Sign in to follow this  
deathbat96777

Rate/review the last horror movie you watched/saw

Someone posted this on another forum I get on (although not horror specific) and I figured it would be fun to play with on here. I'll start out! You don't have to full blown review, if you're not in a detail oriented mood, you can just "insert movie title here" and put "insert rating on scale of one to ten". 

I've been having a bit of a horror marathon the past few days. The Evil Dead was available for free with ads on Vudu the other day, so I finally watched it. I enjoyed it so much that I bought Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, which then somehow lead to me buying the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake (which I had also never seen) and Jason X (which I had only ever seen twice and wanted to give a third chance). 

The Evil Dead- 9.5/10

Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn- 8.5/10

Army of Darkness- 7.5/10 

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003 version)- 6.5/10

Jason X- 6/10  I'll comment briefly on this one. I normally would give Jason X a two or a four, but upon a third viewing, I have a lot more tolerance for it. It promised a cheesy Friday movie in space, and that's exactly what it is, and for that, it gets bumped up quite a bit. It also has plenty of cool kills, and the way Jason works in space is actually practical. While far fetched, going the Uber Jason route fits the space theme well. 

The last one I saw? Ok 

Friday the 13th (2009)

Some good gory kills. I didn’t care too much for the characters but I liked the costume for Jason. A solid 7/10

Death Day

Horror version of Groundhog Day with some comedy elements as well.   A lot of copy and paste and I didn't feel satisfied after the end.

5/10

Annabelle

I thought this was okay, not the best.  Some good jump scares.  Hard to find doll movies these days so I'll bump the score  +1.

7/10

Cult Of Chucky

Somewhat okay chucky movie.  A lot of dark humor.  Not as good as part 1 or 2.

5.5/10

The last horror film I watched was Cult of Chucky, I have seen bits and pieces of all the films but I did do research on what happened.

7.5/10 for me

I'm surprised the franchise wasn't rebooted, but it was creepy and I felt Andy was just a side character even though they made him look like to be the main one. It is scary that Fiona looks a lot like her father, Brad Dourif (voice of Chucky). It had some creative kills (especially the one involving an oxygen tank and glass), but it was cool. Since Curse of Chucky, it seems Don Mancini wants to bring Child's Play back to it's scary roots with some hints of comedy.

Friday the 13th (2009)

Rate: 3/10

Couldn't get 20 minutes into the movie without getting bored and falling asleep. 

Instead go watch The Office, a classic hilarious comedy! Instead of boring myself watching a remake I can watch something that makes me want to p*ss my pants :D

The last Horror??? film I saw was The Belko Experiment. I watched it because a buddy recommended it. Apparently he saw something in it that I didn't. The practical gore effects were done pretty well, some of the humor landed for me (most didn't), and the acting was ok. I'm not sure if the final result was was what James Gunn envisioned when he wrote this but I felt that, overall, the film was just average. I didn't hate it, but I surely won't be buying it. 5/10 for me.

Creep 2. Just like the original it's a weeeeeiiird found footage film and I was totally into it. 8.5/10.

Jason Goes to Hell - 6/10 

I still enjoy the first quarter or so but then it gets worse, im not against the body jumping really but what the hell is with the shaving scene??? How does Jason know how to shave exactly anyways! Lol. This is the first time i have seen the unrated version so the kills are better and i really love his design in this one, i main this look in the game at the moment. So yeah ok movie but definitely still at the bottom of the franchise 

Scream 2- 8/10

I loved the plot twists and mystery of this movie, but not as much as the first. Still a great entry, but had a lot more corny parts than the first. 

1 minute ago, deathbat96777 said:

Scream 2- 8/10

I loved the plot twists and mystery of this movie, but not as much as the first. Still a great entry, but had a lot more corny parts than the first. 

Screams were always great films. Always had wonderful suspense and mystery.

• Like 1

Jigsaw - 7/10 

Alot of hate for this one but i found it fun overall and as watchable as all the other Saw films, looking forward to another