deathbat96777

Rate/review the last horror movie you watched/saw

It (2017): I have always loved the older writings of Stephen King, and while the original movie (mini series) was chopped and edited to hell and back for tv, I love Tim Curry as Pennywise as he is one of my favorite actors. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised at how well they did keeping a lot true to the book, as well as making it more accessible to the younger generation by changing the timeline. Overall I felt it was great, probably one of the best adaptations of any book written by him outside of Pet Semetary. And one of the best big budget horror films I have seen in a long time. Also pleased they stuck with the horror and gore element and went for the R rating versus making another watered down PG-13 (The Dark Tower) or tv version that is chopped and neutered for a larger target audience. 8/10 (I give it 8 for the fact they changed the timeline as I am a stickler for keeping things true to the source material, but understand why they did and is forgivable.)

The Banshee Chapter: This is a low budget B movie. But being that the story deals with conspiracy theory and such it piqued my interest. I have to say it drew me in and I ended up loving it. Script and acting wasn't the best, but with this one it was more of the psychological aspect of it as well as having a character based loosely on Hunter S. Thompson, in a horror flick brought the right amount of comic relief, and was the icing on top for me. SFX aren't the greatest either but I can respect what the writers and director brought to the table for this straight to video release and I and my wife enjoyed ourselves immensely. Give this one a 7/10

The Void

8/10

This was a film I found searching through the horror section on Netflix and it was actually pretty good especially if your into movie monster makeup. They did a amazing job with the monsters in the film!!! 

I don't even remember the last one I watched...but I do remember the one that spooked me the most as a kid and forever rendered any other horror movies unable to scare me anymore.

The Grudge:

I don't know what it was that made it so spooky to me, but it did. Made every other horror movie less scary by comparison. Maybe it was the fact that the curse of the house carried over anywhere you go, or maybe it was how the ghosts could alter reality to frighten the afflicted, or maybe it was because some bitch got pulled into a freaking mirror or sucked into her own bed sheets. I don't know, but it scared me.

8/10

The sequels were not as scary as the first, especially the 3rd one. (Yes, there as three movies) The second one was a little better story wise since it explained what happened in detail rather than through bits and pieces like the first one. The 3rd one sort of leave rooms for a fourth movie, considering how one ghost was exorcised but a second ghost was unintentionally manifested.

Oh man... I watched ,,Wait Until Dark´´

I thought it would be kinda like Friday the 13th part 2 because the killer has a sackhead.

I thought ,,Why not?´´ , but at first the killer talked unlike Jason... But Freddy talks too so I looked past that.

But the kills.... they are pretty terrible (atleast in my opinion [I can´t really think you can like them]). You can probably watch them on YouTube if you want. But that one kill.... I am just going to explain that : The killer had a trumpet (or something similar like that) and put... a knife on it.... He stabbed someones back with it....Yeah...

Well I like to be on the side of the killer but that movie made that impossible...

Maybe someone likes that movie and I won´t have a Problem with it but I hate that movie.

2/100

A 2 just to not sound like a total a-hole.

Downrange

Pretty decent for what it is. Takes about 10 minutes to get started, and the gore is alright.

Check it out, not the greatest acting, some of the kids are annoying. They don't last long.

Rob Zombie's Halloween- 7.5/10  I've saw this movie at least eleven times since middle school (unrated 4 times, theatrical 5 times, workprint twice). Decided to give it another watch with my dad the other day since he's only saw it twice over the course of the past decade. I thoroughly enjoy the movie for the most part, but what really kills it is the last half. Laurie, Lynda, and Annie just aren't connectable as protagonists and they honestly really got on my nerves for most of the movie they were in. Their dialogue was cringe-worthy and they all seemed to basically be written as the same character. There were also some obvious plot holes, like why the heck doesn't Haddonfield have more cops, and why weren't more road blocks and security precautions set up considering Michael Myers killed at least 15 people JUST WHILE ESCAPING! I also thought all the language was unrealistic. I can understand certain characters being potty mouths, but not literally everyone talks like that. When you even have the cops and Dr. Loomis talking like that, it just comes off like Rob Zombie is making everyone talk the way he talks as opposed to writing out real, fleshed out character.s 

Carrie (1976)- 8.5/10 I had never saw this one before last night. Can definitely say it's one of my new favorites. I found the character of Carrie to be insanely relatable and I see her as more of an anti-hero than a horror villain.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge- 7.5/10- I rewatched this movie last night (third time seeing it) and while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I just felt like it ended too anti-climatically and the kills weren't very creative. Also, what was Freddy's true motive? His plan of taking over Jessie's body seemed insanely sloppy and ill-planned and it was so easily foiled. I also found it confusing trying to know when it was a dream and when it wasn't, and it also wasn't clear how Freddy went back into the dream world, the real world, or whatever after his supposed "death" at the end of the original. 

A quiet place 2/10 I went in with hihj expectations that were destroyed. 

The Babadook 7/10

Really enjoyed it didnt expect much was 

Surprised 

Lake Mungo (2008) ... 9/10

One of the best thrillers I've seen in years. Genuinely creepy but also very sad and a fantastic exploration of grief.  Not overly long and best to watch knowing nothing about it.

Friday the 13th Part VII : The New Blood

I give it a Friday Rating and not a movie in General Rating.

3.8/10

Well , this movie....hmmm...Jason was in there , that was the best Thing. Tina was pretty neat but she fucked up Jason too much , if....(I get later to that Point)

The Characters were never so unimportant and forgettable! Except Tina and maybe her mother...and Nick was pretty cool too but everyone other........was:nah.jpg.0ded9079007162e60506df74dac01daa.jpg

I don´t have anything against that concept with the movie (That Jason is resurrected , Tina with telekinetic powers and stuff like that) but it was pretty boring. But them Jason finally got to work............BUT IT WAS FUCKING CENSORED HEAVILY..........I saw some of the raw footage which was awesome but really bad Quality. Jason looked awesome , no doubt there.

So what was bad?

Characters? Check.

Kills? Check.

....uhm...I actually don´t know more but whatever.

So what if These very important Things are bad? What´s there to save this movie? Jasons Actions , acting and portrayal. Luckily Kane Hodder played as Jason.........but I hated how he portrayed him in Part VII. Don´t get me wrong , he is great in the Game and in Jason X (I haven´t watched Part VIII and IX yet). But he played him so....unnaturally. Look at the Scene where he is on Fire. Why did he do nothing? He could have definitely done something. Well he also ducked once , which I don´t really mind but I think it´s worth noting. But............the chase of Tina......was terrible......He got fucked up by Tina sooooooo much and heavily.......and what happens if you fuck with Jason? You should probably die and he is fucking angry now!......But he wasn´t.......When he was about to go up the stairs , I thought now it´s probably starting. Jason has gotten enough of that shit , Tina!......but he walked up the stairs like my grandma on a tuesday! Like what the fuck? I get it , it´s Zombie Jason , can´t run and that but why was C.J.Graham then pretty fast and almost acted always angry (and in my opinion also happily angry)? I thought , maybe Jason is interested because he never saw some telekinetic powers and that and was curious what else could happen. But sometime eventually he would have had enough and get going. No one damaged him so badly without ,,killing´´ him! SHE SQUEEZED HIS HEAD SO HARD , THAT SOME FLUIDS CAME OUT OF HIS HEAD! NO WONDER , THAT HIS PREVIOUS STATS IN-GAME WERE SO BAD! I dunno , maybe he got a bad day and twisted his ankle while getting resurrected or something like that.

So , just to say though , It´s my least favorite Friday the 13th (and probably will always be) , I liked Jason X a much more , Part V was censored even more but got really cool characters , Part III , IV and VI are masterpieces and Part I and Part II got better kills , better characters , an interesting Style of Jason with all the wrestle and that , Pamela was so cool and it was a cool plot Twist , even if a shortly plot Twist. Not only that but they also started the Franchise.

Ok so I just saw one of the greatest horror comedies in recent memory : Dude Bro Party Massacre 3

It had me laughing out loud the entirety of the film and the practical effects are great. The premise is absolutely ridiculous and the overacting is the best Ive ever seen. If you like horror comedies do yourself a favor and check out Dude Bro Party Massacre 3! Move over Poultrygeist : Night of the Chicken Dead, this one takes the crown.

Halloween II (1981) Theatrical Version- 8/10 Rewatched this for the fifteen or sixteenth time. Some of the dialogue is really corny and the editing is choppy at times, acting could be better, etc. but over all a great movie. 

Halloween II (1981) TV Version- 6/10 the edits make no sense, some scenes are placed in weird spots, and some that were essential to the plot and (mostly) completely innocent are gone altogether. The extra scenes are nothing exciting and the fact I've waited since I was 11 to see this get an official release only to find out it's a version that is way more edited and watered down than what I grew up watching on AMC is highly disappointing. The tv version I have always been associated with only edited out the bad words, cropped the scene with nudity (and blurred certain parts) and made it so that Jimmy falls backwards and hits his head in the explosion instead of passing out in the car. Those were the only differences. Apparently there's multiple versions of the tv edit and the one I watched was just... awful.