daughterofolaf

User claims to be able to “give” people Savini Jason...

Someone on Xbox Live is claiming that you do not have to have preordered/backed the game in order to get Savini Jason and that he knows how to “give it” to people.  

Anybody know what he is on about?  I didn’t post a comment or ask him how he can supposedly do that because I think it’s someone just being an ass or baiting people.  I just wondered if anyone here knew anything about it.  =O

24 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Isn’t that against the “rules”?

Nope. Why would it be? The purpose of game sharing is in the name. You can share games and all of their dlc, saving your friends a lot of money. If the person who share his account also has exclusive dlcs and is willing to share them then good for him. It's his account. I got Gold Scorpion(MKX)* from a friend this way :) Game sharing is a blessing.

*About Gold Scorpion.You could download him from the library on PS4. I don't know how it works on Xbox but i can confirm it was possible on PS4. 

1 hour ago, Uber Jason X said:

Nope. Why would it be? The purpose of game sharing is in the name. You can share games and all of their dlc, saving your friends a lot of money. If the person who share his account also has exclusive dlcs and is willing to share them then good for him. It's his account. I got Gold Scorpion(MKX)* from a friend this way :) Game sharing is a blessing.

*About Gold Scorpion.You could download him from the library on PS4. I don't know how it works on Xbox but i can confirm it was possible on PS4. 

How exactly does that work? If you have shared the game with someone you get access to the DLC on your account? Do I have to be playing my friends copy? Clarify please.

4 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

How exactly does that work? If you have shared the game with someone you get access to the DLC on your account? Do I have to be playing my friends copy? Clarify please.

Okay if you already own the game your good, what you'll have to do and I recommend doing this with a good friend or family member,  you'll have to make their account primary on your PS4 (I don't know how Xbox works.) Now once that's do go into the account go to the game you have downloaded go to the store and you'll find all the DLC that user owns and you can download it however once you remove the account you lose access to that accounts dlc's or games. 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2018 at 8:54 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

You basically share accounts. You should do it with people you trust for safety reasons. Here's how it works:

Say for example i have the game but without the dlc and you have all the dlc. If we game share i can download them from your account for free as well as anything you else you have from Playstation Store and vice versa. You can download anything from the Library of the account you game shame. It's really good and i have saved a lot of money with that method.

On 05/01/2018 at 9:02 AM, Ghostboy20 said:

Okay if you already own the game your good, what you'll have to do and I recommend doing this with a good friend or family member,  you'll have to make their account primary on your PS4 (I don't know how Xbox works.) Now once that's do go into the account go to the game you have downloaded go to the store and you'll find all the DLC that user owns and you can download it however once you remove the account you lose access to that accounts dlc's or games. 

Never mind my post. This is a better explanation. 

Ah so once you make your own account primary again you lose everything you downloaded. Not something I would want to do. It's just too bad they can't just release the stupid Hell Jason and clothing pack and be done with it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Ah so once you make your own account primary again you lose everything you downloaded. Not something I would want to do. It's just too bad they can't just release the stupid Hell Jason and clothing pack and be done with it.

Ooooor they could make a new Jason since they have Savini and make some amazing new clothes for free to all the fans! 

On 5/1/2018 at 12:24 PM, Ghostboy20 said:

Ooooor they could make a new Jason since they have Savini and make some amazing new clothes for free to all the fans! 

You have to admit though. It's a dick move to have Savini on VC2.0 for the people who don't have it. I mean the model is there for everyone just not playable. That kinda sucks. It's like that final boss in a fighting game that has his own moveset and everything but isn't playable unless you got his dlc or something. Injustice 2 does this too. You can fight the dlc characters in the Multiverse even if you don't buy them. That's a "fuck you buy our dlc" from Netherealm if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Uber Jason X said:

You have to admit though. It's a dick move to have Savini on VC2.0 for the people who don't have it. I mean the model is there for everyone just not playable. That kinda sucks. It's like that final boss in a fighting game that has his own moveset and everything but isn't playable unless you got his dlc or something. Injustice 2 does this too. You can fight the dlc characters in the Multiverse even if you don't buy them. That's a "fuck you buy our dlc" from Netherealm if you ask me.

It's not the worse thing. Savini Jason is something the backers got (Even tho some didn't get it) Yeah there was some leaks but now it should be behind us. A new Jason is coming and I think a new new Jason made by the master himself should be something we all should ask for. Yeah does it suck if you don't have him seeing Savini Jason there? Yeah but it is what it is. You can't get everything you want in life but that doesn't mean you can't look to the future! 

This is a pure criminal and a horrible person and should be put behind bars.

(Additional comment removed)

• Haha 4

It’s game/Family sharing. It’s an Xbox One feature. You can only do it with 2 consoles at the same time. My son and I each have an Xbox One. I buy everything digital, and we essentially get 2 copies. Including any DLC and Xbox Gold. 

9 minutes ago, rockyranger21 said:

hey do you play on ps4 would like to try to get that savini skin

I am on PS4 however I don't give away my account information to people I don't know.

I am really glad I got the Savini skin. Some of my friends said they would wait until it was re-released for a cheaper price because 'Games always do that' WELL WHOS LAUGHING NOW SUSAN?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I am on PS4 however I don't give away my account information to people I don't know.

thats fair im a alittle skeptical about it as well since i just recently got my ps4 and all this is new to me, thank you though.

Is there any way to do this on Steam? I don't need to own him, I just wanna try him out.

If someone gives me their login info, would that work without wiping anything out on my account?

Hmmmm I wonder what happens when gun finally gets the marketplaces to look for purchase licenses? Everyone that spent money on getting something that was only meant for the people that helped with the starting or backing of the game will lose what they paid for. I’ve seen some people pay lots of money on eBay to have it and then lose it because of updates. Hopefully they just make a new jason and everyone can get over savini. 

Posted (edited)

Savini-Jason is amazing in look and style and I really wish I had gotten him. F13 the game totally flew by me until roughly April 2017. I was never a backer, so in my mind, I don't get him and that's the way it is.

I would never trust people enough to "borrow" or "buy" their Savinis. I also would not ever feel like I deserve to have him. It's for those who helped making this game possible, as sad as it is for me personally. This is why I'm always hoping for Savini-players in QP. 😉

Edited by Thor_Bjarnason
Typo
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2018 at 1:12 PM, rockyranger21 said:

thats fair im a alittle skeptical about it as well since i just recently got my ps4 and all this is new to me, thank you though.

Yeah I'm always getting asked to share my account and I'm always telling them nope, people forget once someone has your email and password they can get into your account and get your credit card information.  

He's being sold on Ebay rn for 25 bucks for Xbox One if anyone wants him lol

Edited by Kodiak: Buying and using any of that could have consequences to your ability to play the game online. Don't risk it, game/account sharing or not.

• Haha 1