Mr. Blonde

Why Friendly Fire Should come Back & How To Do it

9 hours ago, Misterx said:

Ummm I've been playing religiously since day one & have never in all my quickplay matches ever thought team killing should be removed

So speak for yourself I guess.

Of course I will always speak for myself. What I said though was not a statement of "this is what everybody thought", it was "people nailing you with bats, machetes and shotguns weren't the rare, isolated obscurities people are now trying to make them out to be." I'm not talking unlucky saves or accidents either (never minded those), I'm talking counselors hunting other counselors down. If it was fun for you, fine, I guess. It was pretty clear it was not how it should play out and it was an easy way for trolls to make things go their way.

Devs patched it out quite early and did a good job explaining why they did it. It is still part of private matches, where it probably occurs in a very immersive way. I still like the idea of "Human shield" kills for Jason players, resourceful kills when having grabbed a player and another player goes for a shotgun save. But I won't support proactive friendly fire in this toxic community.

Why not have a feature when more than one player attacks Jason with a blunt weapon there is a % chance of stunning and knocking out one of the counsellors if the weapons hit one another? That way people won't rage about friendly fire but would make it more of a risky challenge and a benefit for Jason?

Bad idea.  Leave friendly fire out.  

Only change I would suggest is Counselors get damaged if slashed by teammates while being gripped. 

Tbh I wouldn't mind these changes. It would make ganging up on Jason a little more difficult. Yes ofc it would be frustrating to be injured by a troll but if there's a troll/teamkiller/jason helper then you're better off leaving the lobby anyways whether or not friendly fire is a thing or not.

The only thing I would perhaps disagree with is the climbing through windows one.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Raskkii said:

Tbh I wouldn't mind these changes. It would make ganging up on Jason a little more difficult. Yes ofc it would be frustrating to be injured by a troll but if there's a troll/teamkiller/jason helper then you're better off leaving the lobby anyways whether or not friendly fire is a thing or not.

The only thing I would perhaps disagree with is the climbing through windows one.

and how exactly am i gonna know in the lobby if there is teamkiller troll? it´s not like they join a lobby and go like "hi all, i am gonna kill my whole team if i can" before the game starts. leaving during match while alive is not allowed before you answer this. (not an executed rule so far but it exists)

as long as gun/illfonic can´t make sure that this doesn´t get out of hand, again, it is a bad idea. this needs monitoring and people who review reports fast. and we know that this is not possible. not with this devs.

it was a huge trollfest back when there was teamkilling, it will be again, no matter if only crippled or dead.

12 hours ago, dmack621 said:

The easiest way to take it away from the trolls is to actually reverse it. You start swinging at another counselor, you damage YOURSELF! But if you applied these same rules where it only cripples you and you can't bitch out and suicide for trying to be a troll it would pretty much eliminate trolls.

As far as the car, if you run over more than 1 person (accidents do happen) then you are automatically booted from the game and it counts as a Jason kill, AND you drop a level which auto happens upon your boot from the game.

There is no reason to ruin the game over trolls. Punish those fuckers with reckless abandon and just make it to where there literally is no more fun in trolling and instead steep penalties and it ends.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! In FPS games, it's called reflective damage! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

and how exactly am i gonna know in the lobby if there is teamkiller troll? it´s not like they join a lobby and go like "hi all, i am gonna kill my whole team if i can" before the game starts. leaving during match while alive is not allowed before you answer this. (not an executed rule so far but it exists)

as long as gun/illfonic can´t make sure that this doesn´t get out of hand, again, it is a bad idea. this needs monitoring and people who review reports fast. and we know that this is not possible. not with this devs.

it was a huge trollfest back when there was teamkilling, it will be again, no matter if only crippled or dead.

Then just let yourself be killed quickly and leave when you're dead? no problem

35 minutes ago, Raskkii said:

Then just let yourself be killed quickly and leave when you're dead? no problem

no problem? i remember very good how it was when you could kill other counselors. i had one evening where jason didn´t kill me once. yet i died every game. no thx. i don´t want that back. (crippling makes no difference here....)

If this is going to be real. We should have something like griefer level. Each -500 you gain increases your griefer level and you will be matched against other griefers. As long as you don't get -500 points , your griefer level will go down and you will play with normal people.

18 hours ago, dmack621 said:

The easiest way to take it away from the trolls is to actually reverse it. You start swinging at another counselor, you damage YOURSELF! But if you applied these same rules where it only cripples you and you can't bitch out and suicide for trying to be a troll it would pretty much eliminate trolls.

That's actually the best idea I've seen in this thread. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

That's actually the best idea I've seen in this thread. 

Until the Vanessa teaming up with Jason stands in front of him to shield him from damage, say a shotgun for instance. Or you accidentally drive a car into someone who purposely ran in front of the vehicle knowing it would murder/cripple the driver instead on contact, leaving the car stationary with Jason in pursuit while the troll runs off into his/her dark den once more.

Edit: Forgot about the part where it just cripples you, but it would still suck to see a teamer shield Jason on purpose from your shotgun which cripples you instead. What's worse is that the teamer could make it look like it was accident by just constantly sprinting near Jason while they swing the weapon harmlessly away from Jason.

Edited by Trident77

1 minute ago, Trident77 said:

Until the Vanessa teaming up with Jason stands in front of him to shield him from damage, say a shotgun for instance. Or you accidentally drive a car into someone who purposely ran in front of the vehicle knowing it would murder the driver instead on contact, leaving the car stationary with Jason in pursuit while the troll runs off into his/her dark den once more.

So don't fire off the shotgun or mash on the gas pedal if you see a Vanessa who is trolling?

I surely hope you don't panic like this with every online multiplayer game that allows you to play with randoms.

Just now, Mr. Blonde said:

So don't fire off the shotgun or mash on the gas pedal if you see a Vanessa who is trolling?

I surely hope you don't panic like this with every online multiplayer game that allows you to play with randoms.

I editted my post earlier. But my point still stands: it's still possible for a troll to abuse "reverse damage" concepts, and with how FF13th works, it's still very much possible for a teamer to abuse friendly fire even with that concept in play.

4 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

I editted my post earlier. But my point still stands: it's still possible for a troll to abuse "reverse damage" concepts, and with how FF13th works, it's still very much possible for a teamer to abuse friendly fire even with that concept in play.

First of all, you're not going to get the car started because Vanessa will be holding on to both keys. Second of all, you're not going to have any shotguns to use because the same Vanessa will pick them up and immediately fire them just to use them. So the situation you're explaining will not even even happen if you're playing with a troll that knows what they're doing.

So really, what are you getting so up in arms about?

Just now, Mr. Blonde said:

First of all, you're not going to get the car started because Vanessa will be holding on to both keys. Second of all, you're not going to have any shotguns to use because the same Vanessa will pick them up and immediately fire them just to use them. So the situation you're explaining will not even even happen if you're playing with a troll that knows what they're doing.

So really, what are you getting so defensive about?

We have a system that currently works. There's no reason for the crew to waste time when there's a very simple fix for people who want friendly fire: play private matches. Make friends who think the way you do, then there's no problem.

Friendly fire doesn't fix the problem, it just changes the circumstances. It's been mentioned several times throughout the course of history of this website that friendly fire can always be abused by trolls, no matter how it's implemented. And quite frankly, this community is toxic enough; I still remember the olden days when high level counselors would steal shotguns to shoot anyone who tried to flee using the police.

8 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

We have a system that currently works. There's no reason for the crew to waste time when there's a very simple fix for people who want friendly fire: play private matches. Make friends who think the way you do, then there's no problem.

Friendly fire doesn't fix the problem, it just changes the circumstances. It's been mentioned several times throughout the course of history of this website that friendly fire can always be abused by trolls, no matter how it's implemented. And quite frankly, this community is toxic enough; I still remember the olden days when high level counselors would steal shotguns to shoot anyone who tried to flee using the police.

The system actually doesn't work and trolls are still able to ruin games. Removing Friendly Fire didn't do much of anything besides ruin the depth and balance that helped make one Jason going up against seven counselors much more manageable when both sides actually knew how to play the game.