It is messed up. Beeing able to get only 5 skill checks with repair 2 makes chars like vanessa extremly OP.  It should be at least one check for every point difference to the maximum. More if unlucky. And things get even worse when speed demon is also in play...

It makes characters that can juke Jason for a long time totally independent. With the current state of Jason this is somehting that would help imo. People would play way more carefull if they have to depend on others.

Or repair 10 get´s one super big skill check to make it fair. It´s 2 checks with 10 repair vs 5 checks with 2 repair. that´s not even close to beeing balanced anyhow.

I honestly don't like the mini-game. I think it should just be if your repair is lower it takes longer, if it is higher it doesn't take as long.

• Thanks 4

The problem is if it just takes longer it isn´t really harder. unless it takes so long that it get´s riddiculous. The slower the easier....

It still takes skill to go undetected. You can repair something fast enough as Deb, Eric and AJ to get it installed before Jason can get you in most situations. As Jenny and Vanessa Jason can't be anywhere near you when you start and you can't screw up until your almost done or Jason will show up and stop you mid-repair. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally people are realising that high Repair is not the all-important stat it's been made out to be. It has limited value, and the only time it really counts is when you're repairing in Jason's face. That's when the speed is useful to have. Which is also ironic considering that Repair-specific counselors are also high in Stealth, and Stealth has zero function in a situation where you are repairing while Jason is actually present.

But for this ability, which is useful only for the time to repair objectives (a few seconds), you are penalised in other areas which are much more important for survivability for your entire time in the match (mobility / Luck).

Being able to get down to just 5 skill checks with any counselor with a 2 in Repair is not the problem though. The problem is that quick and silent Repair can be replaced with strategy eg. Split pushing objectives. If Jason has hands full with counselors at one objective, then you can tank traps and fail skill checks at another and he's still not coming unless he gives one up. Especially if you take advantage of his Morph in cooldown, then he doesn't have a choice at all.  

1 hour ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I honestly don't like the mini-game. I think it should just be if your repair is lower it takes longer, if it is higher it doesn't take as long.

so you'd, say, just hold X and it would auto-repair? how would you implement a "fail" or "alert" system for jason? or would every repair be successful? that doesn't seem all that fair. you'd have to implement some random "fail" based on their repair. that would just piss people off, failing through no fault of their own. plus, you're relying on them to program it in a way that's actually going to work. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@Tommy86 are you suggesting it shouldn´t be possible to repair 2 things at once in a match? also this is something that doesn´t happen all the time, it´s very rare i would say. sadly. because teamwork hardly ever happens.

The current situation allows low repair chars to survive on their own including repairs beeing totally independent. without beeing it too hard. ofc it is not super easy. but it allows to juke and troll even more. you don´t need to teamwork to survive.

Where is the option that allows the same for high repair chars?

also again, how is 5 checks with 2 repair vs 2 checks with 10 repair a balance.

a lobby full of vanessas and chads could survive and use the cars for it and have a chance to escape fully.

a lobby full of debs and erics is dead meat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Tommy86 are you suggesting it shouldn´t be possible to repair 2 things at once in a match?

The current situation allows low repair chars to survive on their own including repairs beeing totally independent. without beeing it too hard. ofc it is not super easy. but it allows to juke and troll even more. you don´t need to teamwork to survive.

Where is the option that allows the same for high repair chars?

also again, how is 5 checks with 2 repair vs 2 checks with 10 repair a balance.

I'm not suggesting anything, just pointing out the reality of the situation. Repair-specific counselors have limited use to begin with, based on how the game is designed and played, and are disadvantaged in significant ways for it.

I'm not sure what you're proposing to change the situation, but it seems you want Repair counselors to be as independent as counselors like Vanessa / Chad, which is simply not going to happen. Good Luck and mobility is the reason those counselors have better survivability, and you're not going to see that combined with high Repair. If you make Repair harder for those counselors, they can still survive regardless because of those stats. If you make it even easier for Repair-specific counselors, how will 1 less step make a difference?

no i am pointing out that low repair counselors can repair to easily by showing that others don´t have any similar advantge.

what i want is, if deb can get 2 skill checks with 10 repair a vanessa should always have to deal with at least 8. if lucky.

it is good that a eric/deb lobby has no chance. but the same should go for a lobby with chads and vanessas. and repair is a part of that. a big one.

It's slow with Tiffany but yet, because of the slowness you can get through the whole objective without making any mistakes!

lol...silly fuckers acting like there's no benefit to repairing as LaChappa vs someone like Tiffany.

Ridiculous.

No wonder I'm killing so many idiots trying to repair as Vanessa lately.

A good Jason will patrol the objectives effectively and make repairs difficult for ANY counselor. Therefore your best chances against a good Jason are if you can get the repair done quickly.

Scenario: You're down to 3 counselors, the fuse is sitting at the fuse box, trap has been eaten, you have Tommy, Vanessa, and Tiffany in play...Who do you get to do the repairs?

If your answer isn't Tommy, just uninstall the game and walk away.

When I play as Jason, I trap the objectives as quick as my Morph will allow. IF anything gets done in that period, it's either gas or battery on one car...no big deal. But once my traps are in place, I use Sense and counselor sound pings to see where I need to pay attention (those useless Vanessas make this really easy). I only ever Morph if a trap goes off after that. I have enough awareness to rotate between the 3 objectives aggressively and stop any repairs from happening.

The only way things are repaired against me is if someone is smart enough to actually use a pocket knife to disarm and hope I don't check in, or if I get split on two objectives. In that scenario I prioritize the cars and allow the cops to be called. I can usually kill everyone before they escape anyways.

People like Tommy here base too much of their facts on the typical Jason player, who is terrible. Heck, half the rounds I played yesterday, the fuse box wasn't even trapped.

No wonder you people get deluded into thinking your low repair counselors are effective for repairs.

I welcome you guys to play with me and a good group of players sometime. I promise you'll change your tune pretty quick.

(lol the last kid that accepted a challenge stopped visiting the forums the very next day)

I use Chad because of the numerous new players. I can fight and repair. Obviously if there were decent Jason players or experienced Jason veterans that wouldn’t be possible. 

21 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Scenario: You're down to 3 counselors, the fuse is sitting at the fuse box, trap has been eaten, you have Tommy, Vanessa, and Tiffany in play...Who do you get to do the repairs?

Nobody.  I go to the cabin and get the sweater.  Send Vanessa in since she's the fastest (along with Tommy, if he doesn't have a machete/axe), and wait for Jason to come to you.  

Any Jason competent enough to kill five of seven counselors is going to shift to the cabin to kill whomever is trying for the sweater, and having three people working on the kill is much more effective than waiting for the cops to show up and having Jason camp the road where they spawn.

Using a repair character became extremely boring when I was fixing everything and escaping. So now with Chad I have shit repair and can utilize speed and Chads luck to evade and fight. If Jason is so awful to allow me the repair well, oh well. I get the XP and if not than I get to battle wits and strategy with Jason when he arrives. 

32 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

A good Jason will patrol the objectives effectively and make repairs difficult for ANY counselor. Therefore your best chances against a good Jason are if you can get the repair done quickly.

If your answer isn't Tommy, just uninstall the game and walk away.

When I play as Jason, I trap the objectives as quick as my Morph will allow. IF anything gets done in that period, it's either gas or battery on one car...no big deal. But once my traps are in place, I use Sense and counselor sound pings to see where I need to pay attention (those useless Vanessas make this really easy). I only ever Morph if a trap goes off after that. I have enough awareness to rotate between the 3 objectives aggressively and stop any repairs from happening.

The only way things are repaired against me is if someone is smart enough to actually use a pocket knife to disarm and hope I don't check in, or if I get split on two objectives. In that scenario I prioritize the cars and allow the cops to be called. I can usually kill everyone before they escape anyways.

People like Tommy here base too much of their facts on the typical Jason player, who is terrible. Heck, half the rounds I played yesterday, the fuse box wasn't even trapped.

No wonder you people get deluded into thinking your low repair counselors are effective for repairs.

I welcome you guys to play with me and a good group of players sometime. I promise you'll change your tune pretty quick.

(lol the last kid that accepted a challenge stopped visiting the forums the very next day)

This doesn´t change that there is something wrong when repair 2 gets  5 checks when repair 10 gets 2. simple math.

it´s unbalanced and gives low repair chars an advantage they shouldn´t have. and with speed demon and beeing lucky at the reroll for the checks you can also do it vs good jasons. timing is as so often the key here to leave jason cpl chanceless if you start after he morphs elsewhere.

Even good players who have uberskills in the minigame should struggle hard to repair anything at all with a repair of 2, but they don´t. this would also allow a wider variety of repair. you might have noticed there is a gap between 2 and 5. ofc. hard to fit in. it would be obvious that repair is fucked.

Thing is higher int means it does go faster, so fast often that some quick repairing people mess up too. I'm usually Adam 3 to 5 repair nodes sometimes the game will make them all L or R too which and I know everyone has done it, you do 3 R and auto press L on them last because you think it's going to never be another R and mess up.

The game is fine the way it is everyone has different skill levels both in game and IRL I've seen even Tommy's mess up with 2 super fast skill checks but that's the player not the character

I’m always the repair person as chad hell I repaired both cars and the cops one game as chad 

I got an epic Speed Demon, 23% faster speed in a vehicle alone and 10% slower repair speed. It's the one perk I never get and the one I didn't want an epic for lol. The 10% slower speed DOES help, but not a whole lot on Vanessa. It's pretty good on anyone with 5 or higher repair. Makes Kenny and Shelly pretty decent. I also have 14% motorboating so if those stack, then that would mean I could get 37% faster speed in the  boat. That would be pretty good but it's super specific.

8 hours ago, Dandan10 said:

Thing is higher int means it does go faster, so fast often that some quick repairing people mess up too. I'm usually Adam 3 to 5 repair nodes sometimes the game will make them all L or R too which and I know everyone has done it, you do 3 R and auto press L on them last because you think it's going to never be another R and mess up.

The game is fine the way it is everyone has different skill levels both in game and IRL I've seen even Tommy's mess up with 2 super fast skill checks but that's the player not the character

can you please explain how it is fine? i mean it is simple maths. if 10 repair get´s 3 checks with an unlucky roll 2 repair should get 11 checks.  and 9 if lucky. not 5.

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

can you please explain how it is fine? i mean it is simple maths. if 10 repair get´s 3 checks with an unlucky roll 2 repair should get 11 checks.  and 9 if lucky. not 5.

It is what is people as I said are all skill levels a thick person can still fail a 2 check LIKE I SAID it all counts on the PLAYER skill level not the character you forget this game has been out a while now and like ANY game people get better at it sorry but deal with it!