Sign in to follow this  
Alcanx

Jason should be able to reset traps that were triggered via tanking

Bear traps aren't a one-time-use object and should therefore be resettable if they have NOT been 'disarmed' via knife. 

If someone steps in a trap, then its done its job properly. Its job is not to be inconspicuous, but to TRAP prey, to ensnare it. Traps work when the reward outweighs the risk, which is why animal traps are generally baited with food. Councillor traps are instead baited with objectives.

When someone disarms the bear trap via knife, they win. They use up a knife, sure, but they render the trap useless by undoing a few screws and whatnot. 

When someone steps in a trap, the trap wins. It's job was to ensnare a victim who was going for the 'reward', and it did just that. 

If someone steps in a trap, Jason should be able to either pick it up again and place it somewhere else or reset it. If someone disarms a trap with a knife, it's a goner. 

This would really push the teamwork and strategy aspect of the game, no longer would Vanessa be able to tank a trap, drop the fuse and sprint off into the distance. People would have to choose between a second chance or a chance to escape entirely, people would have to push objectives AT THE SAME TIME useing walkies to communicate in order to force Jason to choose, should no knives/not enough knives be available. 

Pocketknives should also be reduced back to 5, 4 in a normal match + Tommy = 5. There would be enough for the average Jason's traps. Minuses would have a real weakness with a fair workaround and part 2 would require extra strategy to beat considering his strength.

This would be a good buff to part 2 especially since his traps can be easily taken out by the one player running medic. (I have legit made part 2s ragequit before by tanking as Vanessa and running epic medic/marathon). It would also mean that medic wouldn't need to be nerfed or altered in any way, considering that nerfing perks seems to be the way to go lately. 

As a councilor pref, I wouldn't consider this a 'nerf' at all, just like trap and grab distance for Jason, I would consider this the NORM.

• Like 11

I brought up this idea in another thread when the subject came up. You stealing my ideas, bruh? :lol:

This would be a fantastic change. Tanking a trap would only be viable with multiple people present to complete the repair, otherwise Jason would reset the trap. Jason should also be able to pick up and re-set traps that haven't been disarmed with knives, in case of an initial bad placement.

Too bad Richie didn't have any spray... <NSFW>. Anyway, Whitney trying to help Richie get out of the trap got me thinking. Might be cool to need a second counselor to release you from the trap. Sorry Vanessa.

I think this would be great. Along with your idea, I think there should be a minigame for escaping Jason’s traps similar to repairing but instead it relates to your strength. Higher strength counselors would get an easier minigame then weaker counselors. It would make traps more dangerous while giving the strength stat more purpose.

16 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I brought up this idea in another thread when the subject came up. You stealing my ideas, bruh? :lol:

I too brought this up in another thread, maybe YOU'RE stealing MY ideas 💪💪👀

8 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

I too brought this up in another thread, maybe YOU'RE stealing MY ideas 💪💪👀

I don't recall you being the one that initially brought it up. I could be wrong. Someone said Jason should be able to reset his traps and I suggested knives permanently disable them. It was in the thread about too many pocket knives I think. Hopefully we both came to the same idea independently. ;)

9 minutes ago, doitagain said:

I think this would be great. Along with your idea, I think there should be a minigame for escaping Jason’s traps similar to repairing but instead it relates to your strength. Higher strength counselors would get an easier minigame then weaker counselors. It would make traps more dangerous while giving the strength stat more purpose.

I'd like to see the "button mash" feature be replaced with something like the "teeter-totter" feature in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games when you grind on a rail or balance certain tricks. Strength would determine how easy this mechanic would be.

21 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don't recall you being the one that initially brought it up. I could be wrong. Someone said Jason should be able to reset his traps and I suggested knives permanently disable them. It was in the thread about too many pocket knives I think. Hopefully we both came to the same idea independently. ;)

"In my opinion, Jason should be able to reset traps that were triggered by foot, this implies that you didn't see the trap and it's working as intended. Disarming a trap would be like sabotaging it, rendering it useless"

EAT IT 👏👏👏

24 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

"In my opinion, Jason should be able to reset traps that were triggered by foot, this implies that you didn't see the trap and it's working as intended. Disarming a trap would be like sabotaging it, rendering it useless"

EAT IT 👏👏👏

Something id weird with quoting/linking forum posts. Can you give me the plain url? I want to check the post time stamps.

2 hours ago, Alcanx said:

Ok, I see now. The lower half of your post was blue and with the gray background on the website it was hard to read, so I didn't read it lol. Really I just glanced at the title and a few lines so I didn't see the part about permanently disarming with knives vs impermanent with foot.

I made this post below, and scout's honor, came to this idea by myself.

Traps as Counter to Knives

Traps desperately need a buff or rework.

They're too easily countered and taken out of the equation with med sprays.

9 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Traps desperately need a buff or rework.

They're too easily countered and taken out of the equation with med sprays.

Like I said before, with epic medic I've singlehandedly tanked all 7 of 2s traps. 

-traps is just pathetic honestly, you might as well start with 0 lmao. 

There are people that just tank traps and heal themselves with the medic perk.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Ok but that would still be too OP. There's Jasons who vomit their traps all over the phone box and/or cars, making it a challenge to repair a part in those objectives. Fuck this lmao, you could just make another suggestion to negate the Thick Skinned/Medic perk effects when a counselor steps on Jason's trap. 

No...he shouldn’t be able to reset a trap without it using up one of his traps. Although I do believe that Jason should be able to set another trap on top of one that has been set off.

• Thanks 1

My take is that after Jason trap has been used, he should be able to go back to his shack to restock. It's likely a morph or two to do so, except on the smallest maps, and time wasted while people get stuff done. It's definitely a balanced concept in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

No...he shouldn’t be able to reset a trap without it using up one of his traps. Although I do believe that Jason should be able to set another trap on top of one that has been set off.

I was going to say that. 

Reopening a trap is too much but he should be able to set another trap in the same place multiple times. 

The phone and car would be literally unrepairable .Any good Jason would abuse this to death.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

The phone and car would be literally unrepairable .Any good Jason would abuse this to death.

Exactly lol

Instead of allowing jason to restore his traps what they need to do is fix the heart of the problem which is the ridiculous supply of medic sprays around the map. Many people spawn in with a medic spray and then have the 2x medic perk equipped. They should just get rid of this perk altogether. Another thing they could do is make it so it takes signifcantly longer to get out of jasons traps. This would make it so that if somebody eats a trap jason will have time to morph over there and kill them

I like to use traps probably more than anybody, 7 traps with part 2 is plenty for anyone. Lately I've had 1 or 2 left over when playing a Jason with 5 traps.

People need to quit thinking about traps as a means to injure counselors and start thinking about them as a signalling device. I only set traps to alert me to counselors going after objectives. I will set one on the driver door of a car to slow down someone from getting in it if there is a group pushing to get it running, but other than that they may as well be a string with a bell. I only need the to be an alert that something is happening.

3 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Hai.

14 hours ago, Anonymous said:

I tank that shit without the Medic perk. I use Scout!