cruehitman

PS4- 3rd most downloaded game of 2017!

Just saw an article which listed the most downloaded games of the whole year for 2017 on PS4. Of course, we knew Destiny 2, COD, Madden, etc would make the list as always. But right near the top at number 3, sits our F13! Lots of success on PS4 this year! Just hope things can get back on track so we can bring players back and continue to bring in “new blood!” :)

Congrats team!

• Like 5

That is awesome.  I'm a PC player myself, but I always like to see the games I like doing well.  Means great things for the future.  Congrats Gun and Illfonic!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruehitman said:

Just saw an article which listed the most downloaded games of the whole year for 2017 on PS4. Of course, we knew Destiny 2, COD, Madden, etc would make the list as always. But right near the top at number 3, sits our F13! Lots of success on PS4 this year! Just hope things can get back on track so we can bring players back and continue to bring in “new blood!” :)

Congrats team!

That is so cool! Congratulations Illfonic and Gun Media!! It warms my murderous heart to hear that.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/05/playstation-store-the-top-downloads-of-2017/

:j2::JasonPt3::JasonPt4::JasonPt6::JasonPt7::JasonPt8::JasonPt9:

Cool. Pretty decent playerbase on PS4 too with most people being friendly and just wanting to play and have a good time. :)

Hot damn. I'm sharing this with a developer I'm working with. There's hope for horror yet!!!

I would congratulate them, but I cannot.  It's cool that Friday has the pulling power it does, but let's be honest... This game is mess.  A horrendous mess that should be farther along than it is at this point.  Both sides of the playing field are filled with major issues.  If this were summer camp, this game would have shriveled and faded away already.  Good thing they got the rights to the franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I know that there will be A TON of negative comments regarding the current state of the game that will only serve as a dead-end pissing match and bitch fest battle royal of pessimistic misery BUT I feel this is fantastic and is great news for the genre and this game.

I hope it helps to contribute in making this the ultimate Friday the 13th video game experience in due time.

Congrats Gun Media, Illfonic & all involved in the development and perpetual updating of this game! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Elias Voorhees said:

Cool. Pretty decent playerbase on PS4 too with most people being friendly and just wanting to play and have a good time. :)

PS4 community for this game may be bigger then PC and Xbox. But it has the worst community of the 3 platforms. The amount if trolling is probably 3 times the amount you see from Xbox and PC.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Loading said:

PS4 community for this game may be bigger then PC and Xbox. But it has the worst community of the 3 platforms. The amount if trolling is probably 3 times the amount you see from Xbox and PC.

Not in my experience friend. :)

I could imagine it is because this game is a movie title based game.. Many have heard of the Friday the 13th franchise. I've mentioned this game to many co workers and friends that enjoy a totally different genre spectrum of games than I do and they're all aware of Friday the 13th "having a game".

The game has heart and soul put into it. It's such a good reflection of the movies. Getting Harry Manfredini, Kane Hodder, Thoim Matthews and  Tom Savini on board made this thing great. Using the actual camp sites from the movies and the shack us right on point. I was so impressed. If a big company did this game there is no way it would of been as good. NO WAY,  Setting it in the 80's is perfect. I was totally impressed with it when it first came out and still am. I was a backer. For the fans, by the fans. I've never played a game more than this one. 

• Like 1

A game can sell very well but, is every person who purchased it still playing the game?

No. Players have moved on to other games.

Customers will play your game for 3 months, 6 months or 1 year at the most depending on how good the multiplayer is.

For campaign modes for most games I complete 1 or 2 times and never touch it again. Multiplayer keeps me coming back.

I do enjoy playing Friday The 13th. When I get selected as Jason I always say ''Fuck, I won the shit end of the stick this round'' 😄

With more patches and a few balance changes back in favor of Jason this can be a really fun game again.

Congratulations, your the game sold well. So did PUBG which is an unfinished game. Friday The 13th feels like it belongs in the Game Preview section on Xbox One.

On 1/5/2018 at 3:10 PM, Maddogg_8121 said:

I would congratulate them, but I cannot.  It's cool that Friday has the pulling power it does, but let's be honest... This game is mess.  A horrendous mess that should be farther along than it is at this point.  Both sides of the playing field are filled with major issues.  If this were summer camp, this game would have shriveled and faded away already.  Good thing they got the rights to the franchise. 

If the game was still summer camp vol 1, this game would be dead in the water.

• Haha 1