Graverob

1000 matches as Jason needs to be changed

Let's do some math real quick. Let's say that you play 8 matches a day for a total of about 2 hours and get to be Jason at least once a day and you played everyday. That means that in order to get this achievement legitimately it would take you 1000 days or 2.7 years of playing everyday for 2 hours a day for a total of 2000 hours. THAT IS INSANE!!!!! I have nothing against grinding for trophies and I'm willing to do it if it's within reason but COME ON! Over 2 1/2 years of grinding just to get one trophy is totally unreasonable. This achievement should be lowered WAY down to somewhere reasonable. Playing 1000 matches as a counselor is one thing, you can do that legit in a few month. At the VERY LEAST they should make it to where it counts towards the trophy when playing against offline bots. Please change this GUN Media.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Amen! Counter in the connectivity issues that have been my only main gripe since launch and you get an even more implausible scenario. I think they should chance the trophies from "Play 500 multiplayer matches as Jason" and "Play 1,000 multiplayer matches as Jason" to "Play 250 multiplayer matches as Jason" and "Play 500 multiplayer matches as Jason" 

Or just take the multiplayer aspect of it out and allow Offline to count towards the goal. Those who have completed the trophies have resulted to Private matches. 

• Like 2

@GunMedia @ShiftySamurai

250 and 500 is reasonable.

I'm at 98% for 500 matches as Jason.

35% for 1,000 matches as Jason.

1,000+ hours played on Xbox One.

Level 150.

Need 2 achievements for 100%.

Too much grinding for not having dedicated servers on consoles.

Host quits and no credit towards the achievement as Jason.

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Or just take the multiplayer aspect of it out and allow Offline to count towards the goal. Those who have completed the trophies have resulted to Private matches. 

Yeah this is probably the best solution.

• Like 1

This is one of the dumbest trophies/achievements out there.

I don't think they'll fix it, some backer probably paid to come up with it.

10 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@GunMedia @ShiftySamurai

Need 2 achievements for 100%.

If you are on Xbox One, do not go after unlocking those last two Achievements if you want to keep playing this game!

If you are on Xbox One, the last thing you want to do is unlock all the achievements for 100% completion 1000G as you will NEVER be able to play the game again due to the persistent crashing bug that prevents you from completing a single game in every mode except for walking around in the VC 2.0. The game literally crashes to the dashboard after playing a very loud error noise that sounds like someone running a chainsaw. 

Illfonic claims to have figured out the cause of the bug and that they are working on a fix for an upcoming patch and that was two weeks ago. I just feel really bad for those hardcore Achievement hunters who posted about this problem on these forums and elsewhere back in September - October - November of last year. Their pleas for help were shrugged off as an isolated incident since most players don't have all Achievements and that it turns out to only affect Xbox players.

Had those thread(s) from some of the very first affected Xbox players been stickied instead of LOCKED or an Official dev/mod announcement made earlier than December 22, 2017 with a clear and defined warning about this bug and what it does to prevent you from playing then a bunch of us could have avoided this issue by simply no longer playing as Jason. The Spawn Preference change in the last update makes it so if you set yourself as Counselor you won't spawn in as Jason unless everyone else is doing the same and then who is chosen is random. I would suggest setting your Spawn Preference to Counselor if you are anywhere near getting the last Achievement(s) on Xbox One.

I look at the F13 Xbox completionists page on TrueAchievements.com and it keeps going up one by one every few weeks. I feel really bad for those people and everyone else that is experiencing this problem. I keep bringing this problem up whenever I see someone talking about getting all the Achievements because there is no clear announcement about this bug and what it does to prevent you from playing other than threads that have been LOCKED or pushed off the first page. The official announcement from Illfonic on their twitter and in the thread that I linked to below does not even mention that this 100% Achievement bug crashes your game 100% of the time no matter what you do which prevents you from playing and isn't stickied either.

If it's not fixed then the problem is only going to increase in the size of the Xbox player base that plays enough to get to 1000G in 2018 and the years to come.

WARNING: There is a very loud noise that plays during these videos which is the game crashing bug noise. Please lower your volume so you don't blow out your eardrums like those of us who have experienced this bug first hand in our own games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The trophy is fine. When you get it you really feel achieved. Kinda the point of an achievement. It's the only one I currently don't have and yea it does take a while but I'm a patient person. When I get it I will be really happy.

4 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

The trophy is fine. When you get it you really feel achieved. Kinda the point of an achievement. It's the only one I currently don't have and yea it does take a while but I'm a patient person. When I get it I will be really happy.

2000 hours of grinding for 1 trophy isn't worth it for ANY game. I'm not even sure I've ever played any game for 2000 hours. Sure if you don't have a job, family, or life in general then 2000 hours might not be that bad. But for the rest of us spending 2000 hours grinding for 1 trophy is too much to ask for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Graverob said:

2000 hours of grinding for 1 trophy isn't worth it for ANY game. I'm not even sure I've ever played any game for 2000 hours. Sure if you don't have a job, family, or life in general then 2000 hours might not be that bad. But for the rest of us spending 2000 hours grinding for 1 trophy is too much to ask for.

I agree completely.  while I understand many people may not care at all about getting all the trophies it is a big deal for plenty of gamers. Putting in such a hard obstacle as this is fairly crazy.
There are plenty games that can take a few hundred hours to 100% and many people are ok with that. Making someone have to go over 1000 hours for an achievement is too much.  Lucky people might get it closer to 1,000 hours, while some could easily go closer to 2,000 hours.  I'm about 300 hours hours placed with about 120 games as Jason. a LONG way from 1000 games.

I don't want this changed, I want to say that I have played 1000 matches as Jason and that it took a lot of hacking and slashing through counselors to get there.

1 hour ago, deathbat96777 said:

Is there a way to see how close you are on PS4?

Nope. I'm not even at 500 matches yet. If I had to guess I'd say I'm somewhere around 200-250.

3 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Is there a way to see how close you are on PS4?

I thought I read at some point last fall that trophy tracking was supposed to be coming. 

I feel like it wouldn't be that hard for the devs to look at our accounts or the in game online files and see our progress. It has to be in there in order to trigger earning the trophies. 

On 1/6/2018 at 12:27 PM, 102G said:

I thought I read at some point last fall that trophy tracking was supposed to be coming. 

I never got it :( 

I just want to know how close I am to getting the trophy for killing 666 counselors. I play bots and get 8 out of 8 every time every day, and I play about 10 matches a day, so that means I'm getting around 80 kills a day, and I already had about 250 to 300 kills before bots as far as I know (just guesstimating). Would like to know where I'm at with it now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deathbat96777 said:

I just want to know how close I am to getting the trophy for killing 666 counselors. I play bots and get 8 out of 8 every time every day, and I play about 10 matches a day, so that means I'm getting around 80 kills a day, and I already had about 250 to 300 kills before bots as far as I know (just guesstimating). Would like to know where I'm at with it now

I'm not sure single player counts for the trophies that involve killing counselors. I know it doesn't for the trophies that have you play as Jason. SP should count for all trophies. Heck, PS4 is even missing two trophies (the one where you find H20 Delirious's tombstone and the one where you have to be Tiffany and you have to survive the night alone. Everyone else has to be dead). Us PS4 players unfortunately have the hardest time with trophies. 

Trophy tracking should've been included a long time ago for all games. IDK why Sony hasn't implemented it yet. Games that have a lot of trophies that involve doing the same thing multiple times like F13 and DbD really need it. I'm hoping the devs for both of those games implement trophy tracking soon.

I agree. I only need the 500 and 1000 matches as Jason to platinum the game and I keep looking at the 1000 one and thinking fuck sake. It's actually bordering on impossible with the state the game is in.. which is just dogshit because in theory it's the easiest trophy as you don't really have to do anything. They purposefully made it high to keep you playing.. but the game will be dead before most people hit that 1000 matches. 

Just now, handzen said:

wondering if offline mode counts towards the trophy

They do not unfortunately.  They honestly should with how hard it is to complete an MP match without the host leaving.  At least that would alleviate some of the issues with these achievements.