Graverob

Why do so many people say that Savini is OP?

No Jason is OP; all get gang raped by counselors that run in packs like prison gangs. There is no "slashing your way through it" because Jason has a melee hit rate of about 10% compared to the never-miss melee skills of Chad and the Gay Brigade. Blocking in combat stance simply does not work at all and matters very little when two Chads position themselves both in front of and behind the camp retard. Jason doesn't wear his mask to inspire fear; he wears it to hide his shame. His costume would be a lot more accurate if he wore a My Little Pony mask, a light blue Mommy's Little Helper t-shirt, and had a toilet brush for a weapon. Jason isn't a demonic killer who rises from the dead to slay the arrogant, careless counselors of Camp Crystal Lake; he's the town waterhead who is shipped off each summer by an inattentive, sadistic mother who is tired of cleaning up his drooling to be bullied and laughed at by the popular kids. His head isn't bald to look tough; no, it's bald because his drunk mother got tired of cutting gum out of it for a week after he went to summer camp. If I was Kane Hodder, I would be beyond pissed at Gun Media for making me look like a 3rd grade 'tard that can't beat up a girl. Post-Nerf Jason of any flavor is a sissy punk who lets Adam give it to him in the butt for Hershey bars as long as he doesn't tell the girls.

• Haha 2

He is not OP....but he is the best Jason no doubt. He has no important weaknesses, His +shift, +destruction, starts with 5 traps is the best skill set .On top of that he can break a barricaded door in 3 hits using his stab,since he has a spear . Crazy fast. And his shift comes back in like 15 seconds lol. 

I have him but never use him. Not big on his design, and not as fun as the movie Jason's for me . 

3 hours ago, ChadFace said:

Pretty much nobody uses pocket knifes on traps. With how traps are now, having 7 really isn't all that advantageous. Part 2 has - Shift and - Water Speed so if the car or boat gets started good luck catching them. He's not even close to OP, he's fucking bad. 

Savini is no better than Part 8? What the fuck are you smoking? Savini has + Shift which makes a huge difference! 

Part 2's 7 traps are pretty effective if used well. I still believe ol' Baghead is still the best map controller in the game. -Water speed isn't really that big of a disadvantage on most maps. You can still "goalie" the boat, even with -shift, since all it really does is slow down the cooldown effect for the ablility.. Part 2 Jason is actually my favorite skin to play.

As I have said before, I do not have Savini Jason. But, Part 8 Jason is pretty well stacked when it comes to power abilities, and really doesn't suffer too much from the minuses. I think you might put a little too much stock in the difference in + or - in shift. But we all have our own play-styles and shift may be what you center your killing style around. If so, I can see why you wouldn't like any kind of disadvantage with it.

5 hours ago, ChadFace said:

Pretty much nobody uses pocket knifes on traps. With how traps are now, having 7 really isn't all that advantageous. Part 2 has - Shift and - Water Speed so if the car or boat gets started good luck catching them. He's not even close to OP, he's fucking bad. 

Savini is no better than Part 8? What the fuck are you smoking? Savini has + Shift which makes a huge difference! 

If you're saying that +shift is what makes him OP then you're just terrible at this game. 

I have him and for me he's about even with part 8 except part 8s axe don't get stuck on something almost every time you swing it. All the Jason's are about even they just have to be played differently. Like somebody else said the main reason people complain is because they can't have him it's a fact that most people's mentality is if they can't have something they want it more. They can't have it so they bitch about other people that do. Another factor especially in the case of less experienced players thinking he's OP is the fact that most that have him are high level experienced players that know how to play as Jason and would probably kill everybody no matter which one they used it just gets noticed more with Savini because of the other issues I said. I guess people think if they complain enough he'll either get removed or they'll give him to everybody. 

1 hour ago, Graverob said:

If you're saying that +shift is what makes him OP then you're just terrible at this game. 

+ Shift isn't what makes him op, it's the combo of shift, destruction, and weapon strength. I don't even really think he's OP but he's the best Jason for sure. Part 8 is great but he doesn't have + weapon strength and + shift. 

Just now, daughterofolaf said:

I don’t know that I think he is too powerful.  But I can say that I have never once survived a round when the Jason is Savini Jason.  

Savini and Part 8 are practically the same in game play.  Both have destruction and can't run, the only differences really are shifting, and sense. I would way rather play Part 4 than Savini. That's just my opinion, but I have escaped many times against friends who have played Savini.

1 minute ago, TiffanyCox said:

Savini and Part 8 are practically the same in game play.  Both have destruction and can't run, the only differences really are shifting, and sense. I would way rather play Part 4 than Savini. That's just my opinion, but I have escaped many times against friends who have played Savini.

I don’t see how they are considered practically the same if two pretty important skills are different but I guess that is all a matter of opinion.  Anyway, I wasn’t intending to debate or compare Jason’s, I just said I’ve never escaped a Savini Jason.  ?  I have escaped the shoulder pad Jason.  Although it seems like shoulder pad Jason gets used a lot.  I suppose it could all be luck.  Or there are some statistics involved here as well.  I’ll leave that to the smart people to figure out.  

1 minute ago, daughterofolaf said:

I don’t see how they are considered practically the same if two pretty important skills are different but I guess that is all a matter of opinion.  Anyway, I wasn’t intending to debate or compare Jason’s, I just said I’ve never escaped a Savini Jason.  ?  I have escaped the shoulder pad Jason.  Although it seems like shoulder pad Jason gets used a lot.  I suppose it could all be luck.  Or there are some statistics involved here as well.  I’ll leave that to the smart people to figure out.  

All I am saying is, Savini is not OP. All Jason's play differently, but none are better than the other. Its just "how" people play them.

Like I said more than likely a Savini player has been here since day one and they're high level and experienced. Of course Savini in the hands of a level 150 is gonna do better than a part 3 with a level 10 playing him.

8 minutes ago, Duckodb said:

Like I said more than likely a Savini player has been here since day one and they're high level and experienced. Of course Savini in the hands of a level 150 is gonna do better than a part 3 with a level 10 playing him.

Not necessary. I would say I have had quite a lot of experience as Savini and sometimes I have a poor game. Whereas sometimes the whole lobby gets destroyed by a level 13 part 7. More to it than Jason and Level.

I wouldn't say he is OP because in the end it depends on the player and how they use that Jason.  I will say he has the best skill set out of all the Jason's though despite all the balance changes.  

You won't believe how many Savini Jasons I have ran into that are level 50 and below. It's like, I should he scared of you...but at the same time I'm not lol.

I only play him because he looks badass~!
& honestly, hes the ONLY Jason I play, even offline too!
Dont play too often anymore tho (randoms get boring Fast!)
Last time I played online was before the recent patch (when everyone was saying Jason is now a joke)
Had no problems getting 8/8 as usual.
Only played one game tho, as I said, randoms are quite boring.

57 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

+Shift

+Destruction

5 traps. 

'NUFF SAID.

Part 4 Jason has + Weapon strength, Can Run, and has + Destruction. In my opinion he's the most OP. The only difference is YOU don't have access to Savini because you didn't back the game. If you had access to Savini Jason but not Part 4 Jason you'd complain that Part 4 Jason is OP.

18 minutes ago, Graverob said:

Part 4 Jason has + Weapon strength, Can Run, and has + Destruction. In my opinion he's the most OP. The only difference is YOU don't have access to Savini because you didn't back the game. If you had access to Savini Jason but not Part 4 Jason you'd complain that Part 4 Jason is OP.

Uh Savini has all the strengths of part 4 except he has shift. Not being able to run isn't a major issue when your shift comes back in about 10 seconds. Savini is the best Jason hands down. Anyone who disagrees is obviously kidding themselves. His weaknesses are laughable, his strengths are amazing, and his median abilities are all still good(morph, 5 Traps, Sense).

21 minutes ago, Graverob said:

Thanks for knowing so much about me. I have Savini. ? Savini is my preferred. And the difference between the two is the shift. Running helps, not as much as his awesome shift. I love Savini Jason. Sorry my joke didn't come across to you. Part 4 doesn't catch up to cars well. Savini gets good jump scares when you hit Stalk then shift a great distance. 

He definitely has the weakest kills for how badass he looks IMO, and is in dire need of a DLC kill pack. Though it likely won't happen due to limited access to him.