Erik13E

Quick Question, Does PH.D. in Murder count with using Bots?

Hello all,

I am trying the get the PH.D/Murder, I thought it worked with offline mode?

I've gone thru all the different Jasons' I have first used me favorite and did his

weapon kills, and all the general kills, Then went thru each other specific Jason

and did their Weapon kills.

The achievement didn't unlock, Am I missing something or does this method NOT work?

Thanks, 

Erik

Yes the trophy unlocks with bots, are you just doing the weapon specific kills and grab kills? If so you still have a long way to go because you still need to do the environmental kills 

• Like 1

Yes but I have seen it messing up on Xbox where it isn't counting them properly(or maybe not at all) after the match ends and you start a new one.  It's hard to tell since their isn't an in-game list of kills done or needed to get the achievement.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Yes but I have seen it messing up on Xbox where it isn't counting them properly(or maybe not at all) after the match ends and you start a new one.  It's hard to tell since their isn't an in-game list of kills done or needed to get the achievement.  

Without a list I have no way of knowing which ones I'm missing. And before someone suggests I write out a list physically can I just say I'm bothered, but not to that extent. :)

Iv gone from 92% complete to 96% complete back to 94% complete. Iv done EVERY kill. The achievement(Xbox One) has to be glitched. 

I have the achievement on Xbox One. Got it when they fixed the patch months ago. From what I have heard offline bots are not only not counting correctly, but they are taking your progress in reverse. From what I was told by a very reliable  though.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I have the achievement on Xbox One. Got it when they fixed the patch months ago. From what I have heard offline bots are not only not counting correctly, but they are taking your progress in reverse. From what I was told by a very reliable  though.

I believe you’re right I went from 94% to 96% to 92% just by doing the cemetery fence kill on Higgins offline.

On 1/7/2018 at 4:03 PM, The7Reaper said:

Yes the trophy unlocks with bots, are you just doing the weapon specific kills and grab kills? If so you still have a long way to go because you still need to do the environmental kills 

@Reaper, Ahh OK, I was not sure if those had to be done as well. Thank you.

Yes, I have all Weapons/Grab/Water/Boat kills finished. Some of the environmental kills too. 

I still have to get the rest of the environmental kills though.

On 1/7/2018 at 4:46 PM, Elias Voorhees said:

Without a list I have no way of knowing which ones I'm missing. And before someone suggests I write out a list physically can I just say I'm bothered, but not to that extent. :)

I just used the grab kills, broke them down into groups of 4, got them finished, and my weapons kills with my go to Jason, 

Then jumped to each of the other Jason variants and did their specific weapon kills.

Cool, Thank you everyone for the information. I will just attack it little by little, until I eventually get it done. It would be great if there was some type of in game table for achievement progression.

• Like 2

I have done EVERY kill in the game, no trophy. I am on PS4 I have done the kills between online and offline bots. Every grab/weapon/Jason/ environment/boat/fence kill in the game. I have the most up to date game as of today. Can the trophy really be gotten in offline bot mode? Is there some type of way of checking what more you need to do??

On 1/7/2018 at 3:46 PM, Elias Voorhees said:

Without a list I have no way of knowing which ones I'm missing.

Good thing that's already been done for you:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/10137-kill-list-updated/?tab=comments#comment-129090

@Erik13E

On xbox it resets every match. You do 2 new kills and get credit for them, but once you start a new match it goes back to where it was. YOU CAN get it to pop if you do all remaining kills in the same match though. That's how I finally got it.

• Like 1

I remember back when @Brigadius was trying this at first, on Xbox One it was actually reversing the progress it seemed. It is supposed to count towards it. I unlocked this achievement back when they finally fixed it so I cant help out for sure unfortunately.

@Truth seems to have the best response.

Here is the way that bots work with this achievement, from personal experience.

I had four kills left. I got three of them in one offline match. My percentage for the achievement raised by 2%.

The next day, I went in to get the other kill. When I checked my achievement beforehand, I saw that it had gone back down by 2%.

So, in online play, I got three of the four kills I was missing. Then, in offline play, I got the remaining kill I needed and BOOM! The achievement popped.

What I took away from this is that the offline bots DO NOT COUNT UNLESS you only need one more kill, or get all of the remaining kills you need in one play session. If you do that, the achievement will pop before the game has a chance to yank the kills away from you.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Truth said:

Good thing that's already been done for you:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/10137-kill-list-updated/?tab=comments#comment-129090

@Erik13E

On xbox it resets every match. You do 2 new kills and get credit for them, but once you start a new match it goes back to where it was. YOU CAN get it to pop if you do all remaining kills in the same match though. That's how I finally got it.

Nice, Damn I'm guessing it was a private match with a friend? Now I see why I had a problem with it, Iwas not doing them in an entire match. Hmmm, have to find someone to work with on the PS4. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Erik13E said:

Nice, Damn I'm guessing it was a private match with a friend? Now I see why I had a problem with it, Iwas not doing them in an entire match. Hmmm, have to find someone to work with on the PS4. Thank you.

No, my post was explaining how it works offline on Xbox. @RKSDooM might have explained it better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Erik13E said:

You don’t do them in one match. It is 58 kills. Can’t get that in a match. 

24 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

You don’t do them in one match. It is 58 kills. Can’t get that in a match. 

Yes, I know, I didn't mean that, Sorry I was referring to grouping kills together, just trying to think of the ones i have done already, while typing.

I was able to get up to 98% in quick play matches. I went into offline to figure out what one I missed and had the achievement unlocked after doing a head smash against a cabin on higgens. I am on xbox and it worked the way truth said. Offline play is good at figuring out what ones you need to do because it resets your percentage after every match so you would just need to note what kills raised the percentage and then do them online.

20 minutes ago, Erik13E said:

Yes, I know, I didn't mean that, Sorry I was referring to grouping kills together, just trying to think of the ones i have done already, while typing.

Yeah, I know. I need someone to grind it out with me on private match in F13 for PS4 so I can get the ones I still need. 

Ha, yeah. I plan to start over with these, I forget where I left off, So back to the beginning... It's been a few months since I focused on them.

I finally got it to pop this weekend. I know for a fact I did all the kills several times over. This time I did them, the trophy finally popped for me. Thanks for all the feedback!!

D3F6CF38-721A-4917-A413-F15E62C7C54A.jpeg

34B5C769-C30B-4B7F-A8A2-6CE66C42C333.jpeg