mrhyde138

Traps as a counter to Knives

I think as a counter to all the pocket knives Jason should have more traps. Or maybe be able go back to his cabin and get more. 

I think this would make counslers have to use them more often and balance things a bit more. I personally Have no Problem dealing with it because I expect them all to have multiple knives. But I can see how some do not enjoy getting the knife every time they go for the kill Pulls you right out of the game if you let it. So yeah I think Jason should be able to have more traps. Hell players can see the traps anyway and avoid them unless they are on an objective. Also maybe let jason set traps in the house or be able to use the bear traps. Give Jason some options and change up how he hunts. Just an opinion. 

I like the idea of going back to the shack to get more traps, but the time spent morphing out there and back makes me question if people would even do it.

You could also allow Jason to recover his sprung traps and reuse them like the counselors can.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

You could also allow Jason to recover his sprung traps and reuse them like the counselors can.

^^ This.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

I like the idea of going back to the shack to get more traps, but the time spent morphing out there and back makes me question if people would even do it.

I'd be okay with this.

I also think that there shouldn"t be a "tell" sound when Jason is laying a trap.

• Like 1

I agree that Jason should be able to reset his traps, as long as they don't mysteriously disappear like they do when a counselor attempts the same. 

How does that even happen? It's beyond annoying. 

Just now, Spinesplitter said:

I agree that Jason should be able to reset his traps, as long as they don't mysteriously disappear like they do when a counselor attempts the same. 

How does that even happen? It's beyond annoying. 

Agreed. Side effect of the latest patch.

At this point ANY added Jason ability would be welcome, regardless of what it is. The counselors have gotten buff after buff after buff while Jason has actually regressed. 

More traps for all Jason’s, letting him reset his traps, hiding them better, removing the “tell” when he places them, anything, I’d be all for. 

• Thanks 2

I don't rely on traps being triggered without a knife in order to know if they are triggered or not.

It all boils down to your awareness, instead of traps... I'd like to see more throwing knives in random locations to counter all the pocket knives.

I’d actually pay money for additional types of traps for Jason to use. Like the rope snare from Part 2? Need money, illfonic? Sell us an add-on where we can buy specialized traps and I’m all yours. I’d totally spend $3 on that rather than on silly Halloween costumes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gyaaft said:

I like the idea, but I think it needs a bit of work. Maybe it should be that if the trap has been disarmed with a knife, it can't be re-armed. It would give more incentive to use knives on objectives.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I like the idea, but I think it needs a bit of work. Maybe it should be that if the trap has been disarmed with a knife, it can't be re-armed. It would give more incentive to use knives on objectives.

No The point of adding or rearming traps is to get the counslers to use them on traps. Making the traps not re armable just leaves the same issue of to many knives. if you make them have to deal with traps more then they have to use the knives or sacrifice. make them have to learn new stratigies. 

8 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’d actually pay money for additional types of traps for Jason to use. Like the rope snare from Part 2? Need money, illfonic? Sell us an add-on where we can buy specialized traps and I’m all yours. I’d totally spend $3 on that rather than on silly Halloween costumes. 

Wonderful idea! Adding in Pay to Win other than Savini.

1 hour ago, Confused Counsellor said:

Wonderful idea! Adding in Pay to Win other than Savini.

Savini is not "pay to win", you do realize he was for the backers and gets stunned easily right???

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Savini is not "pay to win", you do realize he was for the backers and gets stunned easily right???

Just as easily stunned as any other Jason or is there some secret you know that we don't? He has what many claim to be the best strength/weakness loadout in the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Yeah backers paid and got a character with unique and arguably the best combo of stats, so technically it is P2W. I'm not too bothered about it but certainly wouldn't want anything else like that.

I was just saying this last night. Most Jason’s only have five traps at most while the counselors seem to have UNLIMITED resources. At the very least, with the current start of the game, no Jason deserves to only have three traps.

1 hour ago, Jawbone said:

Just as easily stunned as any other Jason or is there some secret you know that we don't? He has what many claim to be the best strength/weakness loadout in the game.

I play as him and he seems to get stunned just as long as J3, which shouldn't happen for an escaped denizen of hell. 

Bad idea. What exactly is wrong with knives? I get it gets you mad that you have to waste time anytime you grab someone but that's what they're for. They're supposed to give you a false sense of victory until you realize you haven't won yet. More knives isn't a problem, especially when J2 exists. He has 7 Traps and there wasn't enough pocket knives for his Traps before. Now there's enough for all of his Traps and maybe one or two extra for a counselor to use as protection. Even if all the Traps are just tanked and every counselor has one pocket knife, so what? So they get a free escape, now you have to try again to get them. Seems fair when Jason can instantly kill you once he grabs you. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Savini is obviously OP. Anyone who denies it is kidding themself. He has good shift, meaning you can't run for long; Good destruction, which means you can't hide either or regain your stamina; and he has weapon strength which means you can't fight him either. Those 3 things are pretty much a counselors only options and he has the upper hand in all of them. Let's not forget his weaknesses are laughable. Water speed and grip strength? Ha. Can't run? His shift definitely makes up for that. This also means he still has a pretty good morph and 5 Traps. 

4 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Bad idea. What exactly is wrong with knives? I get it gets you mad that you have to waste time anytime you grab someone but that's what they're for. They're supposed to give you a false sense of victory until you realize you haven't won yet. More knives isn't a problem, especially when J2 exists. He has 7 Traps and there wasn't enough pocket knives for his Traps before. Now there's enough for all of his Traps and maybe one or two extra for a counselor to use as protection. Even if all the Traps are just tanked and every counselor has one pocket knife, so what? So they get a free escape, now you have to try again to get them. Seems fair when Jason can instantly kill you once he grabs you. 

Jason can't instantly kill you once he grabs you when you have a counselor nearby.

7 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

my brain hurts....

4 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Jason can't instantly kill you once he grabs you when you have a counselor nearby.

Uh you do realize how fucked up the hit detection is right? You have to be directly behind Jason in order to hit him. Anywhere else and the weapon just hits the counselor he grabs instead. So all Jason really has to do is turn toward you and you're shit out of luck. Let's not forget that if Jason moves an inch, you're weapon misses even if you're touching him.

1 minute ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Uh you do realize how fucked up the hit detection is right? First of all, you have to be directly behind Jason in order to hit him. Anywhere else and the weapon just hits the counselor he grabs instead. So all Jason really had to do is turn toward you and you're shit out of luck. Let's not forget that if Jason moves an inch, you're weapon misses even if you're touching him.

You do realize all the counselors severely out run Jason unless he is shifting which has a longer cooldown than your standard appointment at the dentist. And you do realize that all counselor's melee weapons out-range Jason Part 2 Melee attack and Grab range?