Sign in to follow this  
Jasonlives4ever

Tommy Jarvis players need to lose points if they leave too soon!

We need a way to penalize players who play as Tommy and try to escape right away without helping the other counselors. Taking away a decent amount of points might change their selfish ways. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Changing the rules to try to make dickheads not be dickheads is the reason the game is in the sorry state that it is right now. If all of the changes become "troll managing", then the game will never progress. Trolls are not going to go away. You take away friendly fire, trolls run over other counselors, set traps in unlocked doorways, block people into rooms with no window, and hide shit on the map. You make items visible on the map, people just hold on to them and never try to complete any objectives. You nerf Jason to appease the whiners that thought being a counselor was too hard, you have a "homicidal maniac" that is about as scary as a bunny rabbit hopping around in a meadow of sunflowers. Like a developer said months ago when friendly fire was taken away, "We just can't have nice things."

I will also address the main query in your post. Put yourself in this scenario: You are a new player who has been getting killed early in every match for hours. You have to sit and wait for the matches to end to get any XP.  Finally, you get to come back as Tommy. Your first instinct is going to be to get the hell out of Dodge, and finally get some escape XP. Should a person really be punished for that? It's like punishing players for leaving games. I don't know about everyone else, but I have been dropped from plenty of matches through no fault of my own.

TL;DR NO!

• Like 2

Nice points you made Rex i was the same way when i began i escaped with Tommy the first opportunity i had. I guess i just get tired of seeing it happen over and over again. Ok instead of punishing the player for leaving early how about rewarding them with bonus points instead for either staying until the other counselors escape or are killed? I think that's a happy medium we can all agree on.

@Rexfellis I agree with you. Also, if your team only consists of said trolls, one of whom helps Jason and/or tells him your position (which results in you being the first to die), I see no reason to help them afterwards. 

28 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Nice points you made Rex i was the same way when i began i escaped with Tommy the first opportunity i had. I guess i just get tired of seeing it happen over and over again. Ok instead of punishing the player for leaving early how about rewarding them with bonus points instead for either staying until the other counselors escape or are killed? I think that's a happy medium we can all agree on.

I think giving Tommy players extra experience for achieving goals to help the counselors is a great idea. Save a counselor that is being grabbed...bonus. Helping to fix the car/boat...bonus. Picking up passengers in the car...bonus. I am 100% behind this. :D 

More incentive to be a good Tommy would be nice, it does get a bit shit when you see a Tommy just crouching at the edges of the map and then bolting for the escape leaving you and who ever else actually done the hard work to die. So giving players that xp for doing specific tasks wouldn't hurt.

Glad you guys both agree on the bonus experience points for Tommy helping the counselors. This way people feel motivated more to actually be heroic instead of being a  coward lol.

I think we should have a 'Tommy preference' to filter out the people who really just can't be bothered to play him. 

I'll take an escaping Tommy over a Tommy who hunts the counselors with the car and plows through them like I've had the last few matches.

That’s why I proposed that Tommy should only arrive on the scene if the people who escaped or died earned at least 500 points. Otherwise, if you died and didn’t contribute anything, you don’t deserve to play as the most powerful character and be a hero. 

Yesterday, I screen capped four matches in a row where the Tommy player was just despicable. The first match the second person who died came back as Tommy and died again 3rd. 

The second game, the POS person that drown trying to escape I’m the boat by himself after I put th gas in it, came back as Tommy and drown again trying to escape in the boat by himself. TRASH. 

The third game, the player who died third came back as Tommy and jumped in the two seater that two people died repairing and escaped by himself with 4 people alive. 

The fourth game Tommy spawned by the police as they arrived and escaped while 5 girls were southeast on the map running for our lives against Savini Jason. Trash.

To play as Tommy should come great responsibility. All he’s used as is an assured escape now that he has a pocket knife and med spray. It irritates me because I NEVER play as Tommy due to the fact that I survive 9/10 matches, usually as the only survivor. 

I'm gonna make a new thread with my new suggestion giving Tommy bonus xp points for helping the counselors survive.  Hopefully that gets more views by the devs.