I prefer to play in games with adults rather than prepubescent children. No offence if that's you. You may be great at this game, and maybe you aren't the loud, yapping, insulting, annoying type I am directing this at, but those types have made me post this. So if anyone wants to play with adults only, whether you talk on mic or not, (I talk in game when necessary, but I'm not a big talker otherwise) feel free to add me and let's play. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, pepperNcrash said:

I prefer to play in games with adults rather than prepubescent children. No offence if that's you. You may be great at this game, and maybe you aren't the loud, yapping, insulting, annoying type I am directing this at, but those types have made me post this. So if anyone wants to play with adults only, whether you talk on mic or not, (I talk in game when necessary, but I'm not a big talker otherwise) feel free to add me and let's play. 

What platform, username?

I do that sometimes too if it's really bad, but shouldn't be that way. Communicating in this is a big part of the game. Now when I see a walkie in the drawer I take it, but it feels useless when nobody in the game is talking. 

Man I completely agree. As a matter of fact, I was in a game the other night playing as jason, and the last one left was Tommy, being controlled by a kid. This kid was a troll, and so annoying. He would dodge my throwing knives, my slashes, and my grabs. To top it all off, he juked me, and stunned me repeatedly. At one point, after I stood back up from being stunned, I didn't see which way he went, so I started going the direction I thought he went, only to realise he went the other way and was just standing there waiting for me, and then he says "you went the wrong way", so I chase him again, and this time I wasn't fast walking, so he goes "you have to walk faster than that" in a very obnoxious patronizing tone. I literally came THIS close to quitting, and I never quit, but I knew there was no way I'm letting this little troll beat me like that, I was freaking Jason! So after some more shenanigans, there was 2 minutes left, and I FINALLY killed him, but only because i had to out troll him. I picked up on his timing to hit me, after I missed him with my grab, and had to turn away really quickly then back towards him to grab him. I've had some horrible games, but that one takes the cake. I wish you could get into more games with mature adults that actually play correctly, those are always the best games. Needless to say, I will proudly send you a friend request. :)

12 hours ago, pepperNcrash said:

Sorry, I'm on PS4 as pepperNcrash .

I'll try to remember to send you a friend request tonight after I get out of work.  I mainly play in private lobbies against really good players.

My PS4 name is the same as my forum name, Vaderspupil. :)

Private matches - You win, play with the people you want.

Public is for anyone. I am always amazed when some 40ish person gets such attitude when someone  young person shows up.  I'm also an old man, I find so many adults to be so worse then a kid. Maybe the kids chat more, but  way more adults are rude to others in game then kids, and at least the kids has an excuse of being a kid while saying something dumb, and all the adults are just sad and pathetic for it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

Private matches - You win, play with the people you want.

Public is for anyone. I am always amazed when some 40ish person gets such attitude when someone  young person shows up.  I'm also an old man, I find so many adults to be so worse then a kid. Maybe the kids chat more, but  way more adults are rude to others in game then kids, and at least the kids has an excuse of being a kid while saying something dumb, and all the adults are just sad and pathetic for it. 

Its more of an ethical thing for me as this is an adult game(and prob cuz I'm a parent). Kinda like how I like to throw back some beers on the front porch. If a young kid came over and tried popping one open with me id prob tell him to get off my lawn. Just my opinion...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

Telling kids to get off my lawn is literally the only reason I would buy a house.

?

• Haha 1

How does the PS4 community find people for private games? I'm on Xbox and we have a looking for group feature and I recently purchased a PS4 and I'm curious if the PS4 has a similar feature. 

4 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Its more of an ethical thing for me as this is an adult game(and prob cuz I'm a parent). Kinda like how I like to throw back some beers on the front porch. If a young kid came over and tried popping one open with me id prob tell him to get off my lawn. Just my opinion...

This is how I feel as well. I watched these movies at a young age, but watching a movie is passive immersion, whereas in this game you are taking on an active role as a freaking psycho.

It also oogs me out hearing an 8 year old talk about Tiffany’s boobs and butt. ?

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 12:16 PM, Brogan322 said:

How does the PS4 community find people for private games? I'm on Xbox and we have a looking for group feature and I recently purchased a PS4 and I'm curious if the PS4 has a similar feature. 

Apparently they're called communities on ps4 

On 24/03/2018 at 5:16 AM, Brogan322 said:

PS4 has communities but they are poorly integrated. The amount of players in a game is never up to date so you must click each one to see how many players there really are. Even if there is an open spot, by the time you join another player may have filled it, at which point you receive the full lobby notification and are exited out of the communities application. So then you need to restart, rinse and repeat. It's a really shit system.

If the lobby numbers were always up to date, and the communities app left open after attempting to join in-game, it would be much less frustrating.

9 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

PS4 has communities but they are poorly integrated. The amount of players in a game is never up to date so you must click each one to see how many players there really are. Even if there is an open spot, by the time you join another player may have filled it, at which point you receive the full lobby notification and are exited out of the communities application. So then you need to restart, rinse and repeat. It's a really shit system.

If the lobby numbers were always up to date, and the communities app left open after attempting to join in-game, it would be much less frustrating.

This happens a lot on Xbox when you try to join off someone's profile.

23 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Yeah, the PS4 communities use to work for me awhile earlier in the months, but trying to join is a headache now. I had to turn it around back to QP unfortunately. I know it's not everyone's favorite place, but it's about the only quickest way for me to join a game.

If you're lucky enough to hop into a community session, it can be fun and refreshing though. Most of the hosts and players will stick around in a full lobby a bit longer than usual. You can even hear around 2-3 players with mics(non children).

Kids do not bother me that much to be fair. Yes they may be squeaky and annoying over the mic at times,but the majority of the time they actually play the game properly and try to get objectives done.

From my experience, the toxic players are mostly adults. The ones who do nothing are usually adults, the ones that run you over with the car are usually adults. Kids are annoying but from what i have seen they do not ruin the game

On 3/25/2018 at 4:18 AM, nazzac said:

Kids do not bother me that much to be fair. Yes they may be squeaky and annoying over the mic at times,but the majority of the time they actually play the game properly and try to get objectives done.

One kid on his own usually isn't too bad. It's when you get stuck in a lobby with several of them that sucks. They just build off each other and the squeaks get exponentially worse...

One kid in a lobby will generally just be quiet from what I've seen.

• Like 2

Do any parents here let their children play this game? I'm not talking teenagers either, 12 or under. I don't get why they think it's alright for children that young to play a type of game like this online and being able to communicate with adult strangers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brogan322 said:

Do any parents here let their children play this game? I'm not talking teenagers either, 12 or under. I don't get why they think it's alright for children that young to play a type of game like this online and being able to communicate with adult strangers. 

My nephew is 9 and I would never let him play this game at that age. He's stuck with minecraft until I decide he's old enough to try some of my games.

I got caught in a lobby that had a kid saying he was 4. And I believed it. He sounded like he should've been watching sesame street...

22 minutes ago, Truth said:

My nephew is 9 and I would never let him play this game at that age. He's stuck with minecraft until I decide he's old enough to try some of my games.

I got caught in a lobby that had a kid saying he was 4. And I believed it. He sounded like he should've been watching sesame street...

I used to feel this way, but then I remembered I was 5 or 6 when I first saw Halloween. 

I don't think parents letting their kids play this is the real problem. I think letting them play online, with a microphone, unsupervised is the real problem. 

I'm pretty sure my mom's would have let me play this game, but there is no way I could have had an open communication line to a group of adults while I was alone in my room.