Speed_Force92

Make car stopping a mini-game instead of automatic

23 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I am not going to say your a bad jason, you could even be a great Jason and that is cool, but i doubt you get 8/8 practically 100% of the time. You should upload videos of your jason playing i would love to see how you play

I say I am a great Jason, but I couldn't be more honest. As I have gotten 5/8 and maybe even 4/8 before. It could sometimes be from lag, or the amount of people who stand around the four seater trying to escape (all with weapons)

I think Jason should be able to tip the car over. You could make that into a mini game. Think whenever Michael Myers tips the car over with Laurie in it in Rob Zombie's Halloween II. Something akin to that. You could do it whenever the car is parked or you could do it after you stop it with your fists to stop them from using it again.

4 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I think Jason should be able to tip the car over. You could make that into a mini game. Think whenever Michael Myers tips the car over with Laurie in it in Rob Zombie's Halloween II. Something akin to that. You could do it whenever the car is parked or you could do it after you stop it with your fists to stop them from using it again.

Just saying...Rob Zombie Halloween films sucked. Jason should just be able to smash the vehicle and something else would need fixed. I feel instead of hopping back in the car you should have to repair the engine as in a mini-game.

5 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I am not going to say your a bad jason, you could even be a great Jason and that is cool, but i doubt you get 8/8 practically 100% of the time. You should upload videos of your jason playing i would love to see how you play

I said nearly me killing 8/8 is definitely in the 90th percentile nowadays because of how much easier as Jason it got yeah the grabbing is harder like aforementioned by a few but you learn to adapt

2 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I think Jason should be able to tip the car over.

no need, just wait for the car to hit a pothole that'll do it.

We don't need a car crash mini-game, like Jason needs another thing that can incapacitate him. They might as well spawn him in the water clinging to the boat with a boulder chained around his neck and have him spend 20 minutes playing the "will i drowned" mini-game while the counselor's party on the shoreline.

I think you've mistaken bots for online play, because that's the only way you could possibly think Jason is too OP. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JPops said:

@HuDawg stop instigating

Im not instigating anything.

Im a counter puncher..   Not an instigator,

Regardless of what you want to call it, it's against the rules so please refrain from it in your postings. Thank you. 

If the problem is you're an unstoppable Jason that gets 8/8 over 90% of the time, and as a counselor you are also unstoppable and almost always escape, then.... I'm lost.

If you honestly believe you're the Jimmy Woods of Friday the 13th then your POV wouldn't likely be representative of most players. 

Maybe try some self imposed restrictions. Never pick up pocket knives and med sprays as a counselor? Never shift as Jason? Play with your eyes crossed?

In all seriousness though, a mini game to stop the car is an awful idea. As Jason, much of the time, your trying to keep tabs on other things in tandem all while watching what kind of Stormtroopers pop out of the disabled vehicle. 

Just not a good idea. 

I just want this game to be as challenging as it was right after all the glitches were patched when people were forced to play the game before all the nerfing happened to Jason and the counselors with a few fresh new aspects not new people or new levels new actions new things that can be done in game similar to the way the devs added the cabin placements for Jason Kills

19 hours ago, JPops said:

Regardless of what you want to call it, it's against the rules so please refrain from it in your postings. Thank you. 

With all due respect. Im not sure what im doing wrong. and im not sure what rules im breaking.

In this topic theres a guy claiming that Jason is OP and the counselors are weak..  And that stopping cars on the move should be more difficult.   Now, im not sure how else to converse with someone like this without pointing out what hes saying is pretty much BS..

15 hours ago, Speed_Force92 said:

I just want this game to be as challenging as it was right after all the glitches were patched when people were forced to play the game before all the nerfing happened to Jason and the counselors with a few fresh new aspects not new people or new levels new actions new things that can be done in game similar to the way the devs added the cabin placements for Jason Kills

More jason kills does not make Jason stronger..  Just gives him more kills.  You keep bring up jason kills..  JASON KILLS don't matter.

Also... I myself can get 8/8 kills in a lobby filled with randoms (especially low level randoms).  I  Their chances for escape are really low.

But..  if you play against groups of try hards and friends that actually work cooperatively its the exact opposite type of game.

So, like i said before.   

. You stop car but have to do some stupid mini game thing 1st.    Ok, then as Jason you win that minigame.. Counselors all get out of the car with pocket knives in  their inventory and beat Jason senseless.. Then get back int he car and drive away.     

If you're looking for a 'challenge' in this game.. I highly suggest you find like minded players to play with.

Keeping the conversation civil and free on any antagonizing remarks if someone is being abusive you may use the report button and are not to engage in a back and forth with that user. If you have any questions you may PM me. 

Hmm the developers have a lot of work to do with this next patch, whenever it comes out. The forums are on fire these days . . .

On 1/9/2018 at 10:59 AM, Brigadius said:

We don't need a car crash mini-game, like Jason needs another thing that can incapacitate him. They might as well spawn him in the water clinging to the boat with a boulder chained around his neck and have him spend 20 minutes playing the "will i drowned" mini-game while the counselor's party on the shoreline.

I think you've mistaken bots for online play, because that's the only way you could possibly think Jason is too OP. 

Look pal, I literally never said that Jason was "too OP". Not once have I ever stated that, nor thought that. I feel like you've taken leaps and bounds to assume and interpret things from my post that clearly weren't there and I don't appreciate it. My idea of tipping the car over as a mini game was actually to help Jason, not nerf him further. I posted a more fleshed out take on my concept in another thread, and to sum it up without you having to go to said thread, I'll explain what it would entitle: my idea was that as Jason, you could tip the car(s) over whenever you spawn by playing a mini game, and it will stop them from ever fixing the car in the first place. You can also tip it over with them inside of it, and if any counselor in the car is critical, it will kill them, and any healthy counselor will be made critical. I feel like the way I worded my post initially should've kept me from having to explain what I meant, I feel like I made it pretty obvious that my idea was a pro Jason idea. 

On 1/9/2018 at 1:59 PM, Brigadius said:

Oh I would much enjoy doing a mini-game instead of slashing troll fuckers? Who do you think I am :D 

9 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

Look pal, I literally never said that Jason was "too OP". Not once have I ever stated that, nor thought that. I feel like you've taken leaps and bounds to assume and interpret things from my post that clearly weren't there and I don't appreciate it. My idea of tipping the car over as a mini game was actually to help Jason, not nerf him further. I posted a more fleshed out take on my concept in another thread, and to sum it up without you having to go to said thread, I'll explain what it would entitle: my idea was that as Jason, you could tip the car(s) over whenever you spawn by playing a mini game, and it will stop them from ever fixing the car in the first place. You can also tip it over with them inside of it, and if any counselor in the car is critical, it will kill them, and any healthy counselor will be made critical. I feel like the way I worded my post initially should've kept me from having to explain what I meant, I feel like I made it pretty obvious that my idea was a pro Jason idea. 

There seems to be some confusion only that first sentence was for you,  the rest was for op. That's why I started a new paragraph. But that's my mistake I should have made it more clear. 

It's fine, thank you for understanding! Yeah, that actually makes more sense now that I go back and re-read it. Sorry if I was salty fam haha 

2 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

It's fine, thank you for understanding! Yeah, that actually makes more sense now that I go back and re-read it. Sorry if I was salty fam haha 

Anyone with a spongebob avatar is going to be a little salty? right? He does live in the sea... :D 

I've thought about changing it back to sackhead Jason, but Spongebob fits my personality better I think XD 

5 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

No problem, at first I was like who is deathbat and when did I insult him. It's all good. 

3 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

Anyone with a spongebob avatar is going to be a little salty? right? He does live in the sea... :D 

But they should be a little sweet too. Right? He does live in a pineapple. 

Just now, Brigadius said:

No problem, at first I was like who is deathbat and when did I insult him. It's all good. 

But they should be a little sweet too. Right? He does live in a pineapple. 

ohhhh...pineapples are good! You got me there :D 

On 1/7/2018 at 3:06 AM, Jay Shen said:

Mini game...no thanks.  It's hard enough with morph being way off.

Although morphing is a bit off, if you do it enough, you get the rhythm down.

On 1/7/2018 at 2:56 PM, Official_Adam_W said:

Ya morph has it's own huge share of problems. i have tried placing the marker over top of the car where it is stationary and i get the stupid sound saying nope. Or how about if a car is driving towards the exit so you go to morph really close to the exit (insert stupid denial sound) so by the time you move it to where it lets you morph the car has now escaped. Had this happen a lot.

Yeah it sucks when that happens. Part of using Shift and Morph in dealing with the car is anticipation.

On 1/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, Speed_Force92 said:

Catching a car is more in the shift you just have to morph in the area then navigate successfully if that's something you like having covered then use part 6 Jason idk why people fuss so much about morph its not meant to be 100% perfect nor will it ever be its meant to go from point A to point B it is not meant to give chase nor catch moving people or vehicles

While it's true that Morph is not 100% accurate, if you're used to its shortcomings, you can get where you need quite often, as any Jason.

On 1/7/2018 at 3:30 PM, TiffanyCox said:

I think Jason should be able to deal more damage to the vehicle, such as shattering windshields, and breaking off certain door handles so that the car door can not be further opened.

I sorta stand behind this idea. I feel that when Jason is in Rage mode, he should do more damage to the car. Perhaps to the point of wrecking the car when he smashes it in an enraged state.

On 1/7/2018 at 4:18 PM, lazerus_86 said:

Hmm, seems like Speed is wanting it to the point that the game goes into the cut scene where he murders blue shirt bill at the start (I know thats not his name, but that is what i call him, cause i can never remember his actual name), the game loads for the start of the match, then instantly says "You survived", because thats about the rate things are going, if counselors get their hands held any more, there would be no sense of playing.

Imagine how fast people would level up if that happened.

On 1/8/2018 at 12:11 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I'd rather have Jason's melee attacks inflict damage upon the car, eventually accumulating into stalling it. Sometimes Jason isn't in the right spot to crash it but can hit it from the sides. In cases like that inflicting damage would help.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I'd love to pop a tire or two like this. :)

On 1/9/2018 at 10:41 AM, TiffanyCox said:

I say I am a great Jason, but I couldn't be more honest. As I have gotten 5/8 and maybe even 4/8 before. It could sometimes be from lag, or the amount of people who stand around the four seater trying to escape (all with weapons)

Confidence is key. Whether you kill 1 counselor or 8, as long as you feel good about being Jason, that's what matters.

23 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I've thought about changing it back to sackhead Jason, but Spongebob fits my personality better I think XD 

To quote the great Patrick Star:

"Hi Spongebob!"