Hi, with a couple recent threads, I thought it was a good idea to make a community and safe space for female players on PS4. Even if there might be one already, what’s wrong with another one?

It’s called “Scream Queens F13”, and it’s request only for the moment. You must be a woman whether you were born as one or identify as one and you must be 17 and over.

If you meet these requirements, put your PS4 tag here, PM me, or email me. My email address is pinkspidey62@gmail.com.  My PS4 tag is ladyofcasterlyro 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm ineligible to join, due to demographics and/or self-identifying, but would like to speak in support of this idea, and I hope it flourishes.

:)

• Like 4

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I'm ineligible to join, due to demographics and/or self-identifying, but would like to speak in support of this idea, and I hope it flourishes.

:)

Thank you. If you have any female friends on PS4 that meets these requirements, you can tell them about it.

1 minute ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Thank you. If you have any female friends on PS4 that meets these requirements, you can tell them about it.

I'll be happy to. Do you mind if I include a message about it in the PS4 community I run, or would you rather I just go word-of-mouth?

14 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I'll be happy to. Do you mind if I include a message about it in the PS4 community I run, or would you rather I just go word-of-mouth?

Do whatever you think is best.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Read the part in my OP where it says that this is a safe space for female players. This is for women who don’t want to face continuous harassment from male players. Nothing in my original post says that female players have to only play in this specific community. 

Feel free to make your own males only community if you’re so offended.

• Like 2

I think this is a great idea. I have some female friends I play with on PS4 I'll be telling about this.

This is important because dudes that play this game are fucking gross. If you think the male on male banter in this game is toxic, try walking in the shoes of a female that plays this game. My female friends are constantly harassed, threatened with physical / sexual violence, or bothered for photos of themselves. 

6 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Read the part in my OP where it says that this is a safe space for female players. This is for women who don’t want to face continuous harassment from male players. Nothing in my original post says that female players have to only play in this specific community. 

Feel free to make your own males only community if you’re so offended.

People using words such as “safe space” are offended to begin with.

I like the idea but not the segregation part, why can’t males and females play together without actually harassing each other?

Start a group with nice people who don’t harass each other regardless of their gender, nationality, skin colour or personality instead of building a female only group. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

I like the idea but not the segregation part, why can’t males and females play together without actually harassing each other?

Start a group with nice people who don’t harass each other regardless of their gender, nationality, skin colour or personality instead of building a female only group. 

They can do it. It sucks because I have been atacked so many times while playing, calling me a lot of things and I don't think I need a "safe space" but okay, if they want to do it, they should do it and feel happy.

But seriusly, it doesn't care if you're male of female, you're going to be attacked at some point in online games.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Blaisy-Bas said:

Your inability to comprehend the full scope of why this is important is very telling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Santi_Lee said:

But seriusly, it doesn't care if you're male of female, you're going to be attacked at some point in online games.

THIS, it doesn’t matter if you’re female or male this community isn’t sexist or targeting females only.

Seen females harass males and females seen the opposite as well, everyone will be insulted and harassed in the end.

5 minutes ago, andtodayidied said:

Your inability to comprehend the full scope of why this is important is very telling.

>inability 

Wow.

>scope of why this is important is very telling 

Do you mind telling me what your actual point?

All I here is that you’re disagreeing with me.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Feel free to make your own males only community if you’re so offended

29 minutes ago, andtodayidied said:

I think this is a great idea. I have some female friends I play with on PS4 I'll be telling about this.

This is important because dudes that play this game are fucking gross. If you think the male on male banter in this game is toxic, try walking in the shoes of a female that plays this game. My female friends are constantly harassed, threatened with physical / sexual violence, or bothered for photos of themselves. 

That's because you're on Trollstation 4. So many lower life forms on there. Not everyone, of course. But there's basically one in every game lobby.

I swear, a few years ago, anyone you came across on PSN thought they were a pimp or a drug dealer, and acted like ghetto trash, dropped N-bombs, music through the mic...the complete douche bag package. Something tells me things haven't changed much over there.

Harassment is rare on Xbox from what I've seen. Hell, people using mics is rare on Xbox.

But really, you only have to take as much as YOU want to. Block communications and move on. Problem solved.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

That's because you're on Trollstation 4. So many lower life forms on there. Not everyone, of course. But there's basically one in every game lobby.

I swear, a few years ago, anyone you came across on PSN thought they were a pimp or a drug dealer, and acted like ghetto trash, dropped N-bombs, music through the mic...the complete douche bag package. Something tells me things haven't changed much over there.

Harassment is rare on Xbox from what I've seen. Hell, people using mics is rare on Xbox.

But really, you only have to take as much as YOU want to. Block communications and move on. Problem solved.

Do you really think this type of behavior only exists on a specific gaming console? This shit happens every day in real life at the workplace and in the streets. The problem isn't PS4.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Don't wanna sound mean. I'm not trying to change your opinion, just sharing mine, but I have to say it: The most mean thing i have heard from a guy to a girl in online games was "I want to touch your t*ts and *ss you sexy, sexy lady." or "You slut, send nudes.". And the most mean thing i have heard from a guy to another guy was "I'm going to search you and kill your parents, piece of sh*t. Be afraid, *sshole".

Both are agressive and mean, but why don't just block and report so you can play without being attacked? Just asking. There are freaks without life insulting other players because, again, they have no life.

3 minutes ago, andtodayidied said:

Do you really think this type of behavior only exists on a specific gaming console? This shit happens every day in real life at the workplace and in the streets. The problem isn't PS4.

Please don't bring this conversation to a post that is talking only about online gaming. We all know that harassment happens in our world, real and virtual life, both.

• Thanks 1

Damn I didn’t know my “man-hating club” was going to hurt so many of y’alls feelings. For people who use terms such as “triggered”, “snowflakes”, and “butthurt”, some of y’all sure did get quite angry and offended at this idea 😢. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Santi_Lee said:

Please don't bring this conversation to a post that is talking only about online gaming. We all know that harassment happens in our world, real and virtual life, both.

I feel like it's important to bring up. Marginalized people are often times dealing with negativity in every aspect of life. If someone can understand that, maybe they can understand why a person might want to have a safe space to enjoy a game without having to worry about it.

• Like 1

@LadySansaLannister I fully support your idea, but I am totally ill-eligible since birth and am on xbox. Perhaps someone may set up a Steam and Xbox version? Or have this a universal thread for such posts?

I think those who are deliberately not taking this seriously should feel ashamed. I admit I have never witnessed any of this harassment directly or indirectly at others, but we can't assume it doesn't or will not happen because we are currently blissfully ignorant about it. It has happened to some people and will unfortunately continue to others.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Damn I didn’t know my “man-hating club” was going to hurt so many of y’alls feelings. For people who use terms such as “triggered”, “snowflakes”, and “butthurt”, some of y’all sure did get quite angry and offended at this idea 😢. 

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Can't we bring opinions? Again, just asking.

• Like 1

The problem that apparently no one except for @Santi_Lee and @AldermachXI besides me refered to is the fact that just because you have your "safe space" female only Friday club won't solve the core problem.

Harassment can happen both in real life and in games, yes for sure, but they are in no way comparable nor the same.

Also the fact that @andtodayidied is being sexist himself even though @LadySansaLannister herself is offended by sexist slurs is beyond me.

Being an ignorant sexist towards male people will only create more hate and segregation.

Try to find nice people to play with do not exclude males, females can harass you as well just the same way males would, period.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I support the OP.  Do you, girl.  It’s no one else’s business what groups you create and recruiting here for like-minded female gamers seems totally reasonable.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Santi_Lee said:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Can't we bring opinions? Again, just asking.

I think you have spoken a very valid point, but the moral cause I suppose is if he/she has to choose to block unwarranted comment why not he/she choose to not get unwarranted comment in the first place with basically as I understand it a private party/club for the game. Not an idea to shout down really.

Just now, daveliam said:

I support the OP.  Do you, girl.  It’s no one else’s business what groups you create and recruiting here for like-minded female gamers seems totally reasonable.  

Thank you. That’s all I wanted to do but people on here sure love to argue, don’t they?

• Like 1

I'd like to think that just about any club could act as a "safe space" of sorts.

I've rarely encountered any form of abuse in Private Matches.

Point is, excluding anyone (except the actual assholes) isn't the solution.

If you want the club to enjoy the game with other females, cool. But don't act like this is necessary to avoid harassment. The mute/block function is equally effective.

• Like 1