Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I had an idea where we should have a mode where it's the same as the current game but like all the chase music is off and the maps are darker and you need to use your flashlights to see where Jason's at. Yes it would be very OP but for horror nuts like myself it would be a lot of fun in the horror factor lol idea came to me while watching some of the Alpha gameplay today. What do you guys think? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just set your music to off and turn down you gamma. Done! Get your friends to do it too and mission accomplished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Just set your music to off and turn down you gamma. Done! Get your friends to do it too and mission accomplished.

I feel like I could of worded this a little better lol I just think it would be neat to be jump scared by Jason out of no where and be afraid of him, in most of my matches I easily kill Jason :') I am aware that they are looking into the balance but just an interesting suggestion I had, I still love the game no matter what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Think its cool. unfortunatley this forum has turned into a click of people who try to turn every strange or diffrent thread into a lockout.

i could see an evil hellish map and a hallucigenic mode with f13th part 5 psychiatric farmhouse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all wished it would be scarier, but some of it is balance issues; some of it is how the game currently plays in it's standard MP mode. I hope Paranoia gets back to the scarier play concept and I hope the Devs fix the current MP issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I think we all wished it would be scarier, but some of it is balance issues; some of it is how the game currently plays in it's standard MP mode. I hope Paranoia gets back to the scarier play concept and I hope the Devs fix the current MP issues.

I am hoping for that as well. I cannot wait for Paranoia! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well right now theres like 4 or 5 diffrent threads about balancing.its making me sick to my stomach.we need a stronger jason and scarier game modes. we dont need know it alls  who try to control the subject matter in this forum. the forum click needs to be stopped. if your not a moderator fuck off. i would love to see a scarier game mode like a spooky Halloweenish or Ghoulish mode that pays tribute to The Nes Friday the 13th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

well right now theres like 4 or 5 diffrent threads about balancing.its making me sick to my stomach.we need a stronger jason and scarier game modes. we dont need know it alls  who try to control the subject matter in this forum. the forum click needs to be stopped. if your not a moderator fuck off. i would love to see a scarier game mode like a spooky Halloweenish or Ghoulish mode that pays tribute to The Nes Friday the 13th.

I don't worry about a stronger Jason. They are all strong and good in their own way, depends on how you play them. I main part 4, no other Jason beats him with my gameplay! Everyone is different, but I do agree the game should definitely have a realistic feel to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

i could see an evil hellish map and a hallucigenic mode with f13th part 5 psychiatric farmhouse.

That's just it though. We want to play Friday the 13th, not Hellraiser or In the Mouth of Madness. It is not that the ideas are not valued, but they just don't really fit the concept of what the game is supposed to be. There is no doubt that the fear department is lacking in the game right now, but going way off base may not be the best way to address things. The real issue lies with the Devs and their unwillingness to dial the game into a horror feel; which it has been losing a little bit at a time since launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

That's just it though. We want to play Friday the 13th, not Hellraiser or In the Mouth of Madness. It is not that the ideas are not valued, but they just don't really fit the concept of what the game is supposed to be. There is no doubt that the fear department is lacking in the game right now, but going way off base may not be the best way to address things. The real issue lies with the Devs and their unwillingness to dial the game into a horror feel; which it has been losing a little bit at a time since launch.

I would enjoy better graphics along with the horror feel you want in a small camp in the middle of nowhere. I wish there would be more underbrush in the forest, fog, condensation on windows and glass doors, lights dim out, No chase music until the cabin door is broken or he is right behind you, I think stalk could be activated anytime and should last as long as you desire until you morph, and just the overall fear. It's to bright right now, i can walk the whole map without a flash light; I know i can turn down my gamma but it shouldn't be a choice, it should be a set part of the game. The Devs just really don't give a shit about what "most" of us think. I can explain every aspect of what should be changed, and nothing would be done about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TiffanyCox said:

I would enjoy better graphics along with the horror feel you want in a small camp in the middle of nowhere.

. I can explain every aspect of what should be changed, and nothing would be done about it.

Such as it is here. Welcome to the Vocal Nobodies Club. Here at the VNC we strive to provide concise and actionable feedback to maximize the gameplay experience despite the knowledge our efforts will go completely fucking ignored. Grab a tee-shirt at the kiosk and keep up the good (if unremembered) work. I'm sure someday someone will read what you post and think, "damn that was a great idea!". This will only happen long after the game is dead and gone of course. ;)

content.php?file=aHR0cDovL3NhZnIua2luZ2Z

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, imrathan said:

I had an idea where we should have a mode where it's the same as the current game but like all the chase music is off and the maps are darker and you need to use your flashlights to see where Jason's at. Yes it would be very OP but for horror nuts like myself it would be a lot of fun in the horror factor lol idea came to me while watching some of the Alpha gameplay today. What do you guys think? 

 

34 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Just set your music to off and turn down you gamma. Done! Get your friends to do it too and mission accomplished.

I made a thread about how to try to capture this feeling. It only works if you play with people you trust to use the same settings. I believe it does offer the "jump scare" thrill you're looking for. It is here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome idea! There shouldn't be any warning music for an approaching Jason!!!! #makejasonscaryagain

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AWOLPAIN said:

Awesome idea! There shouldn't be any warning music for an approaching Jason!!!! #makejasonscaryagain

God forbid its retro Jason! Counsellors are more likely to brake out the dancing emotes to his tune than run and scream in terror!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically the amazing pre alpha footage that was basically darker and had no music which was cool and I still think that the pre alpha stages were better than the full game in my mind it had a much darker tone and I loved it I thought this was gonna be a Friday the 13th fans wet dream. But to me it turned out a little bit disappointing when I played the final product I didn’t understand what was wrong with what they had before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing in Private Matches where everybody agrees to shut their music off, is pretty cool. I haven't played too many of them, or with a full lobby, but it's pretty effective and makes it more intense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The chase music should be kept - it's an excellent score after all and makes the whole experience very authentic.

However, it's use could be changed. Chase music should not be an indicator that Jason is nearby, but should only enter if your character if Jason is in plain sight and you are facing him!

That would be scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poormetheus said:

The chase music should be kept - it's an excellent score after all and makes the whole experience very authentic.

However, it's use could be changed. Chase music should not be an indicator that Jason is nearby, but should only enter if your character if Jason is in plain sight and you are facing him!

That would be scary.

Well that's what they are saying. Keep the music if Jason is chasing you, or your fear is high. Not if he spawns at the car and your two houses down. Just to increase suspense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2018 at 2:20 PM, Alkavian said:

Such as it is here. Welcome to the Vocal Nobodies Club. Here at the VNC we strive to provide concise and actionable feedback to maximize the gameplay experience despite the knowledge our efforts will go completely fucking ignored. Grab a tee-shirt at the kiosk and keep up the good (if unremembered) work. I'm sure someday someone will read what you post and think, "damn that was a great idea!". This will only happen long after the game is dead and gone of course. ;)

content.php?file=aHR0cDovL3NhZnIua2luZ2Z

Absolutely nailed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Playing in Private Matches where everybody agrees to shut their music off, is pretty cool. I haven't played too many of them, or with a full lobby, but it's pretty effective and makes it more intense. 

I proposed a much scarier multiplayer mode recently:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14697-new-game-mode-idea-more-like-the-films/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No multiplayer horror experience will be as scary as a single player one. The reason is simple. Your buddy on the mic bitching about how his football team lost in the playoffs will ALWAYS take you out of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scarier game mode is where you can't use weapons. You wake up in an area and have to escape. Jason is hunting you down and you can only run, hide, and use distraction to survive.  Some maps include hospital, prison, and hotel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jay Shen said:

Scarier game mode is where you can't use weapons. You wake up in an area and have to escape. Jason is hunting you down and you can only run, hide, and use distraction to survive.  Some maps include hospital, prison, and hotel. 

Nice idea, but let's agree that Jason can only pursue you on foot in this mode, so his average speed ought to be increased, as well as the intensity of the fear-effect when he is close to a counselor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

Nice idea, but let's agree that Jason can only pursue you on foot in this mode, so his average speed ought to be increased, as well as the intensity of the fear-effect when he is close to a counselor.

Fair enough. It will be first person and feels like Outlast on steroids. One way to stun Jason is be above him then fall and land on him like in part 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×