Is it just me or is anyone noticed the bots in offline are much better to night? On hard difficulty in one match the called the cops within the first 5 minutes and tryed to escape . And in the next match shelly got the car to work and stopped by a cabin to pick someone up. Even tommy was actually running around trying to help jenny escape instead of camping or stuck opening drawers. Felt like playing a match with a bunch of noobs. It was fucking great,I hope it stays this way.

• Like 2

@Syomare

I played earlier today on PS4 but didn't notice a difference.

I find sometimes they work well and other times they're pretty dumb. It's usually a toss up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Syomare

I played earlier today on PS4 but didn't notice a difference.

I find sometimes they work well and other times they're pretty dumb. It's usually a toss up.

Yea this game has always been like that.Somedays it plays fine then the next it's amess.I just played another match and it played good,however I found tommy stuck in the drawer animation again .This afternoon it wasn't it was playing shity like normal though .

My experience has been that on Easy, the bots play tough.  On Hard, they get wiped out right away.

Maybe the difficulty levels have been switched?

God, even the bots have become the fucking Justice League. Since the encephalitis patient is getting teabagged by AI counselors, will Gun Media now realize that they've turned one of the most fear-inspiring icons of cinema into a soft bitch?

I’m struggling to see any difference between the easy and hard difficulties in offline mode. It all seems the same to me.

• Like 2

I would like to be able to customize my counselor's outfits in offline mode.

Maybe they could wear the same as what I have them set as for online play.

• Like 2

I don't think the AI has been improved yet. The bots seem, at least to me, to be performing as they always have been. I don't think I've ever had them call the cops on me yet. They have got the car started a couple of times. Some matches they seem to be well coordinated at an objective, but others they spend their timing freaking out and dying in obvious hiding spots. It has been kind of a crap shoot in that regard.

• Like 1

I think they released the bots as "ready" but not "polished".  The bots we have now are the basic version of what upcoming updates will add.

It's really hit and miss.  I have had the bots work really well together and other times I have had the AI suicide at least 3 of the characters.  Not sure if certain character line ups force the AI to behave in a certain way or if maps cause it.  Might be a combination of both.  I don't think difficulty changes the behavior much either.  I have done normal a few times and saw them work together as if it was hard and same thing on easy.  Also vice versa where hard plays like they are easy.  

They also seem to spawn in at the same spots every time.  If you want to knock off all the barn kills, start up a game on Higgins small, warp to the house/barn immediately, and there is usually a bot just standing there not moving for a few seconds in front of the house stairs.  Slash a few times to put them into a wounded state and then carry them to the barn.  They might break free but they are wounded and don't have any med sprays so they aren't going far.  

1 hour ago, Deeify said:

I think they released the bots as "ready" but not "polished".  The bots we have now are the basic version of what upcoming updates will add.

Agreed. They did mention they would continue to improve the bot AI, so I suspect we may see some better responses as time goes on.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Agreed. They did mention they would continue to improve the bot AI, so I suspect we may see some better responses as time goes on.

I'll be happy when the AI stops getting in the water for no reason and swimming in circles...

• Like 1

I can't say enough how the Bots have revitalized this game for me.  I think their so much fun, even with the flaws. With that said....

When I first started playing them on the Xbox, they were at their worst. But I could swear they improved over time. They would still do stupid shit, but not nearly as much, and they would start pulling off clever shit more and more. Three times in a row, with me not making it easy, they got the cops called. The first 2 were luck, because I had just morphed away as they broke the traps. The last time they did it was by springing the phone trap with a pocket knife. AJ sprung the trap, LaChappa made the call...or at least that's what it looked like when I morphed to them, right after I heard the, "Copy on the road therapy". Also the rate of all of Tommy's glitches seemed low towards the end.

Then I played fresh bots when I got home to my PC and they seemed all shitty again. Tommy was back to the drawers. They were all running into rocks, or not moving at all. But after playing for a few days with them, last night (round after round) they weren't attempting to hide. I'd break a door down and they'd be right there ready to attack. They were attacking me left and right and were organized; stunning me out grabs. I had a betrayal and a flare gun save in one match. No one was going in the water. Traps got broken and some stuff would get fixed. They were healing themselves after tanking traps. I was impressed.

But then earlier today they were back to being shitty. Tommy was almost always off in the distance, afk.

It's most likely luck of the draw, but it would be nice to think they can adapt to an individual's playing style.   

• Like 1

I actually had a bot hide in an outhouse tonight. I was tracking a Bugzy with sense, as he was out of view, when he suddenly vanished. I came up to the area where his red silhouette disappeared, and the only hiding spots were a couple of outhouses. Sure enough, got the kill in the first one I checked. I've played a ton against the bots and have never seen them hide in an outhouse before.

They got the cops called yesterday! Then proceeded to lose with 5 seek and destroy kills. 😒

Impressed and then disappointed all in one match. They have potential to be challenging...just not quite there yet.

10 hours ago, CoyT92 said:

I'll be happy when the AI stops getting in the water for no reason and swimming in circles...

Agreed! I hate when they do that, lol. 😂

Have noticed if u don't morph at the beginning of the match and instead travel on foot about halfway though the match the cops will be called and one of the cars will be repaired. I think it has to do with their fear 

I've been on Normal, and the bots are extremely stupid. I'm hoping you're right and that the bots have gotten better. They act like I'm not even in the same room with them sometimes. 

The last few matchs they are acting like before,but sometimes they do alot better.

On 1/9/2018 at 1:32 AM, Syomare said:

The last few matchs they are acting like before,but sometimes they do alot better.

Take that back,tommy just distracted me while a.j and shelly escaped .First time anyone escaped from me.

With a minute of a match I just played ,they called the police and before five minutes they fixed one of the cars. I have played alot of bot matchs and never have they been this good.

Tommy just escaped on me legitimately. The morph point for the phone was fucked up though. If I dropped it on the phone, I would end up much further away. This isn't the first, drastically off, morph points I've seen as of late.

Anyway, I heard the trap, morphed and ended up too far away and I was without shift. As I :JasonPt8: walked to Mitch, i watched him finish the phone, walk into the house and make the call. 

Fast forward 4 mins 50 secs later, I found Tommy and I was trying hard to kill him. He happened to be at the house close to the cop's exit. After a good chase, he shot me and ran off to victory.

9 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Tommy just escaped on me legitimately. The morph point for the phone was fucked up though. If I dropped it on the phone, I would end up much further away. This isn't the first, drastically off, morph points I've seen as of late.

Anyway, I heard the trap, morphed and ended up too far away and I was without shift. As I :JasonPt8: walked to Mitch, i watched him finish the phone, walk into the house and make the call. 

Fast forward 4 mins 50 secs later, I found Tommy and I was trying hard to kill him. He happened to be at the house close to the cop's exit. After a good chase, he shot me and ran off to victory.

So it's not just me? The bots are getting better?I'm playing right now and the match I just played , I really had to play to keep the m from escapng.

Just had another match that felt like I was playing against a bunch of noobs.I have noticed that it seems like its only curtain counselors that are doing all the work. If anyone else is experiencing this please post it here.

1 hour ago, Syomare said:

So it's not just me? The bots are getting better?

Maybe. I hope so! 

I have a feeling that certain circumstances work out for them more than others. In that same round where Tommy escaped, I had a Buggzy swim in a straight line. He didn't go across; he swam to the middle, swam straight down the waterway and then swam back to shore. But then again, I also had 2 counselors get stuck in the rocks. BOTH making it almost impossible to reach them. Even these fuckers are trying to exploit! (I've been finding a bunch of bugs. I building a folder now)

There might be some room to consider that WE might be changing a little bit, without realizing it; in turn, letting them perform better. I don't know. All I know is that I hope they don't go too crazy with trying to fix them.

In the next patch they should NOT increase the difficulty of the existing Easy to Hard. Just have them stop doing the obvious dumb shit. Let's start with that and THEN, after a while, see if we need more of a challenge. BUT....I would't mind a Brutal difficulty setting. Easy, Normal, Hard, Brutal. And please call it "Brutal" and not "Super Hard" or "Impossible". 

52 minutes ago, Syomare said:

Just had another match that felt like I was playing against a bunch of noobs.I have noticed that it seems like its only curtain counselors that are doing all the work. If anyone else is experiencing this please post it here.

For me they all try to fix things. 

22 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Maybe. I hope so! 

I have a feeling that certain circumstances work out for them more than others. In that same round where Tommy escaped, I had a Buggzy swim in a straight line. He didn't go across; he swam to the middle, swam straight down the waterway and then swam back to shore. But then again, I also had 2 counselors get stuck in the rocks. BOTH making it almost impossible to reach them. Even these fuckers are trying to exploit! (I've been finding a bunch of bugs. I building a folder now)

There might be some room to consider that WE might be changing a little bit, without realizing it; in turn, letting them perform better. I don't know. All I know is that I hope they don't go too crazy with trying to fix them.

In the next patch they should NOT increase the difficulty of the existing Easy to Hard. Just have them stop doing the obvious dumb shit. Let's start with that and THEN, after a while, see if we need more of a challenge. BUT....I would't mind a Brutal difficulty setting. Easy, Normal, Hard, Brutal. And please call it "Brutal" and not "Super Hard" or "Impossible". 

For me they all try to fix things. 

You might be right.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:15 AM, LuckyDrunkTed said:

My experience has been that on Easy, the bots play tough.  On Hard, they get wiped out right away.

Maybe the difficulty levels have been switched?

I totally agree.  I kept playing on hard and it was too easy.  Then, I let a friend who hasn't played try it on easy and when I saw what the counselors were doing, I realized that easy was actually hard.  So, I started playing it on easy and the counselors play better.