Sign in to follow this  
Dolemite

Using Stealth & Patience When Playing As Jason

11 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Anyone have a story about a particularly sneaky kill that they've managed to pull off as Jason?

Where do I begin? Oh yes.

June 2nd, 2017 (I still remember the day. This was really extraordinary.)

I was Part 8, chasing 2 people. I entered Stalk, and at the same moment, they entered a building. As I got near the building, one of them opened a window and tried getting out. Once they were out, I grabbed them and threw them back in.That counts, right? The other person didn't hear, somehow, as they left like nothing happened. They managed to get to another cabin. By then, I was almost out of Stalk. Luckily, I managed to grab them as they were opening the bathroom door. Tommy appears and shoots me. I fall, and then they both flee. Around 7 minutes pass, and I find the same counselor I tried killing earlier, but this time I managed to kill the counselor by punching off their head when they were turned around. Tee hee. I guess I am a tryhard ;)

Another great Stalk situation is when the phone is fixed, either by one person, or 2 people that both stay by the box. I'll hear or see the trap being broken and instead of trying to break the box, I'll stalk-morph-shift into the house and wait by the phone.

It takes the right kind of cabin, and the phone has to be in the right position inside the cabin.

It's rare but almost nobody expects Jason to ignore the box so they'll freely rush to the phone. Even when they have a knife, I'll still get a scream out of them. 

2 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@Dolemite Stalk lasts 3 minutes long when standing still and 20 seconds when moving.

Geez, I can't believe I never knew that. Thanks.

1 hour ago, ColdArmy13 said:

I still say there should be a mode where the proximity music doesn’t exist. THAT could be intense.

Shit, would it ever! I've love that.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Despite the recent nerfs to Jason and buffs to the counselors, I still find the online component of this game enjoyable to play. Yes, having Jason's grab and melee range buffed again would be nice, but until that happy day comes a change in tactics is required to effectively play the game as Jason, and frankly, it's a change that actually makes you feel even more like everyone's favorite hockey mask-wearing killer...using stealth and, above all else, patience to take counselors down.

Abilities such as sense and stalk are often used by Jason players, but they use them more as blunt hammers as opposed to a surgeon's scalpel. Using your abilities in conjunction with a little bit of deviousness can yield great results.

For example, last night I was playing Jason on the Packanack map. I turned on sense and saw that on the other side of the lodge were two counselors on the porch. I activated stalk, walked into the lodge, hid out against the wall opposite of the counselors and just waited. Eventually, their two glowing red silhouettes made their way over to the window by me, and I continued to wait until the 1st counselor opened the window and began his climbing animation, at which point he was committed. Then I just walked right over and grabbed him - actually making him scream and surprise in the process, which was great - and then tossed his ass right out through the same window he had just crawled in through. It was immensely satisfying, and it was probably similar to how such a scene would have played out in a Friday the 13th movie.

Yes, Jason has been weakened unfairly, but at the same time I don't think a lot of players are using his abilities to their maximum potential. Instead of just barreling after counselors right out in the open, experiment with being sneaky and patient. That match consisted of a bunch of counselors that stuck together, and I still managed get 6 out of 8 kills.

Anyone have a story about a particularly sneaky kill that they've managed to pull off as Jason?

Stalk is underrated. I do this kind of stuff all the time. Once I hit stalk as Chad climbed out a window. I just waited in the cabin. Chad doubled back and crawed through the window he left from to find me waiting. "Get the fuck out of my house!" I told him as he sailed out the window.

Ok, one more and I'm done.

Using stalk-morph while chasing counselors in the woods can result in counselors walking right up to me. I would assume they are looking in rearview or just not expecting, at all, that I'd be in front of them. I can pull that off a decent amount of times.

15 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

Morph? That's a waste of a ability in case someone is for example starting the car or about to escape. Use Sense, Stalk, Shift in that order and you can get a good kill that is if someone is even near by.

Morph can save you Stalk time because it dosen't count as moving. Just a thought.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2018 at 10:43 AM, TiffanyCox said:

Morph? That's a waste of a ability in case someone is for example starting the car or about to escape. Use Sense, Stalk, Shift in that order and you can get a good kill that is if someone is even near by.

I only morph to vehicles/phone box. So it is not a waste at all to me. If someone starts the car, I will likely stop it anyways. But I see your point.

I've found a great combo to be pinning a counselor in a cabin, morphing to an adjacent cabin, and then activating sense and stalk to backtrack.  

It's especially helpful for Chad or Vanessa.