Alkavian

Challenges for Offline Bots

OK. Here are a few things to try with offline bots if you get the chance. I'm sure others can come up with other things to do to add to this. The main thing is that all of these challenges must be done on the hard setting and there can be no survivors.

#1 Roster Kill:

You have to kill the counselors in the order that they appear on your "who's still alive" roster (up on d-pad on consoles).

#2 Context Kill Only:

You have to kill the counselors with an environmental kill; seek and destroy in hiding spots does not count.

#3 No Abilities:

You may not use Morph, Shift, Sense, or Stalk for the whole match. Thanks to @bewareofbears for this one.

#4 Kill Restricted v1:

You must use the longest kills available. No context/Seek and Destroy quickies. (Long Choke i.e. - Part 6 is a good choice for this since two of his spear kills take awhile). You also may not set bear traps or kill with throwing knives. You may not stop the car by breaking it. You can only pull counselors out if they crash it on their own.

#5 Kill Restricted v2:

You may only kill with throwing knives, bear traps, and drowning (toilets don't count).

#6 Raging Hateboner:

You may only kill when you have Rage mode. Yes, you must refrain from actually killing until Rage onset starts and THEN you must kill everyone before the end of the match. You can pull out all the stops to keep counselors wounded, running, and hiding...but you'll have to be quick once Rage comes on.

Just a few challenges to push yourself and get your skill level up. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Some of these are intense, I'll have to give them a try. So far I've done the following:

• Kill counselors in alphabetical order
  • No morph, sense, shift ot stalk
  • Alphabetical order and no morph sense, shift or stalk
  • Environmental Kills Only

I also suggest only killing counselors in hiding spots as a challenge.

• Like 1

@bewareofbears I watched your vid of using no abilities. I still need to give it a try. Alphabetical order? Damn dude! That is really putting some effort into sorting how you're gonna do it.:lol: I've been doing the environmental kills only a lot with this past double-XP. It really helped up the value of each offline match.

• Like 1

Those are indeed some challenging ideas guys. I had done a round of unique environmental kills only before. Meaning can't use same environmental kills. I kept trying to go for the newest ones in cabins, then whichever I could get that was different but fun to watch.

No abilities will be insane. 

Too bad most counselors aren't actually from movies. Otherwise you could do a chronological killing spree.

• Like 2

@Alkavian

You suggested killing them in some order so I went with alphabetical. Then some suggested alphabetical with no abilities. That was a pain but doable.

I tried your Roster Kill and was able to do it. Also tried Kill Restricted v2 but only got 5 of 7. I had tried a few days ago to kill with only traps and knives but they don't do enough damage. Adding drowning definitely helps but it's hard to get them to head to the water. Going to give it another try tomorrow.

@TheHansonGoons

No Abilities was a bitch at first but you get into the rhythm of it.

I'd like to see them allow us to select which counselors we want in Offline Bots, even duplicates.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alkavian said:

OK. Here are a few things to try with offline bots if you get the chance. I'm sure others can come up with other things to do to add to this. The main thing is that all of these challenges must be done on the hard setting and there can be no survivors.

#1 Roster Kill:

You have to kill the counselors in the order that they appear on your "who's still alive" roster (up on d-pad on consoles).

#2 Context Kill Only:

You have to kill the counselors with an environmental kill; seek and destroy in hiding spots does not count.

#3 No Abilities:

You may not use Morph, Shift, Sense, or Stalk for the whole match. Thanks to @bewareofbears for this one.

#4 Kill Restricted v1:

You must use the longest kills available. No context/Seek and Destroy quickies. (Long Choke i.e. - Part 6 is a good choice for this since two of his spear kills take awhile). You also may not set bear traps or kill with throwing knives. You may not stop the car by breaking it. You can only pull counselors out if they crash it on their own.

#5 Kill Restricted v2:

You may only kill with throwing knives, bear traps, and drowning (toilets don't count).

#6 Raging Hateboner:

You may only kill when you have Rage mode. Yes, you must refrain from actually killing until Rage onset starts and THEN you must kill everyone before the end of the match. You can pull out all the stops to keep counselors wounded, running, and hiding...but you'll have to be quick once Rage comes on.

Just a few challenges to push yourself and get your skill level up. :)

#1 I will definitely try this one. It seems like a difficult, yet doable challenge.

#2 I've tried this in private play in the past. The best I ever did was 6/8. I think I can beat that with these bots. We'll see.

#3 This seems pretty intense. I will have to try this one.

#4 Not breaking the car shouldn't be an issue. If the bots do manage to fix the car, they almost invariably crash it. Using the long kills could present a problem, as most of them require quite a bit of free space around the killing zone. Without testing, this sounds like it might be one of the more difficult ones that you have presented.

#5 Looks like fun. I must disagree with you on one point...Toilet drownings always count!! :P 

#6 Another tough one. Honestly, I think this is the toughest one. I will have to try it out to make sure, but it is cutting the time frame pretty close.

Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds like a great way to to pass some time and get some XP with the offline bots.

• Thanks 1

sadly none of this is do-able for me due to my learning disability,and how it affects my skills at video games or even my work duties at my job.For me,my offline bot challenge mode is me,trying to kill all the bots on Easy difficulty,without any escaping or outlasting the time limit.Sometimes i can do it,but other times 1 or 2 get away.When i want a challenge,i play on the small maps,or i play a big map as one of the Jason's who can't run( Still on Easy setting) .Those times,i only manage to get about 3 to 5 of them.There was one time today where i played on the Jarvis map as Part 6 Jason,and somehow i got them all,even though they didn't call the cops or call Tommy ( I can't remember if i even wiped out all the generators or not,try having memory problems on top of having a learning disability,every round is almost like playing the game for the 1st time all over again...lol)

21 hours ago, JF13 said:

sadly none of this is do-able for me due to my learning disability,and how it affects my skills at video games or even my work duties at my job.For me,my offline bot challenge mode is me,trying to kill all the bots on Easy difficulty,without any escaping or outlasting the time limit.Sometimes i can do it,but other times 1 or 2 get away.When i want a challenge,i play on the small maps,or i play a big map as one of the Jason's who can't run( Still on Easy setting) .Those times,i only manage to get about 3 to 5 of them.There was one time today where i played on the Jarvis map as Part 6 Jason,and somehow i got them all,even though they didn't call the cops or call Tommy ( I can't remember if i even wiped out all the generators or not,try having memory problems on top of having a learning disability,every round is almost like playing the game for the 1st time all over again...lol)

Keep with it man. You can only get better with practice. Don't let any disability get in the way you doing the best you can.?

10 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Alkavian, I completed your challenges. :) Kill Restricted v2 is definitely the toughest.

Great job man  I guess we'll have to find something harder for you BoB!?

• Like 1

Ok, just thought of another one. I don't know how this will play out with the current state of Bot AI, but here it goes.

#7 Vengeance

You may only kill counselors who injure you. You must kill in the order that they hurt Jason; so if a Chad and Vanessa both take a shot at you, kill the one who dealt damage first...then the next...so on and so forth. For purposes of this challenge, if Jason is hit by the car, the driver counts as having "attacked" Jason. The tendency for Bots to hide may make this one un-doable until further AI updates, but give it a shot and see how many you can finish off.

Edit: pulled it off first try with part 7. I guess even the bots like to go after him.?

16 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Great job man  I guess we'll have to find something harder for you BoB!?

Next on the list is to only kill counselors in hiding spots. I also want to do one where all I can do is slash. So...

• Hide & Seek & Destroy
  • Slasher

Edit:

@Alkavian- I like it, I'll give it a try. :)

• Like 1

Just now, bewareofbears said:

Next on the list is to only kill counselors in hiding spots. I also want to do one where all I can do is slash. So...

• Hide & Seek & Destroy
  • Slasher

A small addition to the Hide Seek & Destroy challenge is to do it while listening to Metallica's Seek and Destroy lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Great ideas. How about one where you channel Part I Jason and can only kill via drowning?

So brutal! I have yet to see an offline not in water. I wonder how many actually go in there per match. 

I can't believe you did all of these already BoB.

36 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Great ideas. How about one where you channel Part I Jason and can only kill via drowning?

Do toilets count? Lol. That would be tough as hell to herd them all into the water 

16 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Do toilets count? Lol. That would be tough as hell to herd them all into the water 

Sure. I was thinking it might not be too hard because the boys have an odd tendency to take a swim right when you're chasing them.

On January 6, 2018 at 7:25 PM, LadySansaLannister said:

On January 6, 2018 at 8:01 PM, Alkavian said:

I think it can be done- needs some luck and the right map though. Herding the counselors is tough and it's difficult to force them to go swimming. I tried walking them out while they were stuck in my grab and they would release in the water but be glitched out, untouchable.

On January 6, 2018 at 8:01 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

So brutal! I have yet to see an offline not in water. I wonder how many actually go in there per match. 

I can't believe you did all of these already BoB.

The bots never quit and there's no disconnects. :)

Edit:

@LadySansaLannister, it took some luck but was doable:

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 9:51 PM, Alkavian said:

I tried No Abilities; and surprisingly it is somewhat easy. It's a pain not to use shift when the counselor is a few 50 feet in front of you...but i resist and was able to do it. Well, well, well Tommy is my problem. :D I could not find him at all...i tried following your rules but it was impossible. I just had to use sense to find him!

On 1/5/2018 at 5:17 PM, Alkavian said:

Keep with it man. You can only get better with practice. Don't let any disability get in the way you doing the best you can.?

the best somewhat challenge i was able to do was on the Crystal Lake Small map,i managed to kill the 7 counselors,plus an 8th kill for Tommy while playing as Part 6 Jason!Usually when i play as a Jason that can't run,at least 2 escape me before the end of the match.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2018 at 8:51 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

@JF13 glad you found a mode that makes this game enjoyable for you at least! What platform do you play on?

PS4...i'm not good at player vs player games due to my disability.....usually i like co-op games vs bots.My friends in my personal life that game with me usually modify their normal tactics to give me some help during games.when i get my tax return money this year,i have to replace my old XBox that died....i got the Xbox version of the old Star Wars Battlefront 2 that does 4 player co-op splitscreen....that's one of our favorites,even after all these years....ranks right up there with Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 Plus for Gamecube,another 4 player splitscreen co-op game.

1 minute ago, JF13 said:

PS4...i'm not good at player vs player games due to my disability.....usually i like co-op games vs bots.My friends in my personal life that game with me usually modify their normal tactics to give me some help during games.when i get my tax return money this year,i have to replace my old XBox that died....i got the Xbox version of the old Star Wars Battlefront 2 that does 4 player co-op splitscreen....that's one of our favorites,even after all these years....ranks right up there with Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 Plus for Gamecube,another 4 player splitscreen co-op game.

I won't disagree with the original Xbox version of the original Battlefront 2. Storming the beach of Kashyyk is amazing. 

If you had played on Xbox One, I would have sent you an invite to play online with sometime. Try to give you a fun, thrilling experience as fellow counselors. Try to get you to escape with me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I won't disagree with the original Xbox version of the original Battlefront 2. Storming the beach of Kashyyk is amazing. 

If you had played on Xbox One, I would have sent you an invite to play online with sometime. Try to give you a fun, thrilling experience as fellow counselors. Try to get you to escape with me.

i appreciate the thought.Currently,my PS Plus service expired,so i'll have to renew at some point....if i did play online mode again on my PS4,i'd really need to be partnered with someone who doesn't mind sticking close to me.I'm not good at fighting Jason,so i try to gather parts for the cars/boat.If i see Jason grabbing someone,i hit him to free the counselor,but usually,the Jason player grabs me,and then everyone abandons me and runs away,despite the fact i just saved someone.I'd really like someone to be there for me,since i try to help the other players,regardless of the risk it puts my character at.That sorta thing happened alot to me,which is one reason why i stopped playing online.Too many players didn't have my back,despite the fact i had theirs.

Another challenge: No softening: Not allowed to use traps or knifes. Its fun to see them actually get the vehicles to work now and then! :)