Sign in to follow this  
Speed_Force92

Jason's door breaking mechanics make no sense

Jason someone who has the strength to effortlessly punch or kick a head clean off with one hit through all that skin, muscle, bone, and tissue takes 4-6 hits to break through an old wooden door with solid sharp metal object made for destroying stuff and cutting wood? Makes 0 sense door breaking should be less of a chore if you logically assess his strength with what he does to counselors and the environment

• Thanks 1

He's also an undead killing machine whose only weakness is a buggy combination of a bladed weapon, a psycho boy, and an especially ratty sweater. The movie on which the game is based doesn't even make sense, why should the game? 

It matches the movies pretty well. A lot incongruent things happen in horror movies when it comes to monsters, otherwise the movies would end too quickly.

I would just use Jason 8 if you don't like doors. Running is overrated. I guess you can use J4 if you wanna suffer a little.

i don't mind having to cut down a door from the outside but Jason really shouldn't have to cut one down from the inside!

• Like 2

On 1/3/2018 at 6:34 PM, EvilElvenElvis said:

i hate when im trying to catch a counselor and they jump out the window while im breaking the door down.

Put traps outside the windows. Break the windows to injure them. Use shift to zoom up and grab them.

3 hours ago, thanatopsis said:

Put traps outside the windows. Break the windows to injure them. Use shift to zoom up and grab them.

sure, if you've got extra traps handy... but most jasons don't. i mean... some cabins have 4 or 5 accessible windows... 

i don't even play as jason and i think 6 hits is way too many. with the length of the animation, i think 4 hits is quite plenty. with the 6-hit jasons, you're not even really breaking the door down to get the counselor that's currently IN the cabin, you're really just setting yourself up for anyone else that might return because any decent counselor will be long gone by the time you get in. 

i also think that jason should be able to unbar doors from the inside or, at the very least, break them down in less hits. 

It's weird that Jason struggles like a Pokemon that's out of PP to pull his weapons out of the walls and tear down doors when half of his kills have him snap bone faster than you can say "I've fallen and I can't get up".

I played a little this morning and escaped alone and early in a match. I was watching a weaponless Mitch be chased by a Part 6 Jason. It was sad. Really. He'd get in a cabin and just stand there while Jason whacked away at the door. Hits were not being registered. The spear kept clanking the light above the door. It was breaking my heart. When it was one hit away from being demolished Mitch would just climb out the window and make the 10 step dash to the adjacent cabin and it would start again.

On occasion there'd be a short pursuit and every time Jason would get close enough to take a swing Mitch would be out of range by the time Jason had the spear raised and even half the time then the spear would hit something else like a tree or some unseen collision field on the road. And then there's one of those ha-ha-I'm-on-the-other-side-of-the-fence moments. FFS don't even get me started on the fences.

4 hours ago, DasMurich said:

I played a little this morning and escaped alone and early in a match. I was watching a weaponless Mitch be chased by a Part 6 Jason. It was sad. Really. He'd get in a cabin and just stand there while Jason whacked away at the door. Hits were not being registered. The spear kept clanking the light above the door. It was breaking my heart. When it was one hit away from being demolished Mitch would just climb out the window and make the 10 step dash to the adjacent cabin and it would start again.

On occasion there'd be a short pursuit and every time Jason would get close enough to take a swing Mitch would be out of range by the time Jason had the spear raised and even half the time then the spear would hit something else like a tree or some unseen collision field on the road. And then there's one of those ha-ha-I'm-on-the-other-side-of-the-fence moments. FFS don't even get me started on the fences.

If he uses part 6 like me then shift grabbing should be easy once you're fully adjusted to the mechanics of shift and part 6 Jason's shift speed

On 1/3/2018 at 11:24 PM, JJ-ROXX said:

i don't mind having to cut down a door from the outside but Jason really shouldn't have to cut one down from the inside!

100% agree i hate when i break one door and go to the other side of the cabin where the other door is and they go through the window making me have to shift back cause fuck the other door from the inside its so dumb Jason is dead not an idiot

Its a video game. If you want realism a game where an undead killer relentlessly stalks two groups of triplets who have for some reason siphoned the gas out of the boat and car. Hid their car keys from themselves. Removed the propeller and battery from the car and boat and brought guns but left them laying around camp. This game may not be for you. 

Lol