The car is officially broken. Players have confirmed that if you exit the car at any point, you may appear to be moving on your screen but you are standing still to everyone else. For example: if Jason suddenly stops the car, you exit and run yet you are actually standing still as he attacks or grabs you.

This also occurs at any point in which you exit the car, regardless if it crashed or stopped by Jason. The player simply exits the car, runs to another spot but is actually just standing there for 5 seconds unable to move. Although it may appear they are moving on their own screen, they are not and will suddenly appear “back” at the car. Many players are blaming it on lag, but it’s not a lag issue. Pathetic. If at any point Jason is near the car and you get out, you will experience a 5 second stun. Beware. You used to be able to time stunning Jason at the right distance to get in or back out of the car if it wasn’t going to work. Now, unless it’s a sure shot, don’t even bother getting in the car. Even then, if it’s stopped you are guaranteed dead. I will not be repairing a car again until this is fixed. Again, the developers changed something about the car and didn’t disclose it in their update, thinking nobody would notice.

• Like 1

Last two times playing as Jason, I grabbed the driver out of the car and was basically just frozen holding a councilor in the air who wasn’t even there. I could move the camera, but that was all I could do. This is getting frustrating as hell. I know these guys are a small outfit and are doing the best they can and that’s fine. What frustrates me the most is that this is such an incredibly fun and addicting game when it works and those moments are becoming less and less frequent.

• Like 1

It used to be you couldn’t grab the counselor during the exit animation, either. The counselor was completely immune to grabs and damage.

Now Jason can start the pull-to-grab animation during the exit sequence. The counselor’s animation is cut off, they are warped back inside and Jason’s animation begins. I have had it happen several times. 

12 minutes ago, mikeyhorror said:

Last two times playing as Jason, I grabbed the driver out of the car and was basically just frozen holding a councilor in the air who wasn’t even there. I could move the camera, but that was all I could do. This is getting frustrating as hell. I know these guys are a small outfit and are doing the best they can and that’s fine. What frustrates me the most is that this is such an incredibly fun and addicting game when it works and those moments are becoming less and less frequent.

I noticed this as well. I thought the player left, but they were still in the game

• Like 1

Indeed.  I have reported this bug several times, and I'm sure many others have as well.  Hopefully they will either hotfix it or be VERY sure to address it in the next patch.

IMO, it warrants a hotfix.

30 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Indeed.  I have reported this bug several times, and I'm sure many others have as well.  Hopefully they will either hotfix it or be VERY sure to address it in the next patch.

IMO, it warrants a hotfix.

Hotfix incoming!... with the next content drop in 2 months time ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, this happened to me last night.  I crashed the car due to the static followed by the two minute warning sign across the screen.  I got out as Jason was going to the driver's door.  I started running and was a good 10 feet away, but was slingshot back to the driver's door while Jason was hacking away at me.  I really don't mind getting killed, but not by stupid shit like this.  The game is indeed a fuckin mess that I doubt will ever be fully fixed.   There are so many issues on both sides of the playing field.  This is the worst the game has been since launch.  It is truly pathetic and makes me wonder if and when this game will actually be corrected.   Amateur hour at its finest.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Yeah, this happened to me last night.  I crashed the car due to the static followed by the two minute warning sign across the screen.  I got out as Jason was going to the driver's door.  I started running and was a good 10 feet away, but was slingshot back to the driver's door while Jason was hacking away at me.  I really don't mind getting killed, but not by stupid shit like this.  The game is indeed a fuckin mess that I doubt will ever be fully fixed.   There are so many issues on both sides of the playing field.  This is the worst the game has been since launch.  It is truly pathetic and makes me wonder if and when this game will actually be corrected.   Amateur hour at its finest.  

Yeah we’ve been using the term “boomerang” and “slingshot” to describe it seeming like you run away and then get pulled back. This seems correct, however, you might notice that you can take damage while running indicating that you are in fact standing still while Jason hacks at you. I tested it out and that is def the case. It’s pathetic. 

• Like 1

This explains why that dude said I grabbed him from twenty feet away when I was playing earlier. Thought he was just griping because he was right in front of me on my screen. 

The car is broken? Well Jason must’ve smashed it 20 times what do you expect?

I experience this as well a few days ago. I was driving and Jason stopped the car. I got out and started running from him and i was a good 10 feet from him and then all of a sudden i am in his grip and executed. I was like what the hell just happened. First and only time i have encountered this so far but obviously many others have as well and needs to be fixed asap along with a long list of other things.

Just happened to me in the last game I played. That explains it. I thought they brought the force grab back because I definitely had time to escape. 

3 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I experience this as well a few days ago. I was driving and Jason stopped the car. I got out and started running from him and i was a good 10 feet from him and then all of a sudden i am in his grip and executed. I was like what the hell just happened. First and only time i have encountered this so far but obviously many others have as well and needs to be fixed asap along with a long list of other things.

Smh.

3 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Just happened to me in the last game I played. That explains it. I thought they brought the force grab back because I definitely had time to escape. 

Exactly. That’s why I made a thread for it so people connect the dots and have some answers for this BS. 

1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Smh.

Exactly. That’s why I made a thread for it so people connect the dots and have some answers for this BS. 

5 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Yes, I’ve read the threads. What you and those threads fail to mention is that counselors don’t get “slingshot” back to the car, they don’t move at all. That’s why I made this thread. There is no more speculation as to what’s happening, the players think they are running but are actually stunned and standing still. Since you want to act cute, you’re welcome. 

13 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Yes, I’ve read the threads. What you and those threads fail to mention is that counselors don’t get “slingshot” back to the car, they don’t move at all. That’s why I made this thread. There is no more speculation as to what’s happening, the players think they are running but are actually stunned and standing still. Since you want to act cute, you’re welcome. 

Actually I tried bring your attention to another thread about the same damn topic. But

First of all, I ain’t trying to act cute. I didn’t even say one damn thing in this thread. There is one thread on the same topic, clearly you failed to actually same something on it. Instead you made a new one, because counselors are stunned and standing still. 

Tonight I played several games but I didn’t experience the same thing again. It probably only happens sometimes rather than all of the time. Kind of like how the sweater only works half of the time. 

21 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Tonight I played several games but I didn’t experience the same thing again. It probably only happens sometimes rather than all of the time. Kind of like how the sweater only works half of the time. 

I’ve only had the sweater fail one time out of...... at least 18 times I used it and it was after this recent update. 

• Like 1