thanatopsis

Counselor bots to fill empty slots in private matches

Now that counselor bots are out I see a lot of people saying they like the game again. Many say they are dumb and easy to kill, but still like playing as Jason.

There are also plenty of people still complaining about playing online with jerks, or not having enough friends to play the game with.

Why not let counselor bots fill in the gaps? They might be dumb and not know how to strategize, but they would be distractions for whoever plays Jason while the few real players try to get away. The bots could even help find supplies and call the police. It is hard for a couple counselors to survive against Jason in a 3-player private match, but with bots, it would make things easier. If real players who die could take over a bot, that would make it even better. It would even make 1-vs-1 matches not only possible, but fun.

Now that I've seen how the offline bots work, it seems like this would be possible. I often play with 5 or 6 friends, but it would be great to have a few bots take up the slack. I have a lot of friends who would actually buy the game if they could play it that way.

• Thanks 2

I want this too.  It would also make it easier to get a private match going with friends if we could always have a full game with bots filling the empty slots.

The only problem I can see would be if a bot picks up a key item and proceeds to get stuck opening and closing a door forever or staying in a hiding spot.  It would help if the bots responded to emotes maybe.  If they see the "follow me" gesture they would follow you, en emote telling them to drop the car part, etc.

• Like 5

I'm sure there would be some way to make it work, like the gestures you mentioned. Or counselor bots could be programmed to drop items before they hide. Or if it is for private matches there could be choice like the "rain off/on" toggle. You could choose to have bots that only run and hide to distract Jason, or bots that try to gather resources, or try to escape.

All of my friends feel the same way; they don't want to play online with strangers. There might not be many in the current F13 community who feel that way, because the game was mainly marketed as an online game. My friends only got it because I told them about it and said we could all play together. But we only get together a couple times each month. I think a lot more people would buy the game if it were more fun for just 2 or 3 friends to play it together.

Honestly, I'd like this in public matches too. I've gone through several matches, in a row, where the troll losers jump out of the match because of some reason, and when several of them do this, it cripples the counselor team. Maybe putting bots into a match that is already started is too difficult, but adding them in the pre match lobby would help. If for no other reason, then give Jason more targets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is planned sometime in the future. It's too obvious of a feature not to add. 

I hope so! It could be very useful, as I was in a match this evening with two other people as Jason. 2 kills wasn't enough to relieve my stress :D

This is a great idea. Both to prevent those 3 councillors vs Jason games (C's gets waay to much heat) and to prevent mass quits by replacing quitters with bots!