Jason emotes? No thanks. Even if they add in good ones as @thatdudescott mentioned it'll just open the flood gates for god knows what. 

My emotes are kills. I'll stick with those.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

It would cost waaaaaay too much to bring him in, mo cap it, then do the animation/rigging for it just for emotes that only a very small percentage of the player base would pay for and use in actual play.  

Oh yeah I don't mean purposely schedule a day for emote cap. But if they are doing new kills and have some extra time,why not?

I don't agree with new outfits,but if the people that do, sink money into the game,I'm all for it. The dance emote pack is probably why the maps are free. Still wondering if Uber Jason is going to cost money...

Oh well. I guess I'll just stick with Jason being able to knock on the doors.

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Oh yeah I don't mean purposely schedule a day for emote cap. But if they are doing new kills and have some extra time,why not?

I don't agree with new outfits,but if the people that do, sink money into the game,I'm all for it. The dance emote pack is probably why the maps are free. Still wondering if Uber Jason is going to cost money...

I'd rather that new characters were released for free,and available to everyone.I'd rather not see this game take the route that many games do,which is "Make people pay for new characters,but then never make an Ultimate/Game of the Year Edition where the new characters are included on the physical disc,so that people never get to play those extra characters once that game and the system it's on are not supported anymore." If the developers are going to put that much work into new characters,i'd like a version of the  game where i can play as those characters forever,long after the game is discontinued.That's just my personal preference,i guess.

As long as the actions don't break character I don't see a problem with it. The classic "head tilt" would be fun to use in different situations. I believe he uses it at the end of Part 2 while Ginny has the sweater and while looking at the RV in Part 6.

I'm all for diversifying Jason's repertoire, but giving him emotes is akin to having Greedo shoot first.

6 hours ago, mikeyhorror said:

Come on, man. Those are a far cry from the OP’s idea of wagging his finger back and forth in a “tsk tsk” manner. That is just ridiculous.

it´s from the movies. where is your problem here?

trolling and bullying jason is faaaar away from any movie plot in F13. so yeah. we don´t need a taunt or dance maybe. but anti teabagger/dance on jason measure would be nice. it would rock to never have to watch those fkn stupid trolls at the police anymore as spec. and make it a silent patch, so that jason just sees a new icon when someone teabags him. :D

wow nice lag.

10 hours ago, Elias Voorhees said:

Yeah, did a search first for similiar topics and found nothing so here goes...

I'm tired of counselors taunting Jason and t-bagging and not being able to respond. Basically I want a Jason taunt pack. Came up with two so far, the throat slit taunt (drawing thumb across throat) and the finger wag where Jason wags his finger at the counselor in a "no baby, no" fashion. Using these would show counselors that Jason isn't just a one hit down dummy with feeble t-rex arms and butter claw grabs, but an intelligent mind just as capable of deviousness as them.

So, thoughts? :)

I'm not against the idea per se, but only problem is, none of these ideas fit Jason.

As someone suggested, a good one would be lifting the mask as in part 8, the head tilt, lurching forward with an outstretched hand, the Hodder head turn, Hodder breathing, etc.

Jason has plenty of emote-able movements associated with him already without having to make him look ridiculous.

Can we just not have an automatic knife to the guts for anyone who teabags over Jason?

That'd knock that on the head pretty quickly. 

Emotes are fine with the counselors but would not make sense with Jason.

As someone said Jasons kills are his emotes.. and the way you kill a counselor can show disrespect.   I find head punches and melee slash kills to be the ultimate sign of disrespect.

15 hours ago, LadySansaLannister said:

I’d accept him lifting him mask briefly to max out fear like he did to Chris and those delinquents from Manhattan.

Agreed! That would be pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, IronKnight55 said:

Agreed! That would be pretty cool. 

If only Jenny could look more like Chrissy :( 

53 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

If only Jenny could look more like Chrissy :( 

I second that! Or at least fix her neck...

I thing Jason emotes are pointless unless they actually trigger fear. All you'll get is an emote war for a brief few seconds by a window or Jason will do his little emote on the spot giving x number of counsellors precious seconds to arm, evade or even stun.

For the developers it could be another profitable micro-transaction to consider as emotes sell. And so do ass-thetic dlc packs....

If people don't like them, then just don't use them. And I agree with the general consensus, I'm not asking for truly imersion breaking emotes. I see it as another way to express with Jason, another way to add some depth to his character as we play.

I don't use the emotes but I still had to play with a bunch of dancing bozos who'd rather fuck around instead of getting shit accomplished and escape. Having to watch jackasses dancing at the exit while chain stunning Jason was infuriating.

59 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

The head tilt and mask lift would be cool as Jason taunts.

Take it a step further and have it be a tool to increase a camper's fear to the maximum.

In which movie does Jason wag his finger at someone? 

I'm fairly certain that never happened. Ever. 

• Like 1

On 04/01/2018 at 11:31 PM, Elias Voorhees said:

Yeah, did a search first for similiar topics and found nothing so here goes...

I'm tired of counselors taunting Jason and t-bagging and not being able to respond. Basically I want a Jason taunt pack. Came up with two so far, the throat slit taunt (drawing thumb across throat) and the finger wag where Jason wags his finger at the counselor in a "no baby, no" fashion. Using these would show counselors that Jason isn't just a one hit down dummy with feeble t-rex arms and butter claw grabs, but an intelligent mind just as capable of deviousness as them.

So, thoughts? :)

Just...No...

10 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Emotes are fine with the counselors but would not make sense with Jason.

As someone said Jasons kills are his emotes.. and the way you kill a counselor can show disrespect.   I find head punches and melee slash kills to be the ultimate sign of disrespect.

Why would the quicker kills be disrespectful?

Besides the fact that intended game mechanics that are part of the objective should never be seen as disrespectful, if any of them were it'd be the long drawn out ones or environmental kills that are the real signs of "disrespect". Basically you're saying to them; "You were so easy to catch I'm going to take my time killing you slow/walk you over to this here spot and enjoy your death."

Instead of idiot emotes for Jason, why not make Jason even more bad ass by making those who are stupid enough to taunt and t-bag Jason close enough to him suffer by making Jason able to slash them or grab them while he's down?