I had a great idea of an extra perk given to all Jason’s; let’s call it, startle. Basically 1 time per match the Jason player is able to use a 5th ability given to all when they get into rage mode that allows Jason to teleport directly to a counselor and grab them immediately. This will “startle” or scare the crap out of people playing online and also guarantee a kill if there’s 1 left and you save it or use it at a random moment in a match. 

With how many pocket knives are spawning maybe this ability also nerfs the knives and gives you a kill immediately.

In all of the movies there is at least one death where Jason is never shown and out of nowhere he gets a quick kill. Same principal and would be awesome.

Obviously it’s frustrating in a counselor POV but with how easily the counselors seem to be able to beat up on Jason, it would be nice to have some fun again and kill out of nowhere. 

Anybody else think this is a cool idea?

This would be cool! It's so easy being a counselor, and it would be exciting/scary to see if your the random person Jason chooses to kill instantly!

• Like 2

@Cusi315 4 months ago, I would have said this idea was crazy. But with the current state of Jason, and the game as a whole, I think it would be a really good idea. Anything to make that overgrown momma's boy scary again. I like the unpredictability of it. The only change I would suggest is that it must be used while there are least two counselors left alive. If someone has been able to survive while 6 or 7 others have been taken out (or escaped), then I don't think Jason should be able to get a cheap kill to end the match. But, that is just my opinion.

Oh yeah, pop in over here and introduce yourself to the forums when you get a chance. It's a good way to meet some of the members, and maybe even find some new people to game with.

• Like 1

Great idea with not being able to use it on a sole remaining counselor; although if that last person is an afk or someone hiding under a bed for a full match it would be nice to end the game and not make everyone waiting sit there spectating nothing. 

I’ll defintely head over there! Been playing the game since it’s release and used to love playing as Jason. I legit have it set so I’m always counselor now with how frustrating it became. 

So the solution to Jason being underpowered is to give him a one time use OP as fuck ability? I just don't think this will accomplish anything other than frustrating counselors.

If you find pushing an insta-win button "fun," we have very different understandings of the term.

It’s not an instant win button. It’s an instant kill 1 time button for a character who appears out of nowhere over and over again in films and is indestructible. The game is too counselor friendly right now.

Would nerfing some pocket knives or make it a button pressing technique to stab before jason can execute a grab kill be better? Yeah probably. But it’s a fun way to piss of counselors for a change and actual invoke fear into people playing the game. Only available in rage mode too so you would still need the game to already have been played for a good amount of time. 

58 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

I’m welcome to any ideas that will make Jason a frightening presence in the game again.

They should make his clothes darker, like it was in the beta.

If I was the final girl, which so almost always am, and was outwitting Jason and he used this BS because he couldn’t kill me, I would be livid. It’s an awful idea. Nothing should be gifted to Jason or counselors. I do like the brainstorming new powers tho. Surely there’s something else that would be scary but not guarantee a kill. 

18 minutes ago, Cusi315 said:

The game is too counselor friendly right now.

Of course it is. And it has been for ages. But this is a terrible idea because it adds no ability for Jason to exercise power via superior skill. It's just an exceptionally stupid RNG mechanic. Fear requires anticipation+consequences+uncertainty - this would just inspire annoyance. 

22 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

If I was the final girl, which so almost always am, and was outwitting Jason and he used this BS because he couldn’t kill me, I would be livid. It’s an awful idea. 

It wouldn’t work if you’re the last counselor and only work once Jason is in rage mode.  Could be specific to even Uber Jason or a future one. 

Obviousy none of this would actually work in the game. Just looking for a bit of movie realism if you will. 

I've suggested in another thread how to buff Jason, some ideas are really simple. E.g.: let him block+hit simultaneously again, buff destruction on all Jasons, give him more throwing knives to start with, let Jason see the "cop arrive in" timer so he can plan better to ambush the counselors. 

These are just some possibilies, while his grab can stay as it is...but, since you've been speaking of abilities, maybe he should get shift earlier in the game, even before sense? Most repair characters are near the objectives anyway, and a good Jason doesn't bother about Vanessa early in the match. This would make objective-rushing somewhat riskier, and also counter his nerfed grab. 

@final_gal I love all of that! We really just need the little things improved on and not a brand new ability to cause more hosts to back out. I agree that shift should be before sense as well. I’m praying the next update makes playing as Jason less of a burden and a lot more fun again

- How about give Jason a divers spear gun like in which ever film it was in. Spawns at certain water area and is an insta-kill like one use shotgun for Jason?

- Jason has the same bear traps but why not something similar like he can pour oil or similar slippery liquid on the ground. Counsellor slips on it and has to really squirm about to get up and away?

- Stealth mode for Jason in which he has a % chance not to trigger music to nearby counsellors giving him a surprise advantage?

- Make composure more of a thing. Counsellors freak out more easily and under fear have a time delay before doing things in response e.g running or firing a gun (they need to mash A button like stuck in a grab etc)?

- Let the Jason player have fun when he grabs a counsellor with items (as long as they don't have the pocket knife). For example he can grab their med-spray and spray it down their throat choking them or igniting the fire crackers strapped to their butt - got to admit it would be hilarious to see Chad or tiffany jumping about as their rears got roasted and they die). This would make hoarding items a risky business, when currently there are an abundance of them?

- Have damaged counsellors stand out on his sense range.

- Make strength more important. Heavy items like guns and doubling up multiple med sprays slow counsellors down and deplete stamina more.

- Make repair tests more valid. Its too easy for no skill counsellors to repair and not be caught.

- Hysteria mode. Counsellors reach a point like Jason does with rage when their fear goes further than just make the screen go dark. They trip more, take longer to get up squirming about and make a lot of futile pleas when Jason is very close. Again making composure valid.

the one i really would like to see in the game is the speargun by the lake from F13- The Final Chapter.I would not,however,make it an instant kill.Since the counselors and Tommy have the 1 shot rifle, the speargun should be a 1 shot only weapon,and do some damage,but not an instant kill.Also,to make it fair to the Jason players,it should be a weapon only Jason uses,just to make things a bit more interesting to Jason players.I could understand if you wanted to limit how many maps it was on...it would make sense to only have it at the lake on the Jarvis map.