Okay, so I know we just got Offline Bots and we're all anticipating Paranoia, but here's a proposal for a third idea for a game mode:

The Stalker

If you think about the F13 franchise, almost never did Jason or his mother (or Roy, for that matter) just charge into a large group of people and kill one. Why? Because that would make all the rest scatter -- which is exactly what happens in the game. 

No, they used secrecy and stealth to pick their victims off one . . . by one . . . by one. Honestly, no one was really scared in those movies until either:

1. The seconds before they were killed.
  2. They survived until the final battle.

So I propose a game mode where the entire objective (as Jason) is stealth kills.  The game mode itself has two mini-modes: Tranquil and Alert

In Tranquil mode:

• There is no warning "Jason Music". There is no first cinematic death. All is calm at the camp.
  • It begins with someone realizing the car(s)/boat are not working and they need to be repaired.
  • Counselors begin spreading out to find objective parts.
  • The phone ALREADY WORKS, but you have no reason to use it. (However, Jason CAN sabotage the phone -- if he can do so without attracting attention)
  • Doors cannot be locked in this mode.
  • Tommy Jarvis cannot be summoned in this mode.
  • Running is disabled in this mode.
  • Jason can HIDE, just as counselors can, and he is in permanent Stalk mode in Tranquil mode.
  • Jason can also PICK UP, DROP, and HIDE/STASH/HANG bodies that others may or may not later discover. 

In Tranquil mode, Counselors are singularly focused on getting all the transport modes fixed and, once the items are fixed, counselors can get in them and "leave", rather than "escape".

ALL THE WHILE, Jason is watching. He stays in the shadows and waits for the perfect time to strike. When one counselor is alone, he secretly picks them off, then disposes of the bodies by stashing them in hiding places or in the lake. One . . . by one . . . by one. All while in Tranquil mode.

HOWEVER, the game immediately shifts to Alert mode if any of the following happen:

• A counselor sees Jason approaching and screams within range of others
  • A counselor is attacked and escapes death, and is allowed to warn the others
  • A dead/stashed body is discovered, and the discoverer is allowed to warn the others
  • A counselor witnesses Jason killing another counselor, and is allowed to warn the others

In Alert mode:

• The police can be immediately called (if Jason has not sabotaged the phone box)
  • Running is re-enabled
  • "Jason's music" is re-enabled
  • Doors can be locked
  • Tommy Jarvis CAN be summoned in this mode
  • Jason's Stalk immediately drops off and must recharge as normal

Jason will receive more XP for every kill he performs in Tranquil mode than he will in Alert mode. Counselors receive more XP for every repair performed/assisted in Tranquil mode than they will in Alert mode. 

Obviously, this promotes stealth and keeping the round in "tranquil mode" for as long as possible. Escape is possible in either mode, but more points are awarded for expediency.

I just feel like this game mode would be more true to the films' style, plus create a great deal of "jump scares".

This needs to be more developed as a whole, but what are your initial thoughts?
- Skunk

• Like 15

I like the idea,even though i'm sure i'd be terrible at getting alot of points at it.I'm not good at stealth games,even though i liked the stories of the Metal Gear franchise,i got out of the series because so much of the games demand stealth.I'd say that stealth,racing and player vs player games are the worst for me,due to my learning disability.Overall i think your idea is good,and i think people who are better at video games than me would enjoy it alot!

7 minutes ago, JF13 said:

I like the idea,even though i'm sure i'd be terrible at getting alot of points at it.I'm not good at stealth games,even though i liked the stories of the Metal Gear franchise,i got out of the series because so much of the games demand stealth.I'd say that stealth,racing and player vs player games are the worst for me,due to my learning disability.Overall i think your idea is good,and i think people who are better at video games than me would enjoy it alot!

Well, remember: the only one who would need to be stealthy would be Jason. The counselors can be as loud and obnoxious as they like.

3 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Well, remember: the only one who would need to be stealthy would be Jason. The counselors can be as loud and obnoxious as they like.

if they made the mode available offline,and the player could choose weather to play Jason or a counselor,that would rock.Playing as a counselor would be a bit easier for me,but i still would be tempted to try it as Jason also.

1 hour ago, JF13 said:

if they made the mode available offline,and the player could choose weather to play Jason or a counselor,that would rock.Playing as a counselor would be a bit easier for me,but i still would be tempted to try it as Jason also.

I just think it would add to the real "Friday the 13th" experience. One thing this game is sorely lacking (which the franchise heavily relied upon) is grizzly discoveries and jump scares.

• Like 1

hmmm...for me,i'd be happy playing offline as a counselor,then having my character freak out when opening a closet and one of the dead counselor bots falls out.....that would be awesome....lol

This is a GREAT idea.  Also to make it more  like the movies and jump scares, I'd like to see another mode where you play as the counselor and are the last person standing and have to use stealth to do objectives and escape Jason.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jay Shen said:

This is a GREAT idea.  Also to make it more  like the movies and jump scares, I'd like to see another mode where you play as the counselor and are the last person standing and have to use stealth to do objectives and escape Jason.

Hmmm...i'd have alot of trouble doing that,due to my learning disability,but i agree,there's alot of people who would love that kinda mode.It's still a good idea!

15 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Okay, so I know we just got Offline Bots and we're all anticipating Paranoia, but here's a proposal for a third idea for a game mode:

The Stalker

If you think about the F13 franchise, almost never did Jason or his mother (or Roy, for that matter) just charge into a large group of people and kill one. Why? Because that would make all the rest scatter -- which is exactly what happens in the game. 

No, they used secrecy and stealth to pick their victims off one . . . by one . . . by one. Honestly, no one was really scared in those movies until either:

So I propose a game mode where the entire objective (as Jason) is stealth kills.  The game mode itself has two mini-modes: Tranquil and Alert

In Tranquil mode:

• There is no warning "Jason Music". There is no first cinematic death. All is calm at the camp.
  • It begins with someone realizing the car(s)/boat are not working and they need to be repaired.
  • The phone ALREADY WORKS, but you have no reason to use it. (However, Jason CAN sabotage the phone -- if he can do so without attracting attention)
  • Jason can HIDE, just as counselors can, and he is in permanent Stalk mode in Tranquil mode.

In Tranquil mode, Counselors are singularly focused on getting all the transport modes fixed and, once the items are fixed, counselors can get in them and "leave", rather than "escape".

ALL THE WHILE, Jason is watching. He stays in the shadows and waits for the perfect time to strike. When one counselor is alone, he secretly picks them off, then disposes of the bodies by stashing them in hiding places or in the lake. One . . . by one . . . by one. All while in Tranquil mode.

HOWEVER, the game immediately shifts to Alert mode if any of the following happen:

• A dead/stashed body is discovered, and the discoverer is allowed to warn the others
  • A counselor witnesses Jason killing another counselor, and is allowed to warn the others

In Alert mode:

• The police can be immediately called (if Jason has not sabotaged the phone box)
  • Running is re-enabled
  • Doors can be locked

Jason will receive more XP for every kill he performs in Tranquil mode than he will in Alert mode. Counselors receive more XP for every repair performed/assisted in Tranquil mode than they will in Alert mode. 

Obviously, this promotes stealth and keeping the round in "tranquil mode" for as long as possible. Escape is possible in either mode, but more points are awarded for expediency.

I just feel like this game mode would be more true to the films' style, plus create a great deal of "jump scares".

- Skunk

I believe this how some of the single player challenges will be ,based off what Gun has described about them. However you have the body disposal backwards . Jason always mutilated the bodies and put them in places they would be discovered.Think of how many times bodies fall from trees or attics onto someone,or someone finds a body nailed to a tree or wall.Now that I think of it, replace traps with a body of a victim . You place it just like a trap,but when a counselor steps in the spot a body falls on them and raises there fear so you can track and stealth kill them.As for the alert mode they have stated that is what multiplayer or offline bots are.In the movies no one ever believes the people who see jason or a body anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Add this to my Pamela mode! 

I have been a staunch advocate of "Pamela Mode" since the game released. Omitting her entirely as a killer within the franchise is an injustice. I think we need both of these modes.

I would like a first person mode as a virtual cabin, it was pretty scary when Jason appeared walking in the room

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

The Stalker

In Tranquil mode:

In Alert mode:

• Running is re-enabled
  • Doors can be locked

- Skunk

I love this we need game modes especially anything that can be done on a single player game i enjoy playing more single player that online multiplayer i want a story mode.

I like this mode.  To add to it, there should be a way to do drugs and have sex only while in tranquil mode.  Doing drugs raises your composure stat while lowering your luck.  Having sex raises your stamina but the cabin your in lights up on Jason's sense mode from anywhere on the map.

15 minutes ago, KilledByKangaroo said:

I like this mode.  To add to it, there should be a way to do drugs and have sex only while in tranquil mode.  Doing drugs raises your composure stat while lowering your luck.  Having sex raises your stamina but the cabin your in lights up on Jason's sense mode from anywhere on the map.

Sex?? How are they going to incorporate sex into this game without getting slapped with the dreaded AO rating?

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Sex?? How are they going to indicate sex in this game without getting slapped with the dreaded AO rating?

I think it should have been released with AO rating. Then there wouldn't be as many little kids playing,its to damn graphic. I understand from the business perspective that a m rating was where thy had to be though .

1 hour ago, KilledByKangaroo said:

... What the fuck lol.

First of all sex makes people tired, so the whole "raising your stamina" is not gonna work lol. 

Also do you realize that this comes off a bit perverted? 

I'd rather not be having virtual sex with strangers online. That's just weird and creepy.

Just give them some fucking energy drinks if you want something different than simply waiting for your stamina to regain by standing still or crouching.

Smh. 

• Like 1

I like these ideas, but I have a suspicion that some of these elements are planned for the Paranoia mode.

21 hours ago, Gummybish said:

... What the fuck lol.

First of all sex makes people tired, so the whole "raising your stamina" is not gonna work lol. 

Also do you realize that this comes off a bit perverted? 

I'd rather not be having virtual sex with strangers online. That's just weird and creepy.

Just give them some fucking energy drinks if you want something different than simply waiting for your stamina to regain by standing still or crouching.

Smh. 

Have you seen the Friday the 13th movies?  Do you think people who watch them are perverted?  Also you can easily imply the idea of two counselors fooling around without actually showing any nudity.  

31 minutes ago, KilledByKangaroo said:

Have you seen the Friday the 13th movies?  Do you think people who watch them are perverted?  Also you can easily imply the idea of two counselors fooling around without actually showing any nudity.  

I am a very devoted fan of the movies and I understand that sex was in a lot of the movies but like I said, I don't even like the thought of having  sex with another counselor who is another player on a game just for stamina.

That's just borderline creepy. What's wrong with the way you get stamina now? Is it too G rated for your liking?

• Like 2

I think the initial idea is good. If I may add a suggestion whilst Jason is dormant/sneaky why not have the counsellors have a set list of as many tasks to complete for an xp bonus before Jason starts getting discovered/kills you. E.g. You are randomly tasked with fetching wood from location marked on map, bring cooking pot from the lodge kitchen to tent sight marked on map. Anything to randomly split the gang up. They get there extra XP and Jason gets his chance to kill them off and hide the bodies one by one like in the films. This would add a level of unpredictability to it.

The counsellor tasks could be random, however some might be special counsellor tasks that fit either the play style or background of the characters themselves. This could be things like have Lachappa go fix the electrical box that has mysteriously stopped working. Deborah needs to fix the car. Vanessa sets herself a jogging session in the woods alone. Tiffany needs to convince Kenny to 'relax' in the secluded cabin bed (there needs to be no animation required here, maybe just camera shakes a bit whilst the players just view the outside cabin thus satisfying those wanting intimacy in the game). Jenny goes for a swim by herself. Before some of you ask she has a bikini now, skinny deeping is everywhere in the series but I think out of the question! Bascially enough to keep the counsellors focused on xp tasks but splitting up enough for Jason to act. The tasks need not take long and there could be a meeting point for a dance party or something which they could choose to do instead. Anything to make the game interesting but free enough that it doesn't bore players with random orders.

Once Jason is found out the tasks are forgotten. That's the end of any bonus xp and the 'real game' begins in arming, fixing and escaping.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gummybish said:

I am a very devoted fan of the movies and I understand that sex was in a lot of the movies but like I said, I don't even like the thought of having  sex with another counselor who is another player on a game just for stamina.

That's just borderline creepy. What's wrong with the way you get stamina now? Is it too G rated for your liking?

Forget the stamina.  It could be anything.  Strength, points, just some incentive so theres a reward for the risk.  No one said you have to do it just because it's there.  I don't even want to have sex with other counselors.  I'd just like to be Jason and be able to kill the players who are having sex/doing drugs so that it's more like the movies.

7 minutes ago, KilledByKangaroo said:

Forget the stamina.  It could be anything.  Strength, points, just some incentive so theres a reward for the risk.  No one said you have to do it just because it's there.  I don't even want to have sex with other counselors.  I'd just like to be Jason and be able to kill the players who are having sex/doing drugs so that it's more like the movies.

Most of the time let's be real we aren't Jason though, the only time you are guaranteed to be Jason is it you are the host of a private match. 

Just the mere thought of it makes me cringe.