Yeah, did a search first for similiar topics and found nothing so here goes...

I'm tired of counselors taunting Jason and t-bagging and not being able to respond. Basically I want a Jason taunt pack. Came up with two so far, the throat slit taunt (drawing thumb across throat) and the finger wag where Jason wags his finger at the counselor in a "no baby, no" fashion. Using these would show counselors that Jason isn't just a one hit down dummy with feeble t-rex arms and butter claw grabs, but an intelligent mind just as capable of deviousness as them.

So, thoughts? :)

• Haha 1

bruh id shit myself if I walked into a cabin and saw Jason doing the Pennywise jig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Could we add a Taunt where he lifts his mask briefly and maxes out the counselors fear?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

That’s a terrible idea. The character of Jason doesn’t do that. Just take your tea bag like a man and work harder at killing counselors.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyhorror said:

That’s a terrible idea. The character of Jason doesn’t do that. Just take your tea bag like a man and work harder at killing counselors.

Pretty sure Jason did the finger wag taunt in one of the movies.

Do like the mask lift idea though. ;)

10 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Could we add a Taunt where he lifts his mask briefly and maxes out the counselors fear?

This taunt for Jason is an amazing idea.

• Like 2

Emotes for Jason could work if they are limited.  For example, one where he snaps his head to the right or left like kane Hodder did and then you walk that way.  One where he is breathing really heavy and his shoulders are moving up and down.  One where he cocks his head like he does at the end of the machete kill with part 7.  

They would have to be very limited and use movements that kane used to give Jason that extra umph.  No throat slit motion.  This isn't kane or undertaker making the motion for their finishers.  

I do like the one about the mask lift though.  

• Like 3

This never got it's own thread but was brought up before in a counselor emotes one.

I would actually be all for it.

Head tilt and mask lift emotes would be neat. 

Please god no dancing Jasons. 

• Like 3

At best it would just be some $1.99 DLC. Would it be cool, sure, should it be something to add to Jason's arsenal of tactics?

Is fear something that really effects anything anyways? Would this actually be delivered working if it were part of some new mechanic? 

Counselor emotes serve no purpose and having them is optional and using them doesn't effect anything. If Jason was given a few Jasonisms and that's all they were yeah I could see that turn a quick buck.

1 hour ago, mikeyhorror said:

Exactly. This would ruin the movie feel most of the game has. Jason has no expression other than to grab; kill repeat.

8 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

Exactly. This would ruin the movie feel most of the game has. Jason has no expression other than to grab; kill repeat.

Except those times that he did in fact "do that."

•  Reacting to getting hit with a paintball in VI
  • Taunting Chris in the barn after being hung in III
  • The look and body language he gives Tina at the end of VII 
  • Kicking the boom box in VIII and taunting the street punks
  • Like 2

wrong. part 8 for example. he taunts the teens when he crashes their boombox they start going aggro at him, he just turns around, lifts his mask and scares the crap outta them so they run away and he just keeps following his original prey.

so the mask lift for maxing out fear is within the lore.

and as i think of all the others, @thatdudescott already got them :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

Except those times that he did in fact "do that."

•  Reacting to getting hit with a paintball in VI
  • Taunting Chris in the barn after being hung in III
  • The look and body language he gives Tina at the end of VII 
  • Kicking the boom box in VIII and taunting the street punks

Well those ideas change my opinion slightly, the ideas that @Elias Voorhees gave were not as great...

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

wrong. part 8. he taunts the teens when he crashes their boombox they start going aggro at him, he just turns around, lifts his mask and scares the crap outta them so they run away and he just keeps following his original prey.

I may have misunderstood,if they mean the anti tea bag taunt,maybe that's a bit much. But let's not act like Jason has never showed any emotion or taunted someone.

yeah, they surely mean anti tea bag. this is not lore. but counselors trolling jason hardcore is also not lore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

Well those ideas change my opinion slightly, the ideas that @Elias Voorhees gave were not as great...

i agree that Jason did do taunts in the movies,but we don't really need it in game.As it is,i was happy with the head tilt i saw my part 7 Jason do during one of the instant kill moves.That's good enough for me.

At this point we should just feel lucky to get the stuff on the road map.

Paranoia,so far away...

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

Is fear something that really effects anything anyways? Would this actually be delivered working if it were part of some new mechanic? 

Fear affects a lot of things in the game. It causes councelors to stumble more when trying to run/walk away, it makes it harder to get free from a grab, stamina recharges slower, causes loss of mini map and most importantly makes them easier to be spotted with sense.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

wrong. part 8 for example. he taunts the teens when he crashes their boombox they start going aggro at him, he just turns around, lifts his mask and scares the crap outta them so they run away and he just keeps following his original prey.

Come on, man. Those are a far cry from the OP’s idea of wagging his finger back and forth in a “tsk tsk” manner. That is just ridiculous.

Honestly no point or reason in having emotes for Jason.  Even if it added fear, your time is better off chasing after the counselor than stopping to do emotes.  All that is going to happen is you are going to do the emote, Jason stops to do the animation, and the counselor continues to run/have more time to make it to the next cabin to kite Jason.  

It really adds nothing to the game.  Much rather have the time spent on animations used for new kills.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

It really adds nothing to the game. 

To be fair though,you could say that about all of the DLC besides the kill packs. And if during a mo-cap session they take 10 minutes to have Kane do some signature Jason moves for emotes,there isn't much harm in it especially if the money made off of the emote pack funds better stuff like new Jasons/maps.

Not something I would do a lot of in quickplay,but in games with friends I could see us having fun with Jason emotes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

To be fair though,you could say that about all of the DLC besides the kill packs. And if during a mo-cap session they take 10 minutes to have Kane do some signature Jason moves for emotes,there isn't much harm in it especially if the money made off of the emote pack funds better stuff like new Jasons/maps.

Not something I would do a lot of in quickplay,but in games with friends I could see us having fun with Jason emotes.

It would cost waaaaaay too much to bring him in, mo cap it, then do the animation/rigging for it just for emotes that only a very small percentage of the player base would pay for and use in actual play.  Just like you said, probably wouldn't use it a lot in QP and I can see a majority of the player base having the same view.  For something that won't get used much in actual play against other players says a lot about the need for the Jason emotes.  

I don't see a point either to the other costumes and emotes as well.  The kill pack is the only thing I can see worth DLC they have released.