Gummybish

Encouraging patience with patches?

So I've been going around the forums and recently I came across a thread that irked me a bit because this seems like what is becoming a common trend in the community.

The constant demand for new patches/dlc/content. 

Are people forgetting that the company is small?

Personally I think we should encourage the developers to take their time with the patches to make sure everything is good to go but what is your opinion?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

How many threads do you think we need on this topic?

I'm just simply asking a question to get a better understanding. As far as I am concern I have only seen this one and the other one.

I think we should encourage patience. By begging for new and updated stuff we are only rushing the team. Then the new and updated stuff isn't as cool as it could have been if they had just taken their time. 

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

I'm just simply asking a question to get a better understanding. As far as I am concern I have only seen this one and the other one.

You can get a better understanding of the community's feelings by using the search function.

Gun is a small team. Illphonic is not. Gun is the publisher. Illphonic is the developer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

You can get a better understanding of the community's feelings by using the search function.

Gun is a small team. Illphonic is not. Gun is the publisher. Illphonic is the developer.

Ah ok. 

Patience goes out the window when a patch doesn't fix what needs fixing or breaks something new entirely.

You wait a month or more for a patch to fix something, and even if it does, it usually manages to break 2-3 other things in the process.

The last few months are a perfect example...

Oct. 25th - Jason's Grab is nerfed and hit detection gets worse (plus whatever else was wrong, can't even remember now)

next patch

December 18th - So we're rolling on nearly two months with a broken Jason...Do they fix him? Nope. Instead, they added an armoury to every camp fire/gazebo/wherever else they decided, nerfing Jason EVEN FURTHER into the ground. But that's not all...traps are also broken now, there's a bad glitch when exiting the driver's seat of the car, and really no bugs were fixed. They just added more.

And yeah, offline bots and VC 2.0 (which was cool for a few hours).

So now we're in this state until the end of January, if we're lucky enough to get a patch this month. If not, the wait continues. God only knows what the next patch might break.

But yeah...Patience is out the window now. I used to be the one preaching patience around here. But they've lost that luxury by under delivering on basically everything so far.

• Like 2

Would I like a new update with maps a new Jason and campers right now? Yeah but I know everything takes times and I'm enjoying other games while I wait, I'll hop on once in awhile and play a round or two with a friend but it is what it is. 

I don't think it's impatient to want a game that you bought to work properly. I just don't get why they have such an aversion to hotfixes.

1 minute ago, DialM said:

I don't think it's impatient to want a game that you bought to work properly. I just don't get why they have such an aversion to hotfixes.

Can't really be done on consoles due to the certification process taking so long, and they insist on parity between platforms.

Lame. But it's becoming more and more common in the industry.

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Can't really be done on consoles due to the certification process taking so long, and they insist on parity between platforms.

Yeah, parity; aside from that tiny little dedicated servers detail...and those have basically no gameplay effects at all. There's zero reason not to use PC as an (obviously much needed) testbed for their patches/fixes. 

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

Yeah, parity...aside from that tiny little dedicated servers detail. There's zero reason not to use PC as an (obviously much needed) testbed for their patches/fixes. 

Oh I know...Could prevent a lot of the nonsense we're seeing in the game lately.

What I don't understand is...if there's this intense certification process, HOW do some of these bugs make it through? I mean, did no one in the office test traps? No one tried to disarm one to place elsewhere and see what happens? The glitch when someone gets yanked out of the car? I don't understand how this stuff makes it into the patch. Even the amount of items being dropped at camp fires...No way that was intended. Not ONE person tested this? @[IllFonic]Courier ...maybe you can chime in. Don't see why you would though, since this would be admitting to some serious fuck ups.

There's a collective of failures going on. Unfortunately, all we can do is sit here and say "Well, maybe next patch".

It's a real shame when PATCHES are breaking your game more than anything else.

4 hours ago, Gummybish said:

So I've been going around the forums and recently I came across a thread that irked me a bit because this seems like what is becoming a common trend in the community.

The constant demand for new patches/dlc/content. 

Are people forgetting that the company is small?

Personally I think we should encourage the developers to take their time with the patches to make sure everything is good to go but what is your opinion?

Yes the company is small, but everyone bought and paid for a product. I love this game, even with its flaws, but I have never played anything as buggy as this. People have every right to  demand patches because the game is broken, and we have all payed money for it.

• Thanks 1