deathbat96777

Rate/review the last horror movie you watched/saw

The autopsy of Jane Doe 10/10 

Wonderful storyline , soundtracks , amount of horror , acting and all.

Perfect if you wanna watch a chilling horror movie and not get trauma afterwards.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DeadDuck said:

The autopsy of Jane Doe 10/10 

Wonderful storyline , soundtracks , amount of horror , acting and all.

Perfect if you wanna watch a chilling horror movie and not get trauma afterwards.

Fantastic film!  One of the best of the last few years IMO ... need to see it again soon.

I honestly don't know why, but I've been getting the urge to watch that horror movie starring Kane from the WWE, I don't remember what it is called at the moment.

I haven't seen it yet. Is it a legit horror movie?

On 8/4/2018 at 6:28 PM, deathbat96777 said:

10 out of 10 for the TCM remake? Why? You do realize that a ten means it's a perfect movie, right?

i absolutely love the remake, one of my favorite films , the original is also a 10 in my eyes

I would give the remake a 7 out of 10, it had a lot of cool kills and I loved R Lee Ermey's performance, but the rest of the film was lacking to me. I didn't like the characters, didn't like the story, etc. So much of it was a rehash and to me the rest was poorly written, but it gets a seven for the kills and R Lee Ermey alone. This is also my favorite Leatherface aesthetically. Maybe not mannerisms and acting wise, but aesthetically, this is my favorite Leatherface

On 8/10/2018 at 4:01 PM, ShaunAburame said:

I honestly don't know why, but I've been getting the urge to watch that horror movie starring Kane from the WWE, I don't remember what it is called at the moment.

I haven't seen it yet. Is it a legit horror movie?

See No Evil 1 + 2

not really horror but quite disturbing

9/10 for the original italian version, the english dub is horrible XD

salo-or-the-120-days-of-sodom.jpg

On 8/16/2018 at 12:38 AM, Ozzman123 said:

Kind of cant believe someone put this up with a 9/10 rating. Have you checked out Serbian Film then? If you are into that repulsive shock, yet artsy film, try it out. Personally, I cant do these types of films.

The new Puppet Master: Littlest Reich. 9/10. If you can enjoy a movie that doesn't take itself seriously, has some great jokes, and Troma style gore, buy it now. This is my favorite film from this year so far. If you are looking for serious horror, dont do it. If you are looking for a movie to show you something you haven't seen before, try it out.

On 8/15/2018 at 11:38 PM, Ozzman123 said:

Which version did you see? I was honestly considering buying a copy but I'd hate to miss out on something.

21 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Which version did you see? I was honestly considering buying a copy but I'd hate to miss out on something.

i have the uncut bluray from Criterion has both Italian and English Dub, the Italian just seems more natural and fitting

https://www.amazon.com/Salò-Sodom-Criterion-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B005D0RDO8/ref=tmm_mfc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1534993944&sr=8-1

last one i watched, give it a 8/10 amazing gore

91kwYg1rpBL._SX342_.jpg

Freddy vs Jason...….

Phew……I am gonna give it...……………..6/10. The movie is good….but I didn't really like it to be honest.

Jason was just too afraid of water , Jason was portrayed much too strong and too vulnerable. And they kinda made it look Freddy actually won. Probably great for ANOES Fans but I am a F13 fan.....and it didn't satisfy me. Yeah , I know both can never die but it looked like Freddy would win in the fight…...which just seems wrong in my opinion.

Also , there is just something off with the blood. 

I loved Ken's portrayal of Jason (one of my favorites). Even though I think Kane's portrayal can be Pretty Weird sometimes….I think it would have been better for the movie.

I think they should have portrayed Jason different....I liked that Jason was very strong (I recommend watching that movie if you think Jason is supposed to be weak in Groups)…..but he was also very vulnerable...…...which I didn't like.

And atmosphere…..I didn't like it. 

Wasn't good for my nerves as a Jason Lover.....but I have a Question to you guys , why is this one of the most hated movies of the F13 Franchise? 

But I liked how they set up the fight.

I just want to see a better rematch. I think Freddy was given too much love.

And the kills?......hmm…..Well , they were very differently from the F13 Franchise. The one Freddy kill was good though. That captured ANOES really good….Which kinda led me to think that Robert had a big influence on the movie and Kane probably would have had too.

For me , it's not Canon (and for some reason I consider JGTH Canon) but a What if Scenario.

And apparently Pinhead was supposed to Show up in the end.....

I am gonna have to watch Jason X again to end it.

…..But the corn field Scene was awesome.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:18 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

Kind of cant believe someone put this up with a 9/10 rating. Have you checked out Serbian Film then? If you are into that repulsive shock, yet artsy film, try it out. Personally, I cant do these types of films.

The new Puppet Master: Littlest Reich. 9/10. If you can enjoy a movie that doesn't take itself seriously, has some great jokes, and Troma style gore, buy it now. This is my favorite film from this year so far. If you are looking for serious horror, dont do it. If you are looking for a movie to show you something you haven't seen before, try it out.

I've got a pretty strong stomach so the gore / repulsion side of these films doesn't bother me ... but they do leave me sort of depressed. Never use to bother me in my younger days, but pushing late 30s now I wonder whether I want to use the little free time I have to be depressed by a film.

On Salo, I've read the plot synopsis but never seen it.  It sounds pretty rough, but how bad is it?  The worst I've seen is probably Irreversible, Men Behind The Sun or The Human Centipede. Not sure I'd put myself through Salo or Serbian Film, but I'm still intrigued ...

1 minute ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I've got a pretty strong stomach so the gore / repulsion side of these films doesn't bother me ... but they do leave me sort of depressed. Never use to bother me in my younger days, but pushing late 30s now I wonder whether I want to use the little free time I have to be depressed by a film.

On Salo, I've read the plot synopsis but never seen it.  It sounds pretty rough, but how bad is it?  The worst I've seen is probably Irreversible, Men Behind The Sun or The Human Centipede. Not sure I'd put myself through Salo or Serbian Film, but I'm still intrigued ...

Salo is more on the gross side really, Shitty Meals[pun intended] , torture and rape of the children, and some disturbing sex stories . i had a hard time with the poo eating but it's not too bad after that, heard the book is even worse, Serbian film to me just looks like gore and sex

34 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I hear ya. I am 36 so Salo and Serbian film are out for me now. I thought Irreversible was a marvelous film. I hate rape as shock in films, but the way its directed and pieced together, along qith character development and some of the shots made it a great film to me. Martyrs is another one I have trouble sitting through now. Absolutely loved the film nearly a decade ago though.

If you can handle Men Behind the Sun, you can probably do Salo. there is enough integrity to it to make it a decent film. I dont think any father should watch Serbian Film. Although its leagues ahead of August Underground in terms of artistic integrity. I thought AU trilogy was pure trash.

I love gore. I can handle most torture scenes. Philosophy of a Knife is doable to me. However brutal rape scenes and such are not for me. Especially a baby and children.

Human Centipede cracks me up as I think of some guy sitting in a drawing board room saying "i really want to accentuate the lighting on his face as his lips are being sewn to their asshole"

I have a bunch of flicks bought on digital that I haven't watched yet. They include: Paranormal Activity, Wrong Turn, Dracula, Maniac Cop, Frankenstein, Drag Me to Hell, Rosemary's Baby, The Ring, Happy Death Day,  The Birds, Poltergeist, Cabin in the Woods, Sorority Row (remake), Last House on the Left (remake), Black Christmas (original), You're Next, Fright Night (remake), Dawn of the Dead (remake), The Exorcist, Sleepaway Camp, Salem's Lot (original), Trick or Treat (remake), and A Quiet Place. 

On 8/28/2018 at 8:01 PM, deathbat96777 said:

I have a bunch of flicks bought on digital that I haven't watched yet. They include: Paranormal Activity, Wrong Turn, Dracula, Maniac Cop, Frankenstein, Drag Me to Hell, Rosemary's Baby, The Ring, Happy Death Day,  The Birds, Poltergeist, Cabin in the Woods, Sorority Row (remake), Last House on the Left (remake), Black Christmas (original), You're Next, Fright Night (remake), Dawn of the Dead (remake), The Exorcist, Sleepaway Camp, Salem's Lot (original), Trick or Treat (remake), and A Quiet Place. 

Sounds like you have a busy weekend and a lot of reviews coming.

I just caught sorority Row remake on slashics on Shudder the other day. Wasn't a big fan. 

For the Fright Night remake, thought it had a couple alright parts, namely David Tennant parts. Colin and Anton gave trash performances to me. Though David Tennant made a few parts fun, he is no replacement for Roddy Mcdowall in my opinion. Also, the original Evil Ed is the best. Though the remake one is fun, not the same. Most people enjoyed this more than I did though.

I still need to watch A quiet Place. I am disappointed in myself for not getting around to this one yet. 

Love original Salem's Lot. The soundtrack might be my favorite Waxwork Record release.

I meant to say Don't Breathe, not Quiet Place. The original Evil Dead is my favorite of the four as well. The remake is actually my second favorite believe it or not

On 9/1/2018 at 1:40 PM, deathbat96777 said:

I meant to say Don't Breathe, not Quiet Place. The original Evil Dead is my favorite of the four as well. The remake is actually my second favorite believe it or not

Haha i meant Evil Ed as in the friend of Charlie Brewster from Fright Night.

Evil Dead 2 is actually my fav. Followed by original then Army of Darkness. Though I did enjoy the remake throroughly. Its only because Bruce Campbell is probably my favorite actor. Christopher Lee being second. 

My favorite actors are Donald Pleasence, James Franco, Robert Downey Jr., Tom Atkins, Mark Hamill, Sam Jackson, Bruce Campbell, Michael J. Fox, Leslie Nielsen and Christopher Lloyd. 

Maniac Cop- 8/10

Sorority Row (remake)- 6.5/10 

4 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Dawn of the Dead (2004)- 8.5./10

Going to watch the original later and will rate it as well

Do you already own it? I've been trying to find a decent copy of it but not much luck on my end.