Brigadius

Crazy Ralph's Doomsday Emporium

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I was thinking more along the lines of not trapping at all until I had a body to use to conceal it. I really like the idea of shaking things up for myself, and using elements of the game, in ways they may not have been originally intended (Exploitation aside. You're never see me on a roof)

You could do it by not trapping at all, although I think if you did have traps placed then you could potentially remove one pocket knife from the match if they choose to use it. 

22 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

You'll see my name down there more often than not as I always have the forums open in a tab. 

Yes, there is too much stuff on the map for counselors, especially med sprays and knives.

Yes, Jason balance is less than great.

Glad to hear someone from up on high saying this. Hopefully it means that something will be done about it. Soon.

22 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I was hoping to be able to skip saying this word, but I don't think I'll be able to.

We'll talk about what we'll be changing soon.

xgz9nkR.gif

17 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Honestly, im surprised more members aren't or haven't been banned.

I feel like compared to other communities or sites with forums. The moderation here is pretty lax given all the quick and ready ugliness that happens and personal attacks at one another.

I've seen members banned for less in other places.

I was given a temp-ban recently. I deserved it.

20 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

lol sad thing is the cocky jackasses will. @AldermachXI has a video with a shithead who was cheating and was also being an arrogant dick about it. When he would swing at the guy dude would teleport and use infinite med sprays and have the nerve to say "Easy Game" Hope you don't mind me bringing it up Alder

I would love to see this video. How does a counselor teleport -- hacking?

3 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I'm not going to say that the new inventory count is A-OK. Community Administration has acknowledged that there is too much, and that the balance for Jason "isn't great". That would lead me to believe that this will be adjusted in the future.

Shifty was nice enough to offer an opinion and I'm happy that he took time to respond to my tag. The fact they are tracking this issue gives me hope the next patch (whenever it comes) will try to do something about it. 

Until then I guess we'll just keep testing things and wait. 😃 I'm still somewhat surprised so many were shocked at seeing these pics. But I guess not everyone will believe something until they are shown it ... must be a lot of peeps from Missouri here.😉

5 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I'm not going to say that the new inventory count is A-OK. Community Administration has acknowledged that there is too much, and that the balance for Jason "isn't great". That would lead me to believe that this will be adjusted in the future. My suggestion would be to use this knowledge to change up our Jason game, in the interim. I was recently reminded that an immobile Jason can hold stalk for up to 3 minutes. I have been testing weaponization of this in publics by quietly camping a key objective, letting traps act as an item absorber, rather than an actual trap. It's not the entire puzzle, but it is an interesting piece of it for me. I'm getting more jumpscare opportunities with this approach, for sure.

Again I say: they need to let Jason do what he did best in the films -- HIDE. He killed from behind trees. He killed from under beds. He killed from closets and bathrooms. Why he cannot hide in this game to allow the jump scares we've all grown to love in the franchise is totally beyond me.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Again, I say -- they need to let Jason do what he did best in the films -- HIDE. He killed from behind trees. He killed from under beds. He killed from closets and bathrooms. Why he cannot hide in this game to allow the jump scares we've all grown to love in the franchise is totally beyond me.

For some reason this made me think of Jason sneaking around in a cardboard box like Metal Gear Solid.  Then LaChappa kicking it off him and a giant red exclamation point with the MGS sound pops up over Jason's head.  :P:lol:

All joked aside, I think that was the intention of Stalk.  To hide he is near by and pop up around a corner.  You can still get that effect from time to time if played right.  I have used Stalk, morphed to a cabin where a door was busted down, only to rage through the wall towards a counselor.  The moments are there but with the current balance the way it is, Jason doesn't really feel that powerful so he isn't scary.  I know if that happened to me with the current build, I wouldn't be scared.  

22 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Again, I say -- they need to let Jason do what he did best in the films -- HIDE. He killed from behind trees. He killed from under beds. He killed from closets and bathrooms. Why he cannot hide in this game to allow the jump scares we've all grown to love in the franchise is totally beyond me.

I'd be okay with adding another skill to Jason's arsenal to accomplish this.  Call it "Ambush" and have it limited to once or twice a match,  but it has to be used prior to "Rage".  Allow him to Morph inside a building, regardless of whether or not it's barricaded.  You could even have him "spawn" in a wardrobe and just explode out of it when he's ready.

Combine it with Stalk to avoid the telltale indication that he's near, and you'll genuinely have people needing to change their pants.

21 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

For some reason this made me think of Jason sneaking around in a cardboard box like Metal Gear Solid.  Then LaChappa kicking it off him and a giant red exclamation point with the MGS sound pops up over Jason's head.  :P:lol:

All joked aside, I think that was the intention of Stalk.  To hide he is near by and pop up around a corner.  You can still get that effect from time to time if played right.  I have used Stalk, morphed to a cabin where a door was busted down, only to rage through the wall towards a counselor.  The moments are there but with the current balance the way it is, Jason doesn't really feel that powerful so he isn't scary.  I know if that happened to me with the current build, I wouldn't be scared.  

14 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'd be okay with adding another skill to Jason's arsenal to accomplish this.  Call it "Ambush" and have it limited to once or twice a match,  but it has to be used prior to "Rage".  Allow him to Morph inside a building, regardless of whether or not it's barricaded.  You could even have him "spawn" in a wardrobe and just explode out of it when he's ready.

Combine it with Stalk to avoid the telltale indication that he's near, and you'll genuinely have people needing to change their pants.

I proposed a lot of this in a new game mode proposal, which I think is MUCH more faithful to Jason in the films, and would make gameplay many times more enjoyable.

Let me know what you think:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14697-new-game-mode-idea-more-like-the-films/

37 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I think we will get some form of this with single player challenges. 

3 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I think we will get some form of this with single player challenges. 

Permanent stalk would allow this to happen in MP much more often.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Permanent stalk would allow this to happen in MP much more often.

I proposed "permanent stalk" in my game mode above.

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I proposed "permanent stalk" in my game mode above.

I've been preaching it for a while. Knowing where Jason is at all times (more specifically where he's not) ruins all tension.

As long as the timer works against Jason. Its a bag of eh. I know that's not a popular opinion, but as long as its viable, its the dick around method and it works...especially now with the lopsided balance.

Really needs to be some sort of middle ground solution. Taking away XP from the time limit win would hurt newer players but trolls/people looking to fuck around for 20 minutes won't give two shits about that kind of penalty.

Something in the final 5 minutes or 2 minutes should probably change.

1. Jason can't be stunned by anything

2. Cooldowns even quicker

3. Can morph inside any cabin by clicking the cabin or house. The icon changes to let the player know they'll be morphing inside cabins

4. Jason has unlimited knives as long as you have one in your inventory

5. All melee hits auto limp survivors

6. Pocket knives require QTE in the final minutes and Jason can't be stunned, only the counselor can free himself

18 hours ago, JPops said:

Just because info is known does not mean you can go blurting it out. Special precautions are taken as not to give dates that are not concrete. 

Transparency here is fine if you peruse other gaming communities in the AAA realm the Devs will not even talk to you. You can scream, yell and stomp.your feet they will just ignore you and just comment on things that are not of a question. The fact is whether you like the answers your receive or not the fact is you are receiving interactions. 

Quite a few on this forum are pretty toxic and they continuously tag everyone on the Dev team in hopes of coercing an answer out of someone and that just isn't going to get it done and when they do pop in the flow of negative remarks by those choice users are not in short supply. 

Prior to what people cite as "locking the doors of the office" is in fact due to the amount of rage that follows should a loose estimate be given and it is not completed in that time frame. There was an honest attempt to share cool things in the pipeline and the amount of people rageing is not worth saying anything unless it is concrete To cite a few examples paranoia, dedicated servers ect. These were things to give a view on what was being worked on and quite frequently demands are made for updates on these items. I can understand that everyone wants to know and maybe it's just because you are excited that's fine but this is exactly why major game companies ignore most until they have news to share it's not because those companies don't know they just know their audience lacks patience. A testament to this is literally all over the forums. 

You can't say you would like one thing and then complain when that practice is stopped. Every effort is made to.guve details where they can be shared it's just  not up to par with some people's individual time tables.

Also another note which has been an issue lately, I can understand and sympathize with some of the concerns around the forums however it does not give anyone a free pass to hurl insults and antagonize anyone here. Creating a constructive dialogue goes a long way verses snarky comments and insults. Just some food for thought. 

Don’t think I didn’t notice you quietly deleted my post exposing your hypocrisy. Fascism is alive and well.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Don’t think I didn’t notice you quietly deleted my post exposing your hypocrisy. Fascism is alive and well.

You ripped into a member of the forum who only happens to also be a volunteer moderator with a rather abusive post as if he was a representative of the company. None of what you accused him of was accurate to his behavior. Your post was a clear violation of the rules of the forum and whomever removed it (my money's on an administrator) was following protocol. You didn't expose anything other than ignorance of who you were attacking.

1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

You were pretty hostile and a bit misinformed,but a few other well written replies to THAT COMMENT were also deleted. Don't sweat it though,it's how things are around here.

I'm seeing a lot of good suggestions in this thread (and other threads)but I can't help but think that this game is what it is,and there won't be any big changes to the formula.

Cut the sprays and knives down by half, increase Jason's grab range to two thirds of where it was at launch, and delete the invisible window force fields and things will be balanced back out pretty well, though noobs and trolls will complain the game is too hard again. Let them play something else while the true Friday fans enjoy their game.

57 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

Cut the sprays and knives down by half, increase Jason's grab range to two thirds of where it was at launch, and delete the invisible window force fields and things will be balanced back out pretty well, though noobs and trolls will complain the game is too hard again. Let them play something else while the true Friday fans enjoy their game.

This will help balance that out. Hopefully the Devs work something out. Hopefully the don't make a "mistake" adding more of them :D 

You all need to realise that debate is futile as the developers don't care about your opinions.

Nobody in their right mind would look at months of balance complaints about Jason over thousands of posts across all platforms, and decide adding extra shotguns and knives was the answer, or like children, naively weren't aware of what that would do to the balance until they saw screenshots here.

Nobody is that stupid. It's a conscious and sustained choice to ignore the community. The current balance isn't a result of inexperience or bumbling, but a now consistent trajectory of design decisions over a period of over 6 months. The pendulum has only ever swung one way. That isn't accidental. This game is exactly in the place they want it.

They want Jason to suck. Most likely to lower the difficulty so as to make the appeal of the game broader, and thus make more money. That's it. Nothing we do or say will change that. It's a cynical business decision, not an artistic one. They've taken a franchise they were graciously trusted as custodians of and chosen to betray that trust and run it into the ground for profit.

You can't make an appeal to art to a sell-out. Their priorites are completely and utterly alien to ours, and pretending otherwise is futile. All you can do is just stop wasting your time, money, and energy on them, and give it to people who deserve it instead. Now and in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I would love to see this video. How does a counselor teleport -- hacking?

If you haven't seen it yet, let me know in PM and I can set you up with a link to it. We can discuss further after that. Not on forums though.

7 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I've been preaching it for a while. Knowing where Jason is at all times (more specifically where he's not) ruins all tension.

That's why I enjoy the game mode you suggested we do with the music off. I think Rexfellis and a few others have suggested similar things, ie, gamma way down and such. @Cokeyskunkhas a real cool suggestion going that has some momentum and support behind it. It would be cool to see these alternate modes.

As for the current topic, I wonder how much they tone the weapons down in the next patch and what balance will it bring back.

As for the deleted posts conversations, some interesting points had been brought up. That is all I will say on the matter and will stay out of it from there. Don't want to be considered too toxic. Fuck I am tired of hearing that word. Let's go with cancerous, malignant, or maybe make up a new word like "tumorous", that of spreading bad shit like tumors. People read two posts with disagreements and want to jump to calling them toxic. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

That's why I enjoy the game mode you suggested we do with the music off. I think Rexfellis and a few others have suggested similar things, ie, gamma way down and such. @Cokeyskunkhas a real cool suggestion going that has some momentum and support behind it. It would be cool to see these alternate modes.

I know I've made more than a few posts about either having a permanent passive stalk(no music until seen for either side) and early stalk. Both counselor and Jason can hear music change when they get close so both sides are aware of each having never laid eyes on each other, very annoying. I like trying to scare people, hard to do when they always know you're there and Jason's music gets louder as he gets closer to someone so he can hone in on their location like he has built in sonar. 

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

I know I've made more than a few posts about either having a permanent passive stalk(no music until seen for either side) and early stalk. Both counselor and Jason can hear music change when they get close so both sides are aware of each having never laid eyes on each other, very annoying. I like trying to scare people, hard to do when they always know you're there and Jason's music gets louder as he gets closer to someone so he can hone in on their location like he has built in sonar. 

I enjoy playing with the music off.  It is scary as hell.  One thing I hope they get rid of is that counselor scream.  Really gives Jason away even if he is in stalk.  And his red map icon.  It's just dumb being able to see his marker across the map.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

That would definitely balance some things out. 

16 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think a lot of people have changed their Jason strategies as a relief to this symptom. Hence why see so many slashers now.

And that sucks big balls. Obviously it makes the multiplayer a not very well rounded part of the game, even though it's the core part of the game. Why include all these cool things for Jason to do only to have them be weak, and considered by a lot to be useless?

How is it OK to take a generic approach to something that's very specific?  This should never be a survival horror game that happens to have Jason in it. This should ALWAYS be a Jason game that happens to be a survival horror game. It would've been interesting to see the Summer Camp game. That's where you can make these types of balance adjustments for the masses. But when you put in an iconic character like Jason, you have to pay respect to that character and the millions of fans of that character, above all else. Convention can go fuck itself. Treat this shit like art. I know it's a videogame and it's fun and silly, but no matter how you slice it, it's an art-form, and it should be approached as such. 

Honestly, I really don't care that much about it anymore. The multiplayer is now half (at the most) of this game's appeal for me, and it's getting less and less. Even if they fix the mechanics, they can't fix the slew of miserable people playing. Winning is important to me but it's low tier. Getting a Jason/Friday the 13th vibe is of the utmost importance to me and trying to get that and maintain it in multiplayer is impossible. 

With that said, I can say that I absolutely love the Bots, warts and all, and I can't wait for the SP Challenges and Paranoia. As much of a disappointment the multiplayer has become, the game itself is still topping the charts for me.