Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brigadius

Live bug assistance

Recommended Posts

Why does a fan run discord have live bug assistance where the actual devs assist with bugs and the official site does not?  It's like they are intentionally making an effort to make things difficult. They have an official site and an official forum and they go over to a fan run discord to setup live bug reporting/assistance. This makes no sense. I would like to know their thought process in this. Is it, "the people on the official site are pissed we don't interact with them enough. I know let's set up live assistance on an unofficial media platform, that will appease them."

Par for the course I guess. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They simply aren´t very good in such things. They don´t seem to have a single person that has any experience or any skill in public relations. I mean posting patch notes on reedit first? wtf? and hours later on the offical forum?

also a lot of things only make it to the forums because some user put´s in a link here. disgusting.

i never ever use reedit or twitter. i won´t start because of one game either...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, it'd be easier to just list what they're good at...

  • Making costumes
  • Making dances
  • [TBD]
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because everything over on the Discord group is sunshine and rainbows.  Speak badly of the game even if constructed and you are kicked or trolled.  Numerous people have experienced that there.  They really aren't getting valuable feedback.  It really explains the state of the game and the balance issues.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Because everything over on the Discord group is sunshine and rainbows.  Speak badly of the game even if constructed and you are kicked or trolled.  Numerous people have experienced that there.  They really aren't getting valuable feedback.  It really explains the state of the game and the balance issues.  

In any other game i would laugh and say "nice joke" sadly i have to believe you here. so basically they go to a place that is actually monitored because that´s something they can´t do on their own. pathetic.

tbh we should effin spam that discord with critic....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pretty much everything they do blows my mind and not in a good way.  How are they gonna offer assistance on an unofficial page while leaving everyone looking for assistance on their official site in the dark. When I have a question for my bank I don't call McDonald's for assistance so they can patch me back through to my bank.

Edited by Brigadius
In this scenario let's just assume I chose McDonald's because we use the same bank,and that's the only link.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Brigadius I'm sorry for the straying from the topic and all but every time I see your avatar I instantly think Jason is dabbing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Why does a fan run discord have live bug assistance where the actual devs assist with bugs and the official site does not?  It's like they are intentionally making an effort to make things difficult. They have an official site and an official forum and they go over to a fan run discord to setup live bug reporting/assistance. This makes no sense. I would like to know their thought process in this. Is it, "the people on the official site are pissed we don't interact with them enough. I know let's set up live assistance on an unofficial media platform, that will appease them."

Par for the course I guess. 

I agree fully.

I'd like to hear @[IllFonic]Courier chime in on why the game's live bug assistance is not on an official platform and can be blocked (and has been) by the owner of the Discord (who is not affiliated with Gun or Illphonic) in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bewareofbears i can tell you: they are propably all depressed because everyone is only about "fix this, fix that" no one appreciates their hard work so they go to a safe place, because they can´t create one on their own.

sadly this might even be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@bewareofbears i can tell you: they are propably all depressed because everyone is only about "fix this, fix that" no one appreciates their hard work so they go to a safe place, because they can´t create one on their own.

sadly this might even be true.

Check their personal Twitters, see their fancy watches and vacations. Money doesn't buy happiness but it definitely helps. I think they're doing alright. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Check their personal Twitters, see their fancy watches and vacations. Money doesn't buy happiness but it definitely helps. I think they're doing alright. ;)

that makes it even worse then. so they actually just could hire some extra stuff, but rather go on luxury vacations? wow. didn´t think i could disrespect them any more. but i can. wow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

that makes it even worse then. so they actually just could hire some extra stuff, but rather go on luxury vacations? wow. didn´t think i could disrespect them any more. but i can. wow.

They're definitely in the money at the moment. "Over 2 million copies sold!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn't this official board always been the black sheep? I remember a while back when it was mysteriously closed to new members. I think you guys hit the nail on the head. Why would they want to go somewhere and talk to people that give them honest feedback? They'd  rather go whey they are brown nosed and lauded for everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why I am excited for the upcoming game "Last Year"

- Made my a great developer

- They keep quiet but give best info. when they can

- They are not releasing a broken game, they are taking time to make it the best.

(This is just my opinion, but this game just needs to be made by experienced...NOT Illfonic)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bug Reporting link on the forum is here: http://forum.f13game.com/forum/23-friday-the-13th-the-game-bug-reporting/ 

Suggestions and Feedback are here: http://forum.f13game.com/forum/9-friday-the-13th-the-game-suggestionsfeedback/

Discord is a chat service that houses a large community of our fans and their community has been awesome in getting us to the people that need help and are looking to resolve outstanding issues quickly. When it comes to 'live' bug assistance...that means the members of IllFonic can immediately and rapidly respond in a live way...whereas a forum is a message board. You post messages, you comment and a discussion continues for a set time, available for each user's leisure given day to day schedules of different members. 

 

Glad you are enjoying my new watch. I saved up for several years to be able to get something special as a means to celebrate the years of work that have been going on here at Gun since we got started as a couple of us 5 years ago. It meant a lot for me to be able to focus on a goal and achieve it in a way that allowed me to acquire something that I have a passion in outside of making games. Hope you get to do it one day for yourself as well. Wes also got a pretty cool watch, too. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GunMedia_Ben, don't come in here and ruin manufactured outrage with things like facts and well-reasoned explanations and relatable anecdotes about financial goals. This thread needs something to be mad at, gosh-darnit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@GunMedia_Ben, don't come in here and ruin manufactured outrage with things like facts and well-reasoned explanations and relatable anecdotes about financial goals. This thread needs something to be mad at, gosh-darnit!

Agreed!!  This forum and the subreddit are filled with super aggressive posts and most people are just angry or annoyed at one thing or another.  I truly believe that everyone here genuinely enjoys this game, even with it's bugs/issues, but we definitely take having this game to play at all for granted.  I'm glad the devs have a presence here, no matter how small.  You rarely get this from any other game companies. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Discord is a chat service that houses a large community of our fans and their community has been awesome in getting us to the people that need help and are looking to resolve outstanding issues quickly. When it comes to 'live' bug assistance...that means the members of IllFonic can immediately and rapidly respond in a live way...whereas a forum is a message board. You post messages, you comment and a discussion continues for a set time, available for each user's leisure given day to day schedules of different members. 

Discord is a fan run chat service that can deny access to any user simply because a mod doesn't like their opinion. Technically the same thing can happen here but as a company with a reputation to uphold you are far less likely to do that than a bunch of kids that have no affiliation with the franchise or your company. 

How exactly has discord been able to increase your ability to resolve issues quickly? Does this forum that provides a plethora of information on bugs somehow decrease bug fixing efficiency? 

You are right that a forum is a message board,  and it's your message board, the official place where people come to find answers, they don't go to a fan run site to track down the devs to ask them questions. I find it hard to believe that you you can't install a live chat module on your site. Here I found one it's linked below. There is literally no reason to have to go to a third party site that is run by nobody affiliated with you. Even if you didn't want to install this module on your forums you could install any number of live chat widgets on your main site that don't require a user to create an account to use. 

In my opinion it's unprofessional to have a live assistance chat on a fan run site when your official community is here and always willing to jump into a conversation and provide feedback. Especially when that third party can so easily deny access to any user just because, therefore making it impossible for them to get live assistance. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8573-chat-plugin-by-chatwee/

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The forum chat system provided by most major forum boards has always felt a bit lacking and we decided not to go with it as it's usually just a plug at either the top or bottom. Truth be told, Discord is a far superior platform of engagement for live-chat systems for fans; it offers Voice, file uploads, GIF and image embed...it's really a great overall system and one that we're happy to be part of. 

Our team believes that fan communities should be fan run. We have a very passionate fanbase and that's really been shown to be true in several major areas; the unofficial Facebook Fan Page, Discord, several PS4 and XB1 groups and of course our Sub-Reddit. We watch, we participate, we comment and engage. The official forums are always part of that, and we post our news and updates with information that you won't get anywhere else here: http://forum.f13game.com/forum/7-about-friday-the-13th-the-game/

The forum is a discussion board. Discord is a chat service. We're incredibly happy to see our fans creating a community for themselves and are happy to participate where they congregate. Times change, tastes in interaction evolve and many see Discord as a great service and place to meet and talk in a way you don't get with traditional forums that have been around since the dawn of the internet. So, if you want live bug assistance and to chat with the guys, I'd recommend joining the Discord and being a part! If not, we offer bug assistance here to the best possible scenario as possible with the forum here. We also read our messages, our emails (the best way to send a bug report over anything else), several fan communities and of course, here on our forums. It all congregates to the same place. :). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

The forum chat system provided by most major forum boards has always felt a bit lacking and we decided not to go with it as it's usually just a plug at either the top or bottom. Truth be told, Discord is a far superior platform of engagement for live-chat systems for fans; it offers Voice, file uploads, GIF and image embed...it's really a great overall system and one that we're happy to be part of. 

So, if you want live bug assistance and to chat with the guys, I'd recommend joining the Discord and being a part! If not, we offer bug assistance here to the best possible scenario as possible with the forum here. We also read our messages, our emails (the best way to send a bug report over anything else), several fan communities and of course, here on our forums. It all congregates to the same place. :). 

But you never even tried the live chat on here. How do you know it will be sub par. The link I provide states it has file and image upload, along with many other features. And it's supported by your forum provider. 

I applaud that you want to be involved with fan communities but it seems you are sacrificing your official community to do so. Offering support on a private community that can exclude members of your fan base for any reason seems like the wrong move. They can literally keep your fans from getting the help they need because they don't like that person's opinions and deny them access to the site. You are catering to private community rather making live help exclusive to them when it should be open to all free of private community regulations. 

  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. i am so done with this game. So done.

Weak arguments. I don´t use discord, and i will not start because a company that is not even able to meet simple standards at game release thinks a forum is not a proper place for discussing and chatting.

Experienced and sucessfull developers proove that forums work very well. There is a TON of examples for that out there.

@GunMedia_Ben i am sorry but you guys simply suck at communicating. i play for decades now and your company is the worst i have ever dealt with in terms of communicating.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, the proverbial "go fuck yourselves".  

Tried discord, hated it.  Almost as much as the mess that is Reddit.  Forums are much more user friendly, but if that's how y'all wanna roll... knock yourselves out.  All of us outdated, inferior shit heads will still be here on the OFFICIAL forum.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Bug Reporting link on the forum is here: http://forum.f13game.com/forum/23-friday-the-13th-the-game-bug-reporting/ 

Suggestions and Feedback are here: http://forum.f13game.com/forum/9-friday-the-13th-the-game-suggestionsfeedback/

Discord is a chat service that houses a large community of our fans and their community has been awesome in getting us to the people that need help and are looking to resolve outstanding issues quickly. When it comes to 'live' bug assistance...that means the members of IllFonic can immediately and rapidly respond in a live way...whereas a forum is a message board. You post messages, you comment and a discussion continues for a set time, available for each user's leisure given day to day schedules of different members. 

 

Glad you are enjoying my new watch. I saved up for several years to be able to get something special as a means to celebrate the years of work that have been going on here at Gun since we got started as a couple of us 5 years ago. It meant a lot for me to be able to focus on a goal and achieve it in a way that allowed me to acquire something that I have a passion in outside of making games. Hope you get to do it one day for yourself as well. Wes also got a pretty cool watch, too. 

So... you're saying if we start a Discord you will provide an Illphonic team member to run a live bug assistance in it?

Edit:

Oops- forgot to congratulate you on your archaic purchase, @GunMedia_Ben. :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just getting caught up on this here. A decent bit to take in.

I will say I hear awful stories from friends that they have been banned on the Discord page for "negative feedback". This to me is absurd. People have a right to complain and vent about a product. You can't ban a person because they are not all sunshine and rainbows. All the people involved are adults and have heard worse in their lives. 

Even the people coming in this thread and knocking people for being upset over lack of communication or how it is being handled are ass-kissing, exemplifying childish behavior and antagonizing tactics. It's fine if you prefer another social media outlet. I personally have seen negativity in all of them. Also positive notes. I actually see a ton of positivity in this community. Some people have harsh words and jokes, but it's the frigging internet people, don't be so sensitive over other people's views. It's the reason for discussion. To blatantly attack another individual or group is uncalled for. I will straight call you out @NthnButAGoodTime. You have your nose so far up their asses that you attack people with negative feedback. @Brigadius goes out of his way to investigate how to assist this company in efficient and alternate ways to help the community, yet he gets treated like the black sheep. Why did you feel the need to come in here and antagonize people for being upset. Other than the PS4 chapter of Good sportsmanship club, what have been your big contributions? Brig has made avatars for people on the forums. He has messaged Shifty with notes on how to make the site read better and run more efficiently. He made Jason emoticons(which were washed under the rug) for the community. He has looked into the site running these forums and noted how this site can be improved for the community as well as the companies. What do you do other than greet people? I enjoy your sense of humor, but it seems you only speak negatively about most community members and only positive about the companies, when clearly there are issues that need addressed. 

If I go to an IT  job where you need a couple errors fixed, but instead of communicating with you the timeframe of when a fix can be expected, or what we recognize as the general cause of the error, I am communicating with another department so the messages are not being communicated to you: how would you feel? You would have feel cheated on your product and service. A community manager should be effectively communicating issues with the community. This being the game's official forum, this should be priority. Lately we have been getting news and patch notes first, I commend the companies for this. I get what Ben is saying about finding Discord more efficient. Why not create their own official Discord then and link to it, instead of a fan run Discord for live assistance?? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how much value Gun and Illfonic are putting into the communities. That doesn't mean some random person should have control over a person's fate for posting negatively. Negative feedback is critical in improving a product. Can some members use more tact when communicating issues? Absolutely. No argument there. 

Most people here complain because of the history or errors with this game. From still no Skype interviews have happened, Savini leaks and other broken promises. The report bug page is extensive yet how often do we get a reply saying "noted and being looked into this week after task 1, task 2, etc, but it will be a priority to get this taken care of". The communication has been poor. Some of us don't want other social media as we don't care about it or have hesitations against it. I for one don't use any other than this site and Twitter. Not interested. So if I report a bug, I would enjoy feedback on why it happened and when it will get fixed. 

Btw, fantastic collection of surplus tactical gear. Cheers!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheHansonGoons May be its time for people like @Brigadius to take a back seat? From what I understand they are just being exploited with little thanks in return. The devs must be happy, they seem to being doing some of their work for them free of charge? I don't really get the whole Discord point when there is this official forum. Surely this should take priority over splitting the community into another copy and paste website. 'we offer bug assistance here to the best possible scenario as possible with the forum here' I don't disagree with the statement, the best scenario for them is when they feel like it so it can't be bad. I know I am a fairly recent addition to the forum, but it feels like we are left to our own devises nearly all the time. However saying all that, they must know about all the bugs anyway so we must positively assume they are waiting until all are resolved and applied in one big update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×