Brigadius

Crazy Ralph's Doomsday Emporium

On 1/8/2018 at 10:55 AM, Maddogg_8121 said:

They got plans.  Plans I tell ya.  

This is the first time I have ever been in a lobby with really great Jason players and have heard them flat out say they do not want to be Jason anymore.  Most have switched their preference to counselor simply to avoid the frustration as playing as Jason.  This is beyond absurd, but it isn't shocking.  I've been saying this is the case with pocket knives and sprays since before this recent patch, but was called a liar because I didn't have screenshots.  Guess I wasn't wrong, huh?  

Wow really? I still play as Jason. I won't tell you that it can't be flustrating. But at the same time I completely wipe out quick play lobbies most of the time. In private matches against good players I'm still good for five out of eight. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Jason have a chance to use his weapons to smash windscreens of the cars - in Part 6 he does so with the graveyard fence post - and he smashes a window in Part 3 with his head - obviously the counselors have to try to escape in the vehicle, but tension is something the multiplayer game is starting to lose since the balance of power shifted away from Jason - so he does need a few more tricks.

I've been practicing the "Jaws" shift - that is having him swim underwater and then shift once I lock onto a nearby target. A couple of times I've tried and missed the target on a jetty or pontoon and landed in the lake again - but on a couple of others I've managed to shift and hit my intended victim - usually getting stabbed with a pocket knife if I grab them.

I do like the ambush idea - and he should have more chances to do so - especially if the power boxes go down. With all these knives and medisprays the counselors have access to, the developers can balance things a little - and take away the counselors torches so they have to run with only moonlight or the odd lightning flash to guide them if the power goes out...

@BeautyNumber2 first of all stop with the hostility as you have been previously warned about it 2nd I did not remove it, it was removed by someone else. 

This was such a frustrating read to catch all up on this morning, as big chunks are helpful and thoughtful towards reshaping the  game. And then there's some unnecessary snarking, trolling and flaming that bogged it down. I can't expect people to act without emotion, we're not robots, but boy have things flown off the rails at points.

The Emporium deserves a Director's Cut.

I'd be interested, sorry if I missed it, if the amount of items remains a constant irregardless of the amount of players.

6 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

And who are you, his lawyer or his mother? I’m glad you decided to appoint yourself as the authority on the matter. My point remains. 

No authority from me. As his mother and his legal advisor, I recognize his autonomy as an adult. You called him out, two members of the community explained your mistake. You can either drag the thread down with you let it go and move on. I can't make the choice for you. Your mother or attorney will have to advise you on that. :P

10 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Cut the sprays and knives down by half, increase Jason's grab range to two thirds of where it was at launch, and delete the invisible window force fields and things will be balanced back out pretty well, though noobs and trolls will complain the game is too hard again. Let them play something else while the true Friday fans enjoy their game.

5 hours ago, IronKnight55 said:

That would definitely balance some things out. 

I think we can bank on Shifty's (autocorrect nearly got me there) statement from earlier that something like this will be done. I like the idea of permanent stalk (or maybe strengthening stalk with earlier arrival and the removal of screams from the counselors unless Jason is within a very close distance). However, I strongly support @Mr. Blonde's idea around bringing back team damage without the full return of team killing from another thread. I agree that Jason is supposed to be the killer, but I think tension was richer (at least in the publics) when you felt like you couldn't completely trust everyone. Add in the ability to potentially knock an item loose and you remove a troll's ability to hoard key components. That doesn't remove the chance of hoarding while hiding, but there are counters for that, too.

4 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

It absolutely does. This thread devolved from an informative thread about one of the real problems in the game since the last patch into a a flamefest with the usual suspects attacking the devs, the forum Admins/Mods, and other members. I will not deny that I get passionate about certain subjects, and that is solely because I have been waiting for this game most of my life. 

My suggestion is that most of those people need to take it to PM's to hash out whatever problems they have. Calling and cussing people out in a thread is just unwarranted. I remember back in the summer I took offense to the fact that a couple of polls that I had posted had been locked. I contacted the staff member who did so, explained my stance on the matter, and they replied with their view on it. I still disagreed, but I dropped the issue. At the end of the day, it's really not that serious, and I think that some people do make more out of it than it really is.

I think a good rule of thumb is to only say things to people on here, (or any online platform) that you would feel comfortable saying to someone face to face. I think the anonymity of the internet bolsters the courage of a lot of people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DamonD7 said:

I'd be interested, sorry if I missed it, if the amount of items remains a constant irregardless of the amount of players.

It doesn't matter the number of players.  Throughout testing some things with a friend, we have consistently counted up to 8 knives and tons of spray with just the two of us playing.  These items are not based off of player count.  

• Thanks 1

The Dev's idea of communication is to give some brief vague nothing statement saying 'we're looking into it'. How about actually engaging & discussing the ideas and problems the experienced players have here. All that will happen is they will come back with some minor changes, probably breaking a few other things in the process, and people will again complain.  The last 'bug fix' did not even solve the most common bugs, and added some new ones to boot.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

This was such a frustrating read to catch all up on this morning, as big chunks are helpful and thoughtful towards reshaping the  game. And then there's some unnecessary snarking, trolling and flaming that bogged it down. I can't expect people to act without emotion, we're not robots, but boy have things flown off the rails at points.

We're looking into this. I really don't think it is the case, but we'll try to see if increasing the number of players affects spawn counts. You never know for sure until mess around with it...kinda like finding out Sense (neutral) and Sense(negative) are switched. I don't think anyone ever bothered to put enough hours into testing it to bother to tell a Dev. But yeah. Sense - is better than Sense neutral. Sense + is fine.

The topic has had a few bumps but we're still holding course...B) Good to see you again Damon. I figured your job had totally consumed you. Haven't seen you on Xbone in awhile.:lol:

If anyone is up for testing theories on PS4 send me a message. I'm in the community there, but I'm never playing the game. I'd come help poke around and figure things out if need be.

4 hours ago, Toddarino said:

If anyone is up for testing theories on PS4 send me a message. I'm in the community there, but I'm never playing the game. I'd come help poke around and figure things out if need be.

I'll keep this in mind if and when we jump back in to it.  I have some perk set ups I'd like to experiment with.  

I can tell people right now, though, that it doesn't matter if there are two or 8 players.  Item spawns are gonna vary the way it is, but I've found just as much stuff with two as I have 8.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I'll keep this in mind if and when we jump back in to it.  I have some perk set ups I'd like to experiment with.  

I can tell people right now, though, that it doesn't matter if there are two or 8 players.  Item spawns are gonna vary the way it is, but I've found just as much stuff with two as I have 8.  

Yea, me as well. I don't think it depends on how many players there are. Even if it was the Devs wouldn't give two shits either way!

18 hours ago, Alkavian said:

We're looking into this. I really don't think it is the case, but we'll try to see if increasing the number of players affects spawn counts. You never know for sure until mess around with it...kinda like finding out Sense (neutral) and Sense(negative) are switched. I don't think anyone ever bothered to put enough hours into testing it to bother to tell a Dev. But yeah. Sense - is better than Sense neutral. Sense + is fine.

The topic has had a few bumps but we're still holding course...B) Good to see you again Damon. I figured your job had totally consumed you. Haven't seen you on Xbone in awhile.:lol:

Still busy at work but I'm here every day, man. Usually Xbox too, but I've been mainly kicking on with Overwatch & YouTube (and some Offline Bots).

It's been weeks since we've had a game though! Time zone difference always a bugger. Would really enjoy getting some arranged if you're around Fri-Sat-Sun.

Back to the topic... :P

12 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

Yea, me as well. I don't think it depends on how many players there are. Even if it was the Devs wouldn't give two shits either way!

That's not helpful. Shifty has already responded here that they're aware of this issue. As well are responses on other media to this issue and them addressing it. Shit given.

6 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Still busy at work but I'm here every day, man. Usually Xbox too, but I've been mainly kicking on with Overwatch & YouTube (and some Offline Bots).

It's been weeks since we've had a game though! Time zone difference always a bugger. Would really enjoy getting some arranged if you're around Fri-Sat-Sun.

The holidays and my work shift have kept me off on weekday evenings for quite awhile. Maybe Saturday or Sunday we can catch up.

On Topic:

In regards to the volume of items...I got knifed 7 times the other day playing offline bots.:lol: Dirty lil'.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

The holidays and my work shift have kept me off on weekday evenings for quite awhile. Maybe Saturday or Sunday we can catch up.

On Topic:

In regards to the volume of items...I got knifed 7 times the other day playing offline bots.:lol: Dirty lil'.....

Chad used two on me yesterday.  That's after I took some prior from the other bots.  All you can do is shake your head or chuckle about it.  

5 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Chad used two on me yesterday.  That's after I took some prior from the other bots.  All you can do is shake your head or chuckle about it.  

Whenever I see Shelly my eyes narrow and twitch a bit. That bastard always seems to have 1 or 2 on him. It is like his AI programming prioritizes finding a knife above all else. Him and Tommy (of course) are the two I expect to have a knife every time. Tiffany and Jenny always seem to have a med-spray. :P

Am I correct in saying that counselors cannot use a knife on Jason if they are in a limping / almost dead state?

If not, then this should definitely be a thing.

@Poormetheus

If your limping, you can still use pocket knives. I have done it multiple times. Most of the time when I am limping Jason doesn't bother to pick me up though, he just slashes me :(

23 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Whenever I see Shelly my eyes narrow and twitch a bit. That bastard always seems to have 1 or 2 on him. It is like his AI programming prioritizes finding a knife above all else. Him and Tommy (of course) are the two I expect to have a knife every time. Tiffany and Jenny always seem to have a med-spray. :P

Tiffany is always the biggest pain in the ass for me.  She always has a knife and a spray.  Shelley acts really dumb for me most of the time.  It's kind of neat how everyone has a different experience with the bots.  Most matches they are really easy, but every so often they are a royal pain in the ass. 

19 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Tiffany is always the biggest pain in the ass for me.  She always has a knife and a spray.  Shelley acts really dumb for me most of the time.  It's kind of neat how everyone has a different experience with the bots.  Most matches they are really easy, but every so often they are a royal pain in the ass. 

The last one to be found and get killed for me is almost always Shelly, Eric, or Deborah.

21 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

@Maddogg_8121

I always have problems with Chads. No matter the day, or the match. Chads piss me off :angry:

I have to admit, I'll tunnel the crap out of a bot Chad. Feels so good to catch the sweater-cape ass hat and put him out of my misery.

• Haha 1

They're pretty good with the trifecta: Pocket knife, fire crackers, med spray.

I'll grab one of them and they'll have a knife. I'll chase em down again, injure and grab them and they drop their fire crackers perfectly for the stun. That's when I cup my hand to my ear like Hulk Hogan and hear the med spray go off. 

I'm still not getting tired of them, as they are now, but I can't wait to see how they're are improved down the line.

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

They're pretty good with the trifecta: Pocket knife, fire crackers, med spray.

I'll grab one of them and they'll have a knife. I'll chase em down again, injure and grab them and they drop their fire crackers perfectly for the stun. That's when I cup my hand to my ear like Hulk Hogan and hear the med spray go off. 

I'm still not getting tired of them, as they are now, but I can't wait to see how they're are improved down the line.

"Pssst pssst".  That is the most annoying sound in the game now.  Even the bots have 20 knives and 30 sprays.  I still love the bots though.  I'm playing them right now.  I like the matches where Tommy is actually on his A game.  He can be a pain to catch.  

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

"Pssst pssst".  That is the most annoying sound in the game now.  Even the bots have 20 knives and 30 sprays.  I still love the bots though.  I'm playing them right now.  I like the matches where Tommy is actually on his A game.  He can be a pain to catch.  

I think Tommy is the only one that tries to escape. As soon as the cops show up he's out the door hauling ass while the other's run in circles and look for places to hide. Never seen a bot attempt an escape other than Tommy. 

2 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I think Tommy is the only one that tries to escape. As soon as the cops show up he's out the door hauling ass while the other's run in circles and look for places to hide. Never seen a bot attempt an escape other than Tommy. 

I had a Vanessa start the car, she drove halfway over the map, stopped, got out, and ran back to where the car spawned.