Brigadius

Crazy Ralph's Doomsday Emporium

24 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Hey @ShiftySamurai and @[IllFonic]Courier do you have any thoughts on this topic?

EDIT: I see you lurkin' on the Home user list.:)

2Yqy0QM.gif

You'll see my name down there more often than not as I always have the forums open in a tab. 

Yes, there is too much stuff on the map for counselors, especially med sprays and knives.

Yes, Jason balance is less than great.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

What we are seeing here is:

1. "Jason is too OP". It is too hard to be a counselor and survive.

2. "This is just and empty drawer simulator".

3. Jason is a punching bag.

What can fix this:

1. Skill, teamwork, and luck.

2. New items (that do new and unique things) to occupy the vacancies in the game (plenty of people have suggested things).

3. Re-work healing perks (Medic is a huge culprit). Hell re-work perks in general. Offer different options to deal with Jason other than stuns and damage. Why can't he be blinded, temporarily weakened, etc. Every mechanic used against him doesn't need to be a stun. Fix grab and melee hit detection.

Anyways...we may see if we can find some more pictures to show the forum audience. I'm not available until the weekend unfortunately due to my work shift. We just wanted people to see what they typical match is loading with at the spawn sites.:)

8 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

You'll see my name down there more often than not as I always have the forums open in a tab. 

Yes, there is too much stuff on the map for counselors, especially med sprays and knives.

@ShiftySamurai thanks much for your feedback. :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Okay, than what is being done to rectify that? 

3 minutes ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

Okay, than what is being done to rectify that? 

The next patch is supposedly going to be balance related. We've got nothing specific beyond that at this time. I don't think we'll get anything too detailed until the patch is about to be pushed.

I was hoping to be able to skip saying this word, but I don't think I'll be able to.

We'll talk about what we'll be changing soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I was hoping to be able to skip saying this word, but I don't think I'll be able to.

Any chance at confirmation that there will be a patch this month and not an announcement at the end of the month saying we aren't gonna see one?

Also just want to say Thank you @ShiftySamurai for being a presence here on the forums.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

As soon as the player count tanks enough that they absolutely need the hardcore base/backers again,they will make changes. And when they lose them, that's when the servers get turned off.

But for now the message seems to be "fuck you guys,you're in the minority, our data shows people want the game to be this way."

Won't matter now. I think it's too late to bring back the hardcore base/backers for keeps to multiplayer. I'll pop in every now and then but I have NO FAITH whatsoever in the devs fixing what they've screwed up so much. I refuse now to play Jason in multiplayer even with friends. It's just embarrassing and the bots have already overstayed their welcome for me. Just haven't had much of any desire to play counselor or Jason in the past few weeks and that makes me sad. The game had so much potential and promise.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I was hoping to be skip saying this word, but I don't think I'll be able to.

Hey man, you can't give information you don't have. I know people are frustrated, but I'd rather you tell us you don't know rather that pull some B.S. out of your behind. I'll take an honest answer any day, even if that answer is "I don't know right now."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I appreciate the effort....it is catchy though isn't it.:lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Soon™ alternatives: in a bit,in awhile,sometime in the near future,down the line,down the road,in due time,before long,at a later time,eventually,promptly,in a jiffy,in no time,expeditiously,in a flash,pronto,ASAP,urgently..

As soon as possible is one of my personal favorites. It conveys a certain "we are actively trying to fix our mistakes" a lot better than boring old "soon™."

"We will talk about what we'll be changing soon™."

Vs.

"We will talk about what we'll be changing as soon as possible."

It's fresh but it also has that classic soon™ feel that gun has perfected. This will also make sure all the soon™ purists are satisfied while bringing in new fans.

But in case we totally want to get away from soon™ ,"in a jiffy" is a nice lighthearted take,but you can't go wrong with the professionalism found in "sometime in the near future."

I swear if i hear "git gud" while i play jason after seeing them artillery pics ima break my disc in half.

1 minute ago, Jballz said:

I swear if i hear "git gud" while i play jason after seeing them artillery pics ima break my disc in half.

lol sad thing is the cocky jackasses will. @AldermachXI has a video with a shithead who was cheating and was also being an arrogant dick about it. When he would swing at the guy dude would teleport and use infinite med sprays and have the nerve to say "Easy Game" Hope you don't mind me bringing it up Alder

21 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

lol sad thing is the cocky jackasses will. @AldermachXI has a video with a shithead who was cheating and was also being an arrogant dick about it. When he would swing at the guy dude would teleport and use infinite med sprays and have the nerve to say "Easy Game" Hope you don't mind me bringing it up Alder

Alder is on "vacation". He may be back "soon". 😉

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

And I present to you F13 the Game's latest award: 2018 Understatement of the Year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Cool, Figured i would tag him so he can see it whenever he comes back on :)

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Ah,looks like I missed something. Maybe he'll send us a postcard.

4 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

I have a gif but it won't load :( I will just cry it away :D 

• Confused 1

Honestly, im surprised more members aren't or haven't been banned.

I feel like compared to other communities or sites with forums. The moderation here is pretty lax given all the quick and ready ugliness that happens and personal attacks at one another.

I've seen members banned for less in other places.

Anyway, to the topic at hand.

If they think all they have to do is 'fix' or 'regulate' the camp sites better, then they missed the point (and have for a long time) entirely.

• Thanks 1

Didn't they specifically say over and over there may be a slight increase? How can you fuck that up so badly? Their fix will be you won't find jack shit the entire game and everyone will be back to calling it The drawer opening simulator. I have completely lost faith in patches fixing things. It was better the day the game came out. And that's a shame. 

10 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

It's fun to hide knives in spots where they can't be found, fire off extra shotguns, and use medsprays to crash through random windows to balance the game.  

If you guys ever play with the devs and they are Jason, stun and knife them while saying: " Hey!  You almost had me but, NERF!!!!" right as you stun them with whatever weapons you have.

Knowing them, they will give you a "vacation" for saying that :ph34r:.

36 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Ah,looks like I missed something. Maybe he'll send us a postcard.

I suspect the sexual harassment thread's reference to pegging may have been involved.

10 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

It'If you guys ever play with the devs and they are Jason, stun and knife them while saying: " Hey!  You almost had me but, NERF!!!!" right as you stun them with whatever weapons you have.

Not gonna lie, as i read this i was picturing it in my head and damn it was funny. I would love to see someone play on stream with him and do this when he is Jason.