Chace Hollett

When a player calls you trash

I’m not very good as Jason, and I’ve been called trash a few times. People have even said “Why’d you buy this game when you suck so bad at it.” 

I don’t respond. I just find a different lobby. 

The other night I was in a lobby that stuck together for over an hour. Nobody was able to get more than 3 kills...until I was Jason! :JasonPt9:

I prevented Tommy from being called as well as preventing any objective from being accomplished. There was no slop on my part; every move I executed was crisp and clean. I avoided every trap and shotgun/flare gun attempt with Stalk-Shifting. It took me some time though because all but 1 counselor had a pocket knife and the ones I injured with throwing knives and slashes had sprays. 

I cleared the lobby and was left with a lone Debby that knew how to play, but for some reason didn't try to fix anything the whole time. I shift-grabbed her to perfection only to get knifed twice.

It didn't feel like so much time went by, but I got the 2 minute warning and there wasn't anything I could think that I could've done to catch her. She large-cabin hopped her way to victory. For every last second hop into a window I would say, "son of a bitch!, motherfucker!," etc. I guess saying those things were a trigger because when the round was over the Debby messaged me calling me a "trash Jason." Are you kidding me? I know she didn't see anything I did throughout the round, but how can you ignore no cops, no fixed vehicles and a 6/7 after an hour of embarrassed Jasons?

I was so happy with how everything else went that I didn't respond defensively and he or she quickly changed their tune and was cool. 

All the time. Especially when playing as Jenny or Jason Part 4. Once as Jason I cleared the field with the final kill coming after stopping the supposedly unstoppable backwards driving car. The Chad player called me a "trash player" then started making fun of Jenny. "Only a shitty player like you would use Jenny. She's only good for her bikini." He said. He chased me for fifteen minutes as Jason the next match. The cops were called. The boat was fixed and two people escaped. The four seat car got fixed and three people escaped. It was just me and two other players left. All the while I was moving from cabin to cabin. Making Jason taste as many weapons as I could.  Generally flustrating the shit out of the kid. I danced, I cried, I waved, I gave him a two thumbs up and a Luke Skywalker shoulder brush off. I finally ran to the cops and found Tommy and Adam dancing and pointing near the exit. They covered my escape with the pocket knives and items they had stored up. At the end of the match the squeaker called me a "fa66ot ass ni66er motherfucker" and left. Best half hour ever spent. 

• Haha 3

With voice recognition technology, they should employ censorship like how they do on TV; muting or bleeping out offensive words. I'm certain that it's possible. Maybe even make it so it's on the user end, so you can add what ever you want to the bleep list.

Get on it Google. 

On 1/3/2018 at 1:57 PM, CountYorgaVampir said:

Got called trash by a few people the other day for being a slasher. Loved every minute of their salty tears. Stupid people need to learn to play smarter. I know they want to be grabbed because when they rush me it’s obvious that they have have at least one PK, that’s why I do it. 

That's horrible. Ignore people who call you trash, you're doing your job. They shouldn't be rushing you, that's why Jason's slash. Plus if a counselor drops a pocketknife, that's proof right there 

Ok, get this one. I played as Jason 3 recently on Crystal Lake small. It was a bit rough as they got the cars going and it was near endgame. After having stopped the 4 seater there were two left on map. An AJ and a Tommy, the latter of whom was driving the 2 seater. I left a trap at the door of the four seater and harrassed Tommy, backing him up. Just as my morph returned the trap went off. I go back and find AJ and just as I grab her she leaves the lobby. I then make short work of Tommy. 

After the match I look up the profile and see I have the AJ muted and blocked and all that. The name was familiar as somebody who had dipped out of another game earlier in the week.  I decide to unblock and asked if they were the same quitter I had faced  week or so prior. I get something akin to "Git gud. You almost had me, but you suck." 

Wow. Somebody who had to leave the game to avoid dying is acting like they beat me. By that backwards logic I guess I'm the DBD best Survivor because nobody has ever killed me. The fact I've never played DBD doesn't matter. Anyway we had a bit of back and forth, and I repeated blocking them once done. 

I remember somebody sending me a message giving me shit after a match because I was using part 3. Apparently if you use a running Jason you must suck. I refrained from pointing out running had nothing to do with me shift grabbing the lobby to death.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:11 PM, Risinggrave said:

Ok, get this one. I played as Jason 3 recently on Crystal Lake small. It was a bit rough as they got the cars going and it was near endgame. After having stopped the 4 seater there were two left on map. An AJ and a Tommy, the latter of whom was driving the 2 seater. I left a trap at the door of the four seater and harrassed Tommy, backing him up. Just as my morph returned the trap went off. I go back and find AJ and just as I grab her she leaves the lobby. I then make short work of Tommy. 

After the match I look up the profile and see I have the AJ muted and blocked and all that. The name was familiar as somebody who had dipped out of another game earlier in the week.  I decide to unblock and asked if they were the same quitter I had faced  week or so prior. I get something akin to "Git gud. You almost had me, but you suck." 

Wow. Somebody who had to leave the game to avoid dying is acting like they beat me. By that backwards logic I guess I'm the DBD best Survivor because nobody has ever killed me. The fact I've never played DBD doesn't matter. Anyway we had a bit of back and forth, and I repeated blocking them once done. 

Yeah when people leave the game like that, it's because they don't wanna lose, some even take their win/loss ratio seriously. 

On 2/11/2019 at 5:18 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I remember somebody sending me a message giving me shit after a match because I was using part 3. Apparently if you use a running Jason you must suck. I refrained from pointing out running had nothing to do with me shift grabbing the lobby to death.

Don't let people tell you how to play the game, you're just doing your job.

1 hour ago, GamingNerd93 said:

Oh I didn't. I just thought it was kind of funny.

Welcome to camp, in case you haven’t been told we try not to double post, it makes more work for the mods, who do this out of love and not for pay. You can always edit your post if you want to add more. If you need someone’s attention @ followed by their name, like this. @GamingNerd93.

On 1/3/2018 at 11:29 AM, Chace Hollett said:

I'm sure lots of other people get this but I feel I get it the most.

Whenever im Jason there's always at least one person who I kill and afterwards they say I suck or I'm trash. I personally take it as a compliment.

Does anyone else get this frequently?

Not frequently....but I do get it. It helps when playing Jason to not get distracted by the try-hards so I always mute everyone in my lobbies weather I'm Jason or not. And it IS the try-hards that talk trash only because they feel they have to. I don't just mute to avoid the trash talk but also because of racist comments and the like. Leaves for a much better experience for me when I don't have to hear their immaturity.

That being said I played a few sessions yesterday. First time as Jason got 8/8, not bragging because they were all newbies level 40 and below so it wasn't much of a challenge. 2nd time as Jason two escaped in the car. One of them was Tommy. I had forgotten to mute that lobby so of course as soon as the match was over he started cackling bragging how I couldn't catch him.....as TOMMY! I already killed his ass the first time pretty easily but he feels he had to trash talk because he escaped with his second chance. LOL.

56 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Welcome to camp, in case you haven’t been told we try not to double post, it makes more work for the mods, who do this out of love and not for pay. You can always edit your post if you want to add more. If you need someone’s attention @ followed by their name, like this. @GamingNerd93.

@Slasher_Clonesorry about that 

On 1/3/2018 at 2:57 PM, CountYorgaVampir said:

Got called trash by a few people the other day for being a slasher. Loved every minute of their salty tears. Stupid people need to learn to play smarter. I know they want to be grabbed because when they rush me it’s obvious that they have have at least one PK, that’s why I do it. 

Does anyone happen to know why the fuck they do this? PK's are hard to come by, so why would you intentionally lose it by charging directly at Jason knowing he's going to grab your ass? It makes no sense to me whatsoever. You could have used that to silently disarm a trap or buy a few seconds to heal up and run away. I could understand if it happened at the police exit but otherwise? WTF...

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Does anyone happen to know why the fuck they do this? PK's are hard to come by, so why would you intentionally lose it by charging directly at Jason knowing he's going to grab your ass? It makes no sense to me whatsoever. You could have used that to silently disarm a trap or buy a few seconds to heal up and run away. I could understand if it happened at the police exit but otherwise? WTF...

@HaHaTrumpWon Jason's slash because they have a keen feeling counselors have a pocket knife on them and they also rush him.thats really why Jason's do that

I know a Jason is smart when he starts slashing at the police exit.  The only reason people stick around there is they have pocket knives.  Or they're just stupid.

@HaHaTrumpWon Jason's slash because they have a keen feeling counselors have a pocket knife on them and they also rush him.thats really why Jason's do that

I think you've misunderstood the question. I was asking why counselors intentionally get grabbed so they can use a PK instead of hanging onto it until they actually need it.

I’ve been guilty of calling out Jason’s being trash BUT under certain circumstances. My definition of trash is ones that literally GRAB GRAB GRAB and have no skill in hacking or trying to put up a fight. It’s just super annoying playing an ENTIRE 20 minute match with a grabber that just won’t stop being annoying. Those kinds of Jason’s win the *easy* way. It takes no skill to L2 all the time. At least hacking your trying to give counselors a fight and a challenge instead of finishing a match just by grabbing. And Jason’s who cheat and have friends who help are the trashiest!!

I’m a pretty skilled Jason. If I know there are more than one counselor around, I will never grab knowing they will knock me down and rescue the counselor. I’m mainly a hacker and if I run them out of health and trying to spray themselves, then I’ll go in for the grab in hopes they don’t have a pocket knife or I’ll get them down to using their spray lots of times and I’ll keep hacking until they use what they have and then go for the kill by hacking more or grabbing cuz either way, if they have a pocket knife then they will be hobbling the entire time for a good kill.

4 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

I’ve been guilty of calling out Jason’s being trash BUT under certain circumstances. My definition of trash is ones that literally GRAB GRAB GRAB and have no skill in hacking or trying to put up a fight. It’s just super annoying playing an ENTIRE 20 minute match with a grabber that just won’t stop being annoying. Those kinds of Jason’s win the *easy* way. It takes no skill to L2 all the time. At least hacking your trying to give counselors a fight and a challenge instead of finishing a match just by grabbing. And Jason’s who cheat and have friends who help are the trashiest!!

I’m a pretty skilled Jason. If I know there are more than one counselor around, I will never grab knowing they will knock me down and rescue the counselor. I’m mainly a hacker and if I run them out of health and trying to spray themselves, then I’ll go in for the grab in hopes they don’t have a pocket knife or I’ll get them down to using their spray lots of times and I’ll keep hacking until they use what they have and then go for the kill by hacking more or grabbing cuz either way, if they have a pocket knife then they will be hobbling the entire time for a good kill.

I've never personally considered a Jason who only grabs or only slashes as "trash". I chalked it up to it being their preference. A player who spends their time being verbally abusive to other players for any reason at all could be considered "trash". The only exception to that would be players who play together regularly, and know how far they can joke with their friends.

• Like 1

I got accused of teaming over PM the other night after a solid round as Jason. 

It caught me off-guard, because it came in with what I later realized was a sarcastic "gg" as I was slaughtering the last counselor.

I tried to figure out who in the round they thought was my informant or even which murdered counselor my accuser was (I don't necessarily pay attention to usernames during the game, unless I'm playing with people I know). 

The best I can figure was that it was a Vanessa I had faked out in Stalk. Their evidence was that I had ignored a trap trip followed by a failed gas fill, but that's just someone accidentally letting me know where to find them in a minute.

I suppose the compliment would be that I played in such a way that made it look like I knew where everyone was.

Come to think of it...how would they even know to tell me I had ignored those triggers?

I got called trash the other night while I was Jason because the two seater got away. The two people calling me trash were the second and third counselors I killed. When I responded back to their remarks (which I normally don’t do) in the lobby after the match, they said that if one of them were Jason, they were going to kill only me and let everyone else live. One of them did end up being Jason the next round. It was Pinehurst, I repaired the phone, called the cops, repaired the car (gas and battery) but couldn’t find the keys and was the only survivor as I made it to the cops, lol. 

• Haha 1