Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alcanx

Jason should be able to reset traps that were triggered via tanking

Recommended Posts

Bear traps aren't a one-time-use object and should therefore be resettable if they have NOT been 'disarmed' via knife. 

If someone steps in a trap, then its done its job properly. Its job is not to be inconspicuous, but to TRAP prey, to ensnare it. Traps work when the reward outweighs the risk, which is why animal traps are generally baited with food. Councillor traps are instead baited with objectives.

When someone disarms the bear trap via knife, they win. They use up a knife, sure, but they render the trap useless by undoing a few screws and whatnot. 

When someone steps in a trap, the trap wins. It's job was to ensnare a victim who was going for the 'reward', and it did just that. 

If someone steps in a trap, Jason should be able to either pick it up again and place it somewhere else or reset it. If someone disarms a trap with a knife, it's a goner. 

This would really push the teamwork and strategy aspect of the game, no longer would Vanessa be able to tank a trap, drop the fuse and sprint off into the distance. People would have to choose between a second chance or a chance to escape entirely, people would have to push objectives AT THE SAME TIME useing walkies to communicate in order to force Jason to choose, should no knives/not enough knives be available. 

Pocketknives should also be reduced back to 5, 4 in a normal match + Tommy = 5. There would be enough for the average Jason's traps. Minuses would have a real weakness with a fair workaround and part 2 would require extra strategy to beat considering his strength.

This would be a good buff to part 2 especially since his traps can be easily taken out by the one player running medic. (I have legit made part 2s ragequit before by tanking as Vanessa and running epic medic/marathon). It would also mean that medic wouldn't need to be nerfed or altered in any way, considering that nerfing perks seems to be the way to go lately. 

As a councilor pref, I wouldn't consider this a 'nerf' at all, just like trap and grab distance for Jason, I would consider this the NORM.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I brought up this idea in another thread when the subject came up. You stealing my ideas, bruh? :lol:

This would be a fantastic change. Tanking a trap would only be viable with multiple people present to complete the repair, otherwise Jason would reset the trap. Jason should also be able to pick up and re-set traps that haven't been disarmed with knives, in case of an initial bad placement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad Richie didn't have any spray... <NSFW>. Anyway, Whitney trying to help Richie get out of the trap got me thinking. Might be cool to need a second counselor to release you from the trap. Sorry Vanessa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this would be great. Along with your idea, I think there should be a minigame for escaping Jason’s traps similar to repairing but instead it relates to your strength. Higher strength counselors would get an easier minigame then weaker counselors. It would make traps more dangerous while giving the strength stat more purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I brought up this idea in another thread when the subject came up. You stealing my ideas, bruh? :lol:

I too brought this up in another thread, maybe YOU'RE stealing MY ideas 💪💪👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

I too brought this up in another thread, maybe YOU'RE stealing MY ideas 💪💪👀

I don't recall you being the one that initially brought it up. I could be wrong. Someone said Jason should be able to reset his traps and I suggested knives permanently disable them. It was in the thread about too many pocket knives I think. Hopefully we both came to the same idea independently. ;)

9 minutes ago, doitagain said:

I think this would be great. Along with your idea, I think there should be a minigame for escaping Jason’s traps similar to repairing but instead it relates to your strength. Higher strength counselors would get an easier minigame then weaker counselors. It would make traps more dangerous while giving the strength stat more purpose.


I'd like to see the "button mash" feature be replaced with something like the "teeter-totter" feature in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games when you grind on a rail or balance certain tricks. Strength would determine how easy this mechanic would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don't recall you being the one that initially brought it up. I could be wrong. Someone said Jason should be able to reset his traps and I suggested knives permanently disable them. It was in the thread about too many pocket knives I think. Hopefully we both came to the same idea independently. ;)

"In my opinion, Jason should be able to reset traps that were triggered by foot, this implies that you didn't see the trap and it's working as intended. Disarming a trap would be like sabotaging it, rendering it useless"

EAT IT 👏👏👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

"In my opinion, Jason should be able to reset traps that were triggered by foot, this implies that you didn't see the trap and it's working as intended. Disarming a trap would be like sabotaging it, rendering it useless"

EAT IT 👏👏👏

Something id weird with quoting/linking forum posts. Can you give me the plain url? I want to check the post time stamps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alcanx said:

Ok, I see now. The lower half of your post was blue and with the gray background on the website it was hard to read, so I didn't read it lol. Really I just glanced at the title and a few lines so I didn't see the part about permanently disarming with knives vs impermanent with foot.

I made this post below, and scout's honor, came to this idea by myself.

Traps as Counter to Knives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traps desperately need a buff or rework.

They're too easily countered and taken out of the equation with med sprays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Traps desperately need a buff or rework.

They're too easily countered and taken out of the equation with med sprays.

Like I said before, with epic medic I've singlehandedly tanked all 7 of 2s traps. 

-traps is just pathetic honestly, you might as well start with 0 lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×