Erik13E

Quick Question, Does PH.D. in Murder count with using Bots?

Can someone please tell me...do bots work for this? Ive read so.many different forums stating "no" "its glitches" or "I can view my kill progress" 

Im also on PS4.

Ive got a checklist from this site and ive done everything even managed to drown a bot..but still its not popping and i have no friends who play this..and the Reddit is just people adverting their streams

So can someone tell me..am i missing something or is it glitches? I'm on the most current patch. (He made a bot chase me to the cemetery AND made one hide in the barn closet..) Still nothing.

Done all weapon kills (except melee kill with each if that counts), ive been grinding this out so hard i should have gotten surely 666 kills...even that hasnt hit..

So am I missing something? 

I have the UPDATED check list that every post includes and still nothing..i really dont want to have to buy a digital copy and do this the hard way (play on 2 tvs and different systems).

So can someone clarify what im missing?  (Please note I rarely EVER play QM ive gotten some jason kills and the torpedo online thats it). 

I'm really upset I can't get this knocked off, love the game, but why is this just so hard to do...

Please let me know what im doing wrong or if you can help guide me to the correct way to finish this one..its one of the few hard ones I'm missing (yeah im a completionist..)

Thank you in regards fellow counslers and jasons alike!

@Patienthands

Can't speak for more recent patches, but on Xbox (where you can see the progression) it wasn't working right. You would get credit for the new kill (+2-3% progression) but only until you started another match. Then it would go back to where it was before you got the kill. Not sure if this is still what's happening, but this is what I had to deal with until I was lucky enough to get the last 3 kills I needed in the same offline match. That finally popped the achievement.

Unfortunately I can't speak for the current build, but I would assume this is still the case. Never saw anything in patch notes regarding this issue.

And kill progress should count. Never had a problem with that, just the PhD.

6 hours ago, Patienthands said:

Can someone please tell me...do bots work for this? Ive read so.many different forums stating "no" "its glitches" or "I can view my kill progress" 

Im also on PS4.

Ive got a checklist from this site and ive done everything even managed to drown a bot..but still its not popping and i have no friends who play this..and the Reddit is just people adverting their streams

So can someone tell me..am i missing something or is it glitches? I'm on the most current patch. (He made a bot chase me to the cemetery AND made one hide in the barn closet..) Still nothing.

Done all weapon kills (except melee kill with each if that counts), ive been grinding this out so hard i should have gotten surely 666 kills...even that hasnt hit..

So am I missing something? 

I have the UPDATED check list that every post includes and still nothing..i really dont want to have to buy a digital copy and do this the hard way (play on 2 tvs and different systems).

So can someone clarify what im missing?  (Please note I rarely EVER play QM ive gotten some jason kills and the torpedo online thats it). 

I'm really upset I can't get this knocked off, love the game, but why is this just so hard to do...

Please let me know what im doing wrong or if you can help guide me to the correct way to finish this one..its one of the few hard ones I'm missing (yeah im a completionist..)

Thank you in regards fellow counslers and jasons alike!

I can totally guarantee you , it doesn´t work offline. But you can use offline for the last kills you haven´t gotten yet.

Proof : I once did the barn closet kill offline. After I did everykill online except the one in the barn closet , I then went into offline-bots and did the barn closet kill again and I unlocked it. Trust me.

Also , Part IV and V kills aren´t necessary.

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I can totally guarantee you , it doesn´t work offline. But you can use offline for the last kills you haven´t gotten yet.

Proof : I once did the barn closet kill offline. After I did everykill online except the one in the barn closet , I then went into offline-bots and did the barn closet kill again and I unlocked it. Trust me.

Also , Part IV and V kills aren´t necessary.

So does the kill em all and kill counsler one work with offline bots? 

1 minute ago, Patienthands said:

So does the kill em all and kill counsler one work with offline bots? 

Yes

Just now, Truth said:

Yes

But again no way to track on ps4 right? 

And damn..about the PH.d guess ill have to buy a digital copy and do it the hard way play with myself (no pun intended).

Thank you for the speedy responses though! I was about to lose my mind last night..and as for needing to finish the kills in offline well that wont happen only have like 18 normal MM kills as everyone quits or I'm jason 1 time over the 6 hours i play. 

It 'does' work but only if you can get the last remaining ones you need.  I suggest getting all the normal kills online if you can, and save the more annoying ones on against bots (cemetary gate, higgins barn immediately jump to mind).  Thats what I did.  I think I had like 3 left and when I did them in offline it popped.  But of course if you're trying to ADD to it, it wont save.  It took a lot of trail and error to figure out.  

1 minute ago, guitar.zombie said:

It 'does' work but only if you can get the last remaining ones you need.  I suggest getting all the normal kills online if you can, and save the more annoying ones on against bots (cemetary gate, higgins barn immediately jump to mind).  Thats what I did.  I think I had like 3 left and when I did them in offline it popped.  But of course if you're trying to ADD to it, it wont save.  It took a lot of trail and error to figure out.  

I'll probably just buy a digital instance and use my second console and just kill it. At least hopefully murdering them works towards that. 

I would love to play QP but everytime I do I cant so anything except run (last night couldnt even pick weapons up or open doors was stuck inside, couldnt even break free with a pocket knife). 

Hopefully dedicated servers are in the forseable future as i really enjoy this game and hope this "lawsuit" doesnt affect anything besides what ot has already.

Again, thank you all for the responses and clarity the Reddit was no help..so thank you all again, I aprreciate it.

Now time to grind out stuff by myself 

19 minutes ago, Patienthands said:

But again no way to track on ps4 right? 

And damn..about the PH.d guess ill have to buy a digital copy and do it the hard way play with myself (no pun intended).

Thank you for the speedy responses though! I was about to lose my mind last night..and as for needing to finish the kills in offline well that wont happen only have like 18 normal MM kills as everyone quits or I'm jason 1 time over the 6 hours i play.  

Nah. For some dumb reason you can´t see it on PS4.

Why a digital copy?

No Problem , I like to help out.

But I found out you´re new here , sooooo…...

Welcome to the Forum and don´t Forget to introduce yourself! http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/

We are happy to welcome you!.......Well , atleast most of us!

I think I also found an interesting Video , I am gonna watch it first and then if it´s good I´ll send it.

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Nah. For some dumb reason you can´t see it on PS4.

Why a digital copy?

No Problem , I like to help out.

But I found out you´re new here , sooooo…...

Welcome to the Forum and don´t Forget to introduce yourself! http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/

We are happy to welcome you!.......Well , atleast most of us!

A digital copy aa i already own the physical..had to pay an extra $10 almost for shipping off Amazon because i live in alaska. So i really dont want 2 physical copies ha.

And i Will do that! 

Seems like a friendly community unlike most of the players ive come across recently (most of which really helped me out understand the game when I bought it, so a nice community player base 'slightly toxic people though'.

Love the game, havent even tried challenges yet as i want to knock my trophies down first then get to the real good stuff.

7 minutes ago, Patienthands said:

A digital copy aa i already own the physical..had to pay an extra $10 almost for shipping off Amazon because i live in alaska. So i really dont want 2 physical copies ha.

And i Will do that! 

Seems like a friendly community unlike most of the players ive come across recently (most of which really helped me out understand the game when I bought it, so a nice community player base 'slightly toxic people though'.

Love the game, havent even tried challenges yet as i want to knock my trophies down first then get to the real good stuff.

But why would you buy the game two times? 

Well , I also found a really good Video that could help you out :

And yeah , the game has a toxic community but the good ones out there are incredibly nice. (I actually found 3 other People that had Wolf in their names , we all speak the same language [German and English] and we now added us on Steam. That was so funny and they´re all nice.)

15 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

And yeah , the game has a toxic community but the good ones out there are incredibly nice. (I actually found 3 other People that had Wolf in their names , we all speak the same language [German and English] and we now added us on Steam. That was so funny and they´re all nice.)

I would buy it 2 times as I have no friends who play this (they literally only play Destiny 2..for the entire day)..so and quick play I never am jason maybe 1 out of every 30 matches ive played (ive kept track of that). And since I have no friends and QP is super laggy for me and not working or the host DC's ill just shell out and do it solo.

Also I watched that video tried it last night in bots..still wouldnt work hence taking to this, was going to try again but thankfully you all saved me the stress and agony of grinding again. 

All the folks ive meet on here dont play anymore and play DBD (not sure how to play that one still). So im kinda at a lose for playing with anyone.

15 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Took me...8 hours..bought a copy at gamestop new for $15 had my gf fuck around..got that stupid shit..now to track my total kills and get the dumb boat repairs..god I almost found 4 tapes searching everything almost have all those too..now time for the rest of these trophies..ha

I had to merge your double posts, but I hope you got the PhD.

Took me ages, had to go through the complete list twice. Think it was the gravestone kill in Higgins that finally triggered it for me...and that was because it only counted for Higgins regular, not the smaller version.

@DamonD7
Sorry new to posting, actually just got it maybe 10 minutes ago..been grinding the list with a apare system and controler...DONT TRY THIS METHOD..ITS A PAIN.. I'll reply via your comment on my welcome post to not clutter this post up.

• Like 1

Well hey, congratulations on getting it :)

5 hours ago, Patienthands said:

@DamonD7
Sorry new to posting, actually just got it maybe 10 minutes ago..been grinding the list with a apare system and controler...DONT TRY THIS METHOD..ITS A PAIN.. I'll reply via your comment on my welcome post to not clutter this post up. 

But it feels good , doesn´t it?

4 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

But it feels good , doesn´t it?

Felt so damn good seeing that pop 

*insert feels good man meme*

Unfortunately this issue is still being ignored and there seems to be no sign of resolve. Too many other things in the game to break, I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Unfortunately this issue is still being ignored and there seems to be no sign of resolve. Too many other things in the game to break, I guess.

Yeah I figured that out the hard way..just got it last night bought a copy at gamestop for 15 dollars and used my spare system..and since QP is totally weird for me lately I got my gf into it and she likes playing (shes never played a video game in her life except ms pac man at our local bar.)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Patienthands said:

Felt so damn good seeing that pop 

*insert feels good man meme*

JtmrXc1.jpg

Did it for you.

17 hours ago, Hell Toupee said:

You know , if you just want to get it in offline mode , then it seems like you just want to brag around for an awesome Trophy. And it is not gamebreaking anyways.

• Thanks 1

I just got my PhD to pop last night with the Tree Stump kill in offline bots!  I'd like to thank all those counselors who died to make this possible!

I went by the list posted elsewhere in the forum, but my experience showed me that there were only two map specific kills: the Higgins barn closet and the Higgins cemetery fence.  This also seems to be backed up by the awesome video that @The Wolf with that Toast posted above.

5 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

JtmrXc1.jpg

Did it for you.

You know , if you just want to get it in offline mode , then it seems like you just want to brag around for an awesome Trophy. And it is not gamebreaking anyways.

Wouldn't it be more brag worthy if I got it in MP? Maybe it's an achievement that I just want to get and have been at about 80% forever now. And no, it's not game breaking. Neither is half the shit they "fix" that people didn't even know were existing issues. But if you want to be like the devs and say it's not priority because it isn't game breaking, when they are just going to fix other shit that also isn't game breaking, then go right ahead.

19 hours ago, Hell Toupee said:

Wouldn't it be more brag worthy if I got it in MP? 

Yeah , it feels much better if you get it online instead of just getting it from the bots. It is there to let you feel good , not to Show off.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:44 AM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yeah , it feels much better if you get it online instead of just getting it from the bots. It is there to let you feel good , not to Show off.

Well, I would feel good getting it from bots, so I guess I'll just have to live with being a show off.

16 hours ago, Hell Toupee said:

Well, I would feel good getting it from bots, so I guess I'll just have to live with being a show off.

You do you.

• Like 1