JJ-ROXX

What Are You Playing? (Other than Friday the 13th of course!)

On 3/14/2018 at 10:24 AM, Kodiak said:

Sea of Thieves

On 3/14/2018 at 5:39 AM, DamonD7 said:

Sea of Thieves

Now that it's been out for a couple of weeks, how do you guys like it? I think it's pretty cool, but I still don't think it's worth $60... You're literally only playing for cosmetics, which I hate.

Yeeeaaah....I decided in the end to hold off for a month or so to get some better idea of what SoT is like and what they're going to add.

Currently, I'm feeling that was a good call. I want it to succeed and there's some good stuff in there - I actually feel just the ambient roaming around holds more attention than the pirates v pirates stuff - but it sounds a little too grind-y and repetitive for not really enough reward to be justified. I appreciate their attempts to tackle the problem of power scaling with players, but on the flip it can feel a little pointless putting in 20 hours to get a slightly more shiny sword that acts the same as a dull rusty one.

Keeping an eye on it. But it seems to need a bit more time in the oven yet.

11 minutes ago, Truth said:
On 3/14/2018 at 10:24 AM, Kodiak said:

Sea of Thieves

On 3/14/2018 at 5:39 AM, DamonD7 said:

Sea of Thieves

Now that it's been out for a couple of weeks, how do you guys like it? I think it's pretty cool, but I still don't think it's worth $60... You're literally only playing for cosmetics, which I hate.

As I'm on PS4, SoT is not available to me. So I'm eagerly awaiting Skull and Bones. Should be pretty great. I just wonder which will be a superior pirate game? Pirate and Old West games are my favorite genres. 

7 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Yeeeaaah....I decided in the end to hold off for a month or so to get some better idea of what SoT is like and what they're going to add.

Currently, I'm feeling that was a good call. I want it to succeed and there's some good stuff in there - I actually feel just the ambient roaming around holds more attention than the pirates v pirates stuff - but it sounds a little too grind-y and repetitive for not really enough reward to be justified. I appreciate their attempts to tackle the problem of power scaling with players, but on the flip it can feel a little pointless putting in 20 hours to get a slightly more shiny sword that acts the same as a dull rusty one.

Keeping an eye on it. But it seems to need a bit more time in the oven yet.

I agree 100%. I'm only playing it because it's on the game pass. It is fun, but completely pointless. You don't actually progress, just unlock missions that have better rewards. I don't give a shit how shiny my sword is. All that does is show other people that you might have better loot for them to steal.

7 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

As I'm on PS4, SoT is not available to me. So I'm eagerly awaiting Skull and Bones. Should be pretty great. I just wonder which will be a superior pirate game? Pirate and Old West games are my favorite genres. 

HA! Although, you're really not missing much. It's entertaining, but totally pointless.

I've played it quite a bit and I've done everything the game has to offer. Fought the Kraken 3 times, done 20 Skull forts, done countless amounts of GT/OoS/Merchant company voyages and had all sorts of battles with other players. The game has a solid foundation to build on, but right now it is severely lacking in content.

It's also a big grind fest. To put it into context, I got to levels 30/30/25 within a few days of doing skull forts. That was about 2 weeks ago, and I'm now at 34/33/26. It slows down far too much past 30 and it's at the point where I don't want to do it anymore. Long voyages doing the same 'go here, dig this up/kill this/catch this animal, bring it back' stuff over and over again for meager reputation gains is very demotivating. I want to reach 50/50/50 so I can get the Pirate Legend status, but I'm not prepared to do the same few things for about another 100 or so hours to get it.

It needs more adding to it and it needs it very soon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

It needs more adding to it and it needs it very soon.

It sure does... It's kind of funny to see people complain about F13 being too repetitive, then playing SoT. The empty drawer simulator has nothing on SoT lol

Decided to pick up an older game whilst I wait for the impending f13 update. I am returning to Skyrim with the Xbox One complete package download that was on offer. I absolutely love the intro music! This time round I have started with a khajitt character as I have never played a cat-person, also to have some fun I am going no weapons as they have a claw bonus for unarmed combat, it turns out that this can be quite a powerful character build if you stick to it. So to recap: awesome music and a fisting cat-man!

- I never know which side to pick for the civil war: Imperial or Stormcloak?

14 hours ago, a kamikaze man said:

Decided to pick up an older game whilst I wait for the impending f13 update. I am returning to Skyrim with the Xbox One complete package download that was on offer. I absolutely love the intro music! This time round I have started with a khajitt character as I have never played a cat-person, also to have some fun I am going no weapons as they have a claw bonus for unarmed combat, it turns out that this can be quite a powerful character build if you stick to it. So to recap: awesome music and a fisting cat-man!

- I never know which side to pick for the civil war: Imperial or Stormcloak?

Does Skyrim count as old when Bethesda won't stop re-releasing it 7 years later? At this rate they never need to make another game again.

I very nearly got the Xbone version of Skyrim, for the sake of the mods, before ultimately deciding that a game I put about (gulp) 750 hours combined in to was one that I'd pretty much mined almost every bit of enjoyment out of anyway. Fired up the Xbox 360 version instead, played around on an old save for 3 hours, and had my fill that way instead.

I had 5 characters so it depended on their allegiance, but my main guy went Imperial. Ulfric had good intentions but the wrong methods.

Skull and Bones is also on my list! I'm curious how much they'll take from Assassin's Creed as the baseline and how much will be added on. Even the relatively small information so far sounds like it'll see a lot more mechanics added on, along with the different kinds of game rules.

I've been playing a lot of Lego Avengers lately,  I went from 24% to 69% in about a week worth of play time. 

9 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Does Skyrim count as old when Bethesda won't stop re-releasing it 7 years later? At this rate they never need to make another game again.

Good question! I say old purely because it has been out such a longtime. I don't have any intention of playing E.S.O: The Cash Cow, I reckon we won't see another proper elder scrolls game for several years until the milk dries out and the cow dies for E.S.O.

6 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I very nearly got the Xbone version of Skyrim, for the sake of the mods, before ultimately deciding that a game I put about (gulp) 750 hours combined in to was one that I'd pretty much mined almost every bit of enjoyment out of anyway. Fired up the Xbox 360 version instead, played around on an old save for 3 hours, and had my fill that way instead.

I had 5 characters so it depended on their allegiance, but my main guy went Imperial. Ulfric had good intentions but the wrong methods.

That's a lot of hours of game play! I completed the game on 360 as an argonian Daedric Knight/Conjurer who later became a vampire with the dawn guard dlc. This time round the game comes with all the other dlcs included so there is a lot of extra content for me to play.

I tend to swing Stormcloak as their story is more compelling and has more unique characters - even if the first npc one you meet is already dead. I hate the Nazi Adlmeri Dominion and their Gestapo agents and don't like the Imperials letting them kill people like they own the place. However saying that I don't want to split the Empire up either or double cross the jarl of Whiterun who is friendly and helpful. Then again it strikes me as funny when you side Imperial and then kill the Emperor for the Dark Brotherhood! I know its a game but politics makes my head spin!

• Like 1

Edit: In hindsight, this should've been a pm...

Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle. 

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Ewok Hunt mode)

Overwatch

Dead or Alive 5

got another japanese video game recently,this one was Gundam Seed Battle Destiny for the Vita.It's the 6th game in the Gundam Battle series(The first 5 games were on PSP,i have 3 of those),anmd i recently beat sotry mode,and it was alot of fun.I don't have a Vita,but i have the Playstation TV system,which can play some Vita games on a hdtv,but not all of them.The only 2 games i encountered that weren't compatible with Playstation TV were Mortal Kombat and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

Also been playing Secret of Mana remake for PS4 and Resident Evil Revelations for 3DS.

Yesterday i finally bought a physical disc version of Friday The 13th,instead of staying with the digital version.I like the bloody Jason skins that came with the disc,it lets me use them in the offline modes,which is nice.Also picked up River City Tokyo Rumble for 3DS,it's part of the old River City Ransom/Kunio series,it's lots of fun,but hard to find,and also came with an 8-bit sprite keychain of Kunio.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JF13 said:

Yesterday i finally bought a physical disc version of Friday The 13th,instead of staying with the digital version.I like the bloody Jason skins that came with the disc,it lets me use them in the offline modes,which is nice.Also picked up River City Tokyo Rumble for 3DS,it's part of the old River City Ransom/Kunio series,it's lots of fun,but hard to find,and also came with an 8-bit sprite keychain of Kunio.

River City Ransom? Now that's gaming done right! I've imagined in my head several times Jason approaching like 4 Chads and they say, "This is the Chad's turf!"

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 10:54 PM, The Tommy said:

River City Ransom? Now that's gaming done right! I've imagined in my head several times Jason approaching like 4 Chads and they say, "This is the Chad's turf!"

Yup,i've been a fan of the Kunio/River City Ransom series since the days of the NES.I was able to get a few of the american games that did get released over here,plus i imported a few of the japanese ones we didn't get.It is a fun series.

I will be eventually playing XCOM 2 as right now it's free to download for PS Plus users. Just waiting for a good chunk of time on the weekend to delve into it. 

Killer Instinct

Currently, I go back and forth between Black Ops 3 and Battlefront II. I almost exclusively man Kylo Ren for dark side and Luke Skywalker for light side on hero battles and I don't play any other modes. On black ops 3, I play zombies, sticks and stones, and kill confirmed. I'm pretty good at zombies, but the other two I started out awful on and am slowly reaching the status of just okay lol.

Still playing Overwatch and Friday the 13th and State of Decay 2. On the latter, really got my base in a nice position. Holding off 'finishing' with the legacy goals because my fiancée is much further back (still has almost all her plague hearts about) and I want to help her get there first.

Recently polished off Deadlight: Director's Cut. Love the art style, less enthused about the instakill stop/start nature of the game itself. Really worked against it.

I'm currently going through Grow Up. It's a bit of a fight with the controls, lots of inertia so can be frustrating, but it does a very good job of portraying scope and scale and it's a pretty chill time.

Set to finally start Assassin's Creed: Origins at the weekend, should enjoy that.

Also got Vermintide II coming to Xbone on July 11th, so might finally spring for the DLC levels on Verminitide I and finish those off as a primer.

DARK SOULS 1 REMASTERED,

DARK SOULS 3,

T.C. GHOST RECON WILDLANDS,

T.C. DIVISION,

NIOH