CrazyLawyer

No point in playing as Jason

Oh, I've been trying to slash. Hit detection (for Jason and Jason only) is shit. When you also factor in that the Justice League now has access to 7+ health spays (which the medic perk can turn into 14+, which can then also be duplicated), slashing is hardly the solution to fighting the Dance Dance Revolution.

38 minutes ago, Rev_Bartholomew said:

Yeah, so this is a pointless topic if you think about it, just next time, before you make a new topic.. Just use the search bar.:)

It's getting a decent number of replies for a "pointless topic", so I guess others disagree with you. Sorry to speak out against your Dance Dance Revolution and all, but I'm tired of watching the Wonder Woman Twerk.

Just now, CrazyLawyer said:

It's getting a decent number of replies for a "pointless topic", so I guess others disagree with you. Sorry to speak out against your Dance Dance Revolution and all, but I'm tired of watching the Wonder Woman Twerk.

I'm not defending the change's that ilffonic have made to Jason, I completely disagree with there so called "fixes" they made to Jason and there "Minor" Changes to counselor's. But to stop the blade of wratherion(Pocket knife) from being stabbed in you're neck everytime you touch a counselor and to stop the twerking tournaments that happen in game.

You just gotta slash... Slash until you're fingers bleed, and I can guarantee 90% of the time you will get 8/8(Unless it's a team of good counselor's, then good luck to ya).

2 minutes ago, Rev_Bartholomew said:

I'm not defending the change's that ilffonic have made to Jason, I completely disagree with there so called "fixes" they made to Jason and there "Minor" Changes to counselor's. But to stop the blade of wratherion(Pocket knife) from being stabbed in you're neck everytime you touch a counselor and to stop the twerking tournaments that happen in game.

You just gotta slash... Slash until you're fingers bleed, and I can guarantee 90% of the time you will get 8/8(Unless it's a team of good counselor's, then good luck to ya).

Let's start over again:

Hi. I really appreciate the game pointers. I started slashing through everything when the nerf rolled in. Here's the problem: a coordinated group chain attacks Jason with support medics. Jason's poor hit detection also reduces the viability of this strategy. I started playing in late September. Back then survival of any counselor was fairly rare. While a few brave souls took to fighting Jason (mainly with Buggzy or Adam), most would avoid combat because coming into swing range meant coming into Jason's swing and grab range. Now, the Justice League members universally fight Jason. Jenny Myers should not be knocking Jason out with a fire poker, but it is commonplace these days. The nerf is a BIG problem in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, CrazyLawyer said:

Oh, I've been trying to slash. Hit detection (for Jason and Jason only) is shit. When you also factor in that the Justice League now has access to 7+ health spays (which the medic perk can turn into 14+, which can then also be duplicated), slashing is hardly the solution to fighting the Dance Dance Revolution.

Well if slashing doesn't work, just set you're preference as counselor for multiplayer and play offline mode for Jason.

Thats all I can really say to you, if you're not happy with the game then refund it or just don't play it.

I haven't played Multiplayer since the recent patch(Well except for a couple of matches where I tried out Shelly). But apart from that, it's all been offline bot's for me and even though the bot's or easy. There still better than the toxic cesspool that is QP, Even private match with my friends ain't as fun as it used to be.

they really fucked up Jason, that I do agree with jason isn't nearly as powerful as he used to be. But Jasons not as bad as people are making him out to be, sure it's blatantly obvious that the counselor's are too overpowered and Jason's too underpowered. But he's not unplayable, I still manage to get 8/8. Sure.. It's hard, but its Defenently not impossible.

Honest Trailer:

Friday the 13th - The Game.  The story of 8 popular teenagers who plot and kill a mentally disabled person.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I long for the days when it was a big chance to go out of a cabin and go to the next knowing you could get jacked up fast by a good Jason or when standing by the damn bushes by the exit when the cops were called and knowing your Chance of making it even then we're slim. This game is garbage now period.

7 minutes ago, Rev_Bartholomew said:

Well if slashing doesn't work, just set you're preference as counselor for multiplayer and play offline mode for Jason.

Thats all I can really say to you, if you're not happy with the game then refund it or just don't play it.

I haven't played Multiplayer since the recent patch(Well except for a couple of matches where I tried out Shelly). But apart from that, it's all been offline bot's for me and even though the bot's or easy. There still better than the toxic cesspool that is QP, Even private match with my friends ain't as fun as it used to be.

I play on Steam and have well over 300 hours in the game. I can't refund it. I'm not the only person that has a problem with the nerf. You'll note I'm not the only one with complaints about it. I'd rather be called - all day long than have to deal with a killer who can't kill. Perhaps part of the reason you don't see the nerf as an issue is because, by your own admission, you don't play as Jason online anymore. Why is that, by the way? 

My personal opinion is this topic simply isn't true. It's exponentially more of a challenge. You almost have to accept a couple people will escape. I have played some matches with some of the best players I know and still got a wipe or two. I do prefer to play as a counselor when I play with my friends, but in Quick Play I still love donning the mask.

I think the balance has been way off since October's patch. Clearly in favor of counselors. The last patch only increased that favor with the campground armory. 

My biggest gripes are the grab range, hit detection, and too many pocket knives. Watching the kills is the best part of the game, yet a smart Jason player is now a slasher. Obviously that gets old. That's why the balance issues aren't just creating a game where it isn't fun to play as Jason, but a more boring game in general.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CrazyLawyer said:

I play on Steam and have well over 300 hours in the game. I can't refund it. I'm not the only person that has a problem with the nerf. You'll note I'm not the only one with complaints about it. I'd rather be called - all day long than have to deal with a killer who can't kill. Perhaps part of the reason you don't see the nerf as an issue is because, by your own admission, you don't play as Jason online anymore. Why is that, by the way? 

I  just don't enjoy playing online... I never did. The players,Server issues, Lag, and the constant "Connection to host lost" Message wasn't appealing to me.

The only time I play multiplayer is if I can be arsed to play as a counselor, other than that it's all offline.

Why waste time playing online as Jason with the Lag and the server issues, when there's a lag-free mode just waiting to be played.

I did see the problem with the nerfs, when the recent patch first dropped, I was chosen to be Jason(P3) on packanack small. And I wanted to see how many times during the match I would get stabbed by a pocket knife. I got stabbed 6 time's that match( Five from the Counselor's and one from tommy) it was ridiculous, I couldn't believe it.

After that match, I was selected to be Jason again on Higgins Haven, this time I decide to only slash the counselor's. It only took me 12 minutes to clear the entire lobby.

From then on I've only slashed and 90% of the time its 8/8 kills.

So yeah RIP Quick play(2017-2018). You won't be missed.

I hate playing as Jason now.  I was never super great in the first place but since the changes I am lucky if I get two or three—and being totally honest, usually one of those is someone who is away from their game and not actually playing.  

That being said, I still have many friends who kill every flipping counselor in every match they play and one of them is a player who always sets his counselor and Jason to “random.”  So I think things are extremely tough now for people who are average to below average Jason’s but it doesn’t seem to be that big a deal for everyone.  For me it is though.  XD

The patch has really affected the newer player's the most, as if they didn't have trouble fighting off counselors. Now they have to deal with the of the sacred pocket knives and the increased amount of L'Oreal Elnett Hairsprays around the map.

How do you expect the newer players to have fun when their constantly being embarrassed because they aren't experienced enough to deal with this.

Higher level Jason's(Like myself) have little to no problem with the increase of the Sacred pocket knives and L'Oreal Elnett Hairsprays. Because I'll just slash you to death, even if you don't have a pocket knife I'm not taking the chance.

Elnett-Satin-product-group.jpg

th?id=OIP.5uzaq07dqeo3GB8lKZJpcgEsDh&pid

You are 100% right that it is still possible to go 8/8. I do as well sometimes. Having to slash through everyone all the time isnt fun... games are fun right? Jason should be op... its friday the 13th bitches, your in jasons house. That is the point people are trying to make. You shouldnt have to slash in fear of 8 pocket knives. You shouldn't have to morph around map staying away from a mob of counsellors haha. That shit is just wrong. So ya, slashing and going 8/8 works but jason shouldnt have to resort to it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

I have resorted to slashing and have been fairly lucky, for lack of a better word, on most matches.  Like you said earlier though, against a good group of counselors who know how to take advantage of Jason's new weaknesses, you'll maybe get 2 to 4 kills at most in a match.  A lot of times for me, Jason's slash will go right through a counselor, I either have to be on the counselor's side or in front of them to connect.  I've had instances where I slash, hit the counselor, and then I can't slash again for a good 5-10 seconds after pressing the attack button four or five times.  It's like there's a timer before it can be used again sometimes like the knives.  Oh, and if a counselor ducks down, I can't hit them at all unless I have a chance to get myself into combat stance and hope to connect that way.  I have faith that they will balance things out as they continue to work on the game, so I'm not too worried.  Adjusting my Jason play style to best compensate for the offset in favor of counselors has made me an even better killing machine than ever before :)

Got my first game of killing all counselors and Tommy today. Like others have said, don't even bother grabbing them if you even suspect they may have a knife. Just whack away at them. That pisses them off more than anything. They get cocky with those pocket knives, then freak out when they realize (too late) that you're not gonna grab them. If you see them get in a car and just sit there...it's because they have a knife. Smash that car and dare them to come out.
But, sometimes, you just have to take the knife and move on, at least that's one that's used up.

Slashing, while it can work about 20% of the time, doesnt fix the issue, Jason kills is spectacular ways, we have all the kills every Jason can use, all the environmental kills, 3 exclusive kills for each Jason, plus the dlc kills an any future kill packs, all of which is useless when you get PK'd, or hit by anything an Jason acts like Tyson hit him with brass knucks. Jason shouldnt be afraid of grabbing, counselors should be afraid of being grabbed.

The hit detection when slashing as Jason is a joke. I've been testing it out online and with the bots and 90% of the time hits don't register. You can even see the weapon pass through a councelor and do absolutely fuck all.

This isn't entirely correct, I find the biggest issue in the game is spawning as Jason and killing like 3 counselors back to back (I main Part 4), and then I have my 4th victim in my sights and I'm clearly about to kill them... then they quit and the game is ended because this jackass was the host and didn't want to die.

Another game I just played the other day, I had killed 3 again already, was chasing a bunny Deborah and Tommy,  I heard the car start.  I immediately morphed to the car and smashed it and killed the driver (which was a Buggzy), I still had a trap and set it by the car's driver side door.  Went back after the Deborah, then suddenly the car was started again (with no sound of my trap being sprung), I morphed again and then was forced to watch 2 idiots drive the car in reverse through the exit (another issue that shouldn't be a thing, since you have no way of stopping the car in reverse). I returned to the area where my trap was and it was snapped, it wasn't until I found Tommy later by Deborah that I realized what happened... cause I grabbed Tommy expecting him to stab me in the neck and I would have gotten rid of his defense. I wasn't expecting an execution to be on the screen and then by the time I figured out that he already used the pocket knife to help the 2 in the car to escape, he was able to kick me off. I still ended up killing him though then I checked to see who was left, which only Deborah was left... but I also noticed that the 2 idiots that escaped in the car had quit the match. Bunny Deborah thought she was going to troll me by climbing in and out of the same cabin and dance to taunt me to survive the final 2 minutes of the match, lets just say I had great pleasure in slashing that bitch's neck after I made her use up her 2 pocket knives.  

So, in retrospect Dedicated Servers needs to be added to prevent the host quitting and kicking everyone, yes Jason's grab and slash needs to be fixed along with the force field around the windows, and the car shouldn't be able to drive in reverse through the exit (only forward, if they aren't going to allow Jason to stop the car from behind). However how stupid was it for the 2 idiots who escaped to quit the match, it defeated the whole purpose of them even escaping, since they gave up the XP they would have gotten for that match!

2 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

(another issue that shouldn't be a thing, since you have no way of stopping the car in reverse)

Standing behind a reversing car or shifting behind it instantly stops it.

56 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Standing behind a reversing car or shifting behind it instantly stops it.

I've never seen this in all the time I've been playing the game (well over 600 matches), I morph behind it and the car just pushes past me.

1 hour ago, wildthing73 said:

I've never seen this in all the time I've been playing the game (well over 600 matches), I morph behind it and the car just pushes past me.

Well for one thing morphing isn't shifting so those 600 matches are probably irrelevant.

12 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

The Jason nerfs have made him all but unplayable and the counselor buffs have made them more powerful in combat than Jason can ever hope to be. A Jason player is lucky to get 2 kills per match these days. You're confronted with enough shotgun blasts to make an NRA member consider gun control. The grab, already made worthless by the nerf, is further degraded by the pocketknife factory carried by every counselor in their inventory. While counselors seem to never, ever miss a swing with a melee weapon, Jason connects on less than 10% of his weapon swings. Jason can be hit through windows and doors. Even if you're able to damage the superhero counselors, the far too numerous health sprays are duplicated by counselors with the medic perk, then duplication of the duplicates occurs as another counselor with the medic perk stands by to receive a health spray drop. 

I'm all for a challenge in a video game, but this is ridiculous. The killer can't hit anything. Even if he does, the prey can heal themselves in seconds without fail. You're no longer hunting counselors, you're fighting the fucking Justice League.

Bro you just suck lol. I personally still love the game, playing as counselor and Jason. I play private matches with experienced players, and still get at minimal 5 to 6 if especially if the lobby is real good. But on quick matches, I usually kill everybody before I even get rage. You just work on your skills bud

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jawbone said:

Well for one thing morphing isn't shifting so those 600 matches are probably irrelevant.

How the hell do you get that morphing ahead of the car while it's going in reverse, standing right in front of it as it drives toward you, then the car just pushes past you is irrelevant??

Worst part is when you finally start getting kills on a coordinating team after 10 minutes and then you kill the host and he QUITS.

ARGH!!!!!

18 hours ago, Tattooey said:

This is an amazing example of what the game has truly turned into.

Where is this from? 1. This looks hilarious. 2. I see the guy has an ICP jersey on. 

But wait...? I can still play Jason on public matches and kill everyone! I use all of my abilities to the advantage which helps me kill 8/8. It's not hard if you are good at it.

• Like 1