots were fired, no lube was used. It is what it is.

I hope that the balance patch is carefully considered before implementation. I don't know if this stuff is decided by a committee or if one person has final approval authority, but I wish they'd bounce ideas off of us to gives us time to consider the implications of a change. It would be a good way to get community input and adjust as needed before a patch is pushed. 

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

Tempers flared, shots were fired, no lube was used. It is what it is.

I hope that the balance patch is carefully considered before implementation. I don't know if this stuff is decided by a committee or if one person has final approval authority, but I wish they'd bounce ideas off of us to gives us time to consider the implications of a change. It would be a good way to get community input and adjust as needed before a patch is pushed. 

Maybe a Bug Fix roadmap!?!? But either way I agree we should get information on upcoming patches. Early 2018 were their words, that could be March or April for all we know.

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I caught part of a stream where Randy was spectating while a player trolled Jason. Randy kept blaming Jason for only going for grabs. But every time he tried to slash,he whiffed.

:rolleyes:

So he is blatantly just going to keep lying about the issues at hand and blame the Jason players that they can't grab a counselor right next to them or when their melee weapon whiffs right through them? That is basically the equivalent to the emote i said they might as well make for counselors. When the knock Jason down they can take a piss on his face.

1 minute ago, TiffanyCox said:

Maybe a Bug Fix roadmap!?!? But either way I agree we should get information on upcoming patches. Early 2018 were their words, that could be March or April for all we know.

I'm thinking about 3 weeks before a patch is due to be pushed say "hey folks these are the X things we want to address and here is what we think may solve the issue....blah..blah..blah. Do you think this will help? How? If not why?" 

Don't wait until the patch pushes to find out how the community feels it will alter the game. Leave enough time to do minor changes from feedback and pull ideas that get the stank-eye from the community.

Deliver what is wanted. Polish, refine, change, or scrap ideas that are disliked. Their NDAs may seriously be shooting them all in the foot. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

T hope that the balance patch is carefully considered before implementation. I don't know if this stuff is decided by a committee or if one person has final approval authority, but I wish they'd bounce ideas off of us to gives us time to consider the implications of a change. It would be a good way to get community input and adjust as needed before a patch is pushed. 

If they were open and even discussed what they were going to do for the patch and we all provided not just idea's but even showed them video/photo proof of what things are wrong and this could lead not only to a good patch but repair the relationship between the devs and us consumers/community

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

If they were open and even discussed what they were going to do for the patch and we all provided not just idea's but even showed them video/photo proof of what things are wrong and this could lead not only to a good patch but repair the relationship between the devs and us consumers/community

They would have to damn the NDAs and put themselves in a precarious legal position to initiate that kind of outreach. I simply don't think they can at this point.

Just now, Alkavian said:

They would have to damn the NDAs and put themselves in a precarious legal position to initiate that kind of outreach. I simply don't think they can at this point.

I don't think so either but i think there are far more positives that can come of it than negatives

8 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I don't think so either but i think there are far more positives that can come of it than negatives

Not disagreeing at all on this. It would take a ballsy move from a scrappy indie company to do something that crazy...

???

23 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Their NDAs may seriously be shooting them all in the foot. 

NDAs....

Look,if they want to tell us that NDAs are why they can't discuss dedicated servers,okay fine. I guess..........

:huh:

But they can't use that excuse for everything. If @ShiftySamurai can't give us any info at all on the next patch right now,it can't be because of some NDA. 

Did Microsoft make them sign one that forbids early patch notes and better communication? Is Sony against it? Maybe Illfonic and Gun both made each other sign them so they could hide behind it. This patch has been in the works for too long for there not to be SOMETHING that can be shared besides "more info soon™ lolz."

I just don't get it with these guys. 

5 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Not disagreeing at all on this. It would take a ballsy move from a scrappy indie company to do something that crazy...

???

Oh i know your not disagreeing, and you are right, it would take some balls for a small indie company to take this route but if they did it would be a huge step forward

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

NDAs....

Look,if they want to tell us that NDAs are why they can't discuss dedicated servers,okay fine. I guess..........

:huh:

But they can't use that excuse for everything. If @ShiftySamurai can't give us any info at all on the next patch right now,it's not because of some NDA. 

Did Microsoft make them sign one that forbids early patch notes and communication? Is Sony against it? Maybe Illfonic and Gun both made each other sign them so they could hide behind it. This patch has been in the works for too long for there not to be SOMETHING that can be shared besides "more info soon™ lolz."

I just don't get it with these guys. 

All i can say is if what i said comes true and we don't hear from them until Jan 30th or 31st and they say the same thing we heard in Nov and say there is no planned patch for this month people are gonna flip their shit

4 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

All i can say is if what i said comes true and we don't hear from them until Jan 30th or 31st and they say the same thing we heard in Nov and say there is no planned patch for this month people are gonna flip their shit

It was like pulling teeth to get them to even acknowledge that Jason's grab cone was nerfed. Then a patch comes out that favors counselors even more by adding MORE shotguns,knifes,medsprays.

Not asking for a solid release date (I don't believe in miracles) but since we've been waiting so long for a balance fix,a nice "here is where we are and what we are doing" post would go a long way.

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

It was like pulling teeth to get them to even acknowledge that Jason's grab cone was nerfed. Then a patch comes out that favors counselors even more by adding MORE shotguns,knifes,medsprays.

Not asking for a solid release date (I don't believe in miracles) but since we've been waiting so long for a balance fix,a nice "here is where we are and what we are doing" post would go a long way.

I agree, just a little bit of information does go a long way. There is only so many times we can "Be patient" when it comes to seeing the word "soon"

Worst part is that all the way through the development phase they were transparent to the teets, now we are lucky to get a peep out of them.

Just now, Official_Adam_W said:

Worst part is that all the way through the development phase they were transparent to the teets

That part doesn't shock me. They needed us to fund the game. What was surprising was how the team who at first was praised for "lifting the curtain" and being so transparent about game development,suddenly all retreated to their offices and locked the doors once the game finally released.

33 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

That part doesn't shock me. They needed us to fund the game. What was surprising was how the team who at first was praised for "lifting the curtain" and being so transparent about game development,suddenly all retreated to their offices and locked the doors once the game finally released.

So true. It has become obvious that the whole transparency thing was to help get the game funded as best as they could. Now we barely hear from them at all.

33 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Out of sight, out of mind. 

Yup. I knew I wasn't dreaming when I got 8 pocket knives stuck in my neck. 

The 11 med sprays is over the top. Think about how many people run medic to double its size and dont forget thick skin. Then you have hypochondriac where each counselor can start with a med spray. Lol. This is why trap stacking for Jason needs to come back. They are worthless at protecting objectives. Everyone tanks them no problem and save all those pocket knives for their free getaways. 5 shotguns? My goodness.

18 minutes ago, Loading said:

Yup. I knew I wasn't dreaming when I got 8 pocket knives stuck in my neck. 

The 11 med sprays is over the top. Think about how many people run medic to double its size and dont forget thick skin. Then you have hypochondriac where each counselor can start with a med spray. Lol. This is why trap stacking for Jason needs to come back. They are worthless at protecting objectives. Everyone tanks them no problem and save all those pocket knives for their free getaways. 5 shotguns? My goodness.

Honestly, trap stacking wouldn't even help at half that spawn count of Med Sprays. The Medic perk spam + Thick Skinned would null the traps. That was happening even before they raised the defensive item spawn counts. ?

Medic+Hypochondriac+Thick Skinned = Traps Defunct, no need to waste that pocket knife.