Graverob

Why do so many people say that Savini is OP?

I have Savini Jason, and have played him a lot since he has been available. I always hear people say that he is "OP" My question is, why? There's no real difference between him and Part 8 Jason in terms of strengths. In my opinion the easiest Jason to play as is Part 3 Jason. It's at the point now where I don't really use Savini as much anymore because people complain about him. Am I missing something?

1 minute ago, Graverob said:

I have Savini Jason, and have played him a lot since he has been available. I always hear people say that he is "OP" My question is, why? There's no real difference between him and Part 8 Jason in terms of strengths. In my opinion the easiest Jason to play as is Part 3 Jason. It's at the point now where I don't really use Savini as much anymore because people complain about him. Am I missing something?

Because they’re jealous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Because they’re jealous. He’s one of the weakest Jasons. He just looks cool. 

Explain to me how his kit is weak compared to any other Jason.

Just now, Jawbone said:

Explain to me how his kit is weak compared to any other Jason.

His grab is shit. He’s slow. His water speed is shit. And he’s easily stunned. Only think he has going for him is destruction. 

Posted (edited)

Because he is. Just switch his weapon to something decent and he's a god of destruction.

@Charlie Chainsaw Part 8 also has a bad grab and everyone uses him. The same can be said to Part 2 and his Water Speed.

Edited by NoOneK9503

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

His grab is shit. He’s slow. His water speed is shit. And he’s easily stunned. Only think he has going for him is destruction. 

Grab range is universal.

Can't run speed is universal.

Water speed is irrelevant if the boat doesn't spawn and if it does you can just morph to the only exit and wait.

He is no more easily stunned than any other Jason.

He has weapon strength which many consider to be the strongest perk after the camp changes.

He has + shift which many consider a top tier trait.

As you said he has destruction which many also consider top tier.

The only complaints you had about him didn't exist or were extremely trivial.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Because they’re jealous. He’s one of the weakest Jasons. He just looks cool. 

'Weakest Jason'

He has +Shift, +Destruction, +weapon strength, 5 traps and +Weapon range (matching part 6's superior range)

what weaknessess could POSSIBLY balance all that out? 

He can't run? Neither can most Jasons.

He's slow in water? Half the maps can't even spawn a boat.

-Grip strength? Good thing insta-kill is a thing!

He has ALL the good strengths and none of the crippling weaknessess, everything else is on par with most other Jasons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He does have an excellent skill set, however, he suffers the same issue part six does:  extremely lackluster hit detection.  Worse than other Jason's.  In regular swing, if you are anywhere near an object, you are going to get stuck.  You may or may not hit the counselor, but you will get your weapon stuck.  It's a nuisance.  In combat stance, the hit detection is literally right at Jason's hand.  The end of the trident will clearly clip through the door, but will do no damage to the door unless you are right up against it.  If those ever get fixed along with a grab increase (not stretch Armstrong) he probably will be one of the tougher ones.  

His destruction and shift make him very strong, both aggressive early and late. Like stated above, his hit detection is ass, making his weapon strength pretty useless. Strong stats, and his worst are hardly noticeable.

Although he has really great strengths and his weaknesses have no real affect, he is definitely not OP.  It's really difficult to slash with him since his weapon gets stuck often and his swing is slow where you can't effectively combat with counselors.  With the adjustment to Jason's grab range, catching people is a bit more difficult to pull off.  Add in that most counselors seem to end up with at least 1 pocket knife per match, yea.....it's tedious af being him sometimes

Yeah the current state the game is in right now favors part 2, 3, and 4. You gotta slash. Part 2 in my opinion is easily becoming OP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

All Jasons grabs are shit. All undead jasons are slow. All Jasons are pinatas.

A strength in destruction, shift, and some head games with stalk is perfect for me.

• Like 2

How some people think Savini isn't OP baffles the shit out of me...

54 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Yeah the current state the game is in right now favors part 2, 3, and 4. You gotta slash. Part 2 in my opinion is easily becoming OP.

Part 2? Do explain. 

i wish that Tom savini would create a Bloody stronger sackhead jason that doesent stun easily and is impossiable to kill.a super powerhouse jason that is limited edition. when are we scheduled for another savini skin on the map.

1 hour ago, ChadFace said:

Part 2? Do explain. 

With all the health sprays, you need as many traps as you can get, Jason Part 2 comes with 7.

People really don't realize this but when a counselor runs out of stamina, a Jason that runs such as part 2, 3, and 4 is actually a little bit faster than the counselor, especially since everyone wants to fight Jason.

The current state of the game essentially nerfs basically all of the Jason's, especially Savini Jason because he is slow, and his hit detection is trash compared to the others.

1 hour ago, ChadFace said:

Part 2? Do explain. 

Part 2 has 7 traps and can run. In the state the game is in now where many of the players are very good and know what they are doing having 7 traps to counter 7 pocket knives is a big advantage. It forces players to use their knives on the traps if you put them in the right places. As to Savini being OP, I say again, he's no better than using part 8 Jason. They have a lot of the same strengths. Anyone who complains about Savini being OP is only mad because they don't have access to him. If he was available to everyone then nobody would complain about him being OP.

51 minutes ago, Graverob said:

Part 2 has 7 traps and can run. In the state the game is in now where many of the players are very good and know what they are doing having 7 traps to counter 7 pocket knives is a big advantage. It forces players to use their knives on the traps if you put them in the right places. As to Savini being OP, I say again, he's no better than using part 8 Jason. They have a lot of the same strengths. Anyone who complains about Savini being OP is only mad because they don't have access to him. If he was available to everyone then nobody would complain about him being OP.

Right, cause if he was available to everyone, you'd be seeing all kinds of posts like, "Savini Jason Sucks" or "Why'd they make the coolest looking Jason the worst".

3 hours ago, Graverob said:

[...]As to Savini being OP, I say again, he's no better than using part 8 Jason. They have a lot of the same strengths. Anyone who complains about Savini being OP is only mad because they don't have access to him. If he was available to everyone then nobody would complain about him being OP.

As a mere mortal who prefers walkers to runners from a stylistic pov I consider Part VIII my favourite Jason. Destruction is my favourite Jason skill. And from what I gathered, Part VIII was deemed "OP-Jason" by many for quite some time. So a slightly improved Part VIII like Savini can easily be considered "OP". (I'd say there is no OP Jason right now since Jason in general needs a little tweaking.)

Part II could have 23 traps and get Chad speed, I will never ever like him. And if they'd waste a Savini design on him, I'd be a sad panda.

6 hours ago, Gummybish said:

no you don´t have to slash. only if you are not willing to play longer games and can´t live with the fact that you can´t get a full swipe every game. than you need to slash. otherwise grabbing is still fine.

Part2 is either OP or not. He surely didn´t become it. Slashing did not get changed.

also another Savini topic? really? can we finally move on?

People just seem to get on very well with Savini although that might just be down to experience. I just hate the music that plays when he chases you. I would say Mr Potato Sack 2 is very OP at the minute, he can run fast and has great spamming range slashing with the pick axe. Well any running Jason's I think are strong at the minute.

Most people that complain about Savini Jason are the ones that missed out on getting him. I didn't get him, but it was a conscious decision on my part. I'll admit it, I didn't have enough faith to put money out there in 2016. I personally think he is a very powerful Jason, but I don't believe that is is OP at all. It really seems as though Savini and Part 6 Jasons suffered the most from the melee nerf that was implemented. They both had a pretty good reach advantage before the patch, but now they are more likely to get weapons stuck in a wall or door, or hit a tree, car etc... than actually connect with a counselor.

He is cool as hell to watch! I actually like it when Savini pops up in a match.

He's not OP by any means.  He's very well-balanced.  All except for his pitchfork which is a total b!tch to wield effectively.

Now with the 47 pocketknives available, he's a punching bag as any other Jason.

7 hours ago, Graverob said:

Pretty much nobody uses pocket knifes on traps. With how traps are now, having 7 really isn't all that advantageous. Part 2 has - Shift and - Water Speed so if the car or boat gets started good luck catching them. He's not even close to OP, he's fucking bad. 

Savini is no better than Part 8? What the fuck are you smoking? Savini has + Shift which makes a huge difference!