justice4all

Harassment towards Females

I’m sorry that this happens to anyone in game. 

I know that this happens a lot in MMOs.  I was planing a female elf and this guy starts hitting on me. Another female character was nearby so he hit on her too.  I said I was 14 and he said he was 38 and asked us to go to his in-game house.  I was sending the other female private messages how gross that was.  

We went to his house and we asked him if we could move the bed to a special spot and asked him to leave the house for 10 minutes while we got ready.  He gave us admin rights to the house and left.  We then moved his 300 house items into a huge pile in front of the bedroom door and logged out. 

8 hours ago, justice4all said:

There may be a topic already posted that is similar to this, but I wanted to make one solely about harassment towards female players. Everyday that I play I get at least 2 guys that think for some reason that they can flirt with me or ask me for nudes after I have already said no. I know that this isn't only in Friday the 13th, but it happens most often in this game. But my point is, what is it about hearing a female voice that makes some people think they harass that player? I'm sorry if this seems like a whiney or off-topic post, but it does happen quite a bit when I play F13. <_<

I play this game with my girlfriend so when she’s in the lobby of course there are times when the creeps crawl out from under their rocks and start to talk. One guy was trying to hit on her and made suggestive comments. I laughed cause she’s a hard case to crack. Ironically I was Jason that match and I messed with that guy the whole round. He quit once the match was over and we all had s good laugh. 

Unfortubately, it isn’t always that way and a lot of those shitbags think it’s somehow okay to open their mouths or make remarks that are totally out of line. This happens in nearly any game because these sad individuals get their kicks from shit like this and/or the poor slobs have never actually approached a living, breathing woman in real time. I’m sorry you had to deal with that crap. Like others have said all you can really do is mute them and report them. 

Are you seriously just trying to cause arguments? I understand you are having problems with this, let the moderators know about this. I personally play with a few girl gamer's and I am a guy, yea every once and a while you get a little boy flirt with them in game; but if your mature you would ignore it. It's not all about women either, men can get harassed as well. I have never seen any type of harassment in game, but if its them calling you a b*tch or cussing you out...that's every game! There will always be jerks and there will always be mean people, if you learn to ignore it you won't have this problem.

It's a new age where girls are guys and guys are girls and some are both. With gender equality I would say you could flip the tables on them but if they are objectifying you they would probably like it. You should just try to ignore it and if they are really bothering you, you can file a report, not that's an easy thing to do with this game. I would say practice a deep voice and start messing with them. After they chat you up a bit switch to deep voice on them. Bet that will give them pause for a sec and you get the last laugh. Some people are immature and  just want attention just don't give it to them. 

If you can pull this off they might just up and leave in a flash. 

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this and have given me some advice. I hate having to block people on PS4, as my brother and I  have dealt with someone going WAY too far after we've blocked them. But you all are right, I should just block and mute them. Perhaps I was going to far/being a little b*tch by making this post. 

But to this person, 

58 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

Are you seriously just trying to cause arguments? I understand you are having problems with this, let the moderators know about this. I personally play with a few girl gamer's and I am a guy, yea every once and a while you get a little boy flirt with them in game; but if your mature you would ignore it. It's not all about women either, men can get harassed as well. I have never seen any type of harassment in game, but if its them calling you a b*tch or cussing you out...that's every game! There will always be jerks and there will always be mean people, if you learn to ignore it you won't have this problem.

No. I am not trying to start arguments. I was just trying to start a discussion. I understand that you way have not seen it happen, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And yes, it can happen towards males as well. But I was sharing my story and looking to find some answers and maybe other females who have gone through the same thing. I'm so sorry if my topic offended you, that was not my intent. 

3 hours ago, Dolemite said:

I hate this shit. I've run into more than one female player that are really good at this game (I've been killed by several, in fact), and it pisses me off that the fedora-wearing virgin basement-dwellers hoping to make a love connection with every single girl they run into online are driving them away. So fucking pathetic.

Hey, if I want to stay in my step-mom's basement in the Fortress of Pizza Rolls and Empty Mountain Dew Cans and make unwanted advances on the hawt ladies, then there's nothing you can do about it. /s

6 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Hey, if I want to stay in my step-mom's basement in the Fortress of Pizza Rolls and Empty Mountain Dew Cans and make unwanted advances on the hawt ladies, then there's nothing you can do about it. /s

Well there's a window in your life...huh?

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Well there's a window in your life...huh?

Not me personally, but I've seen it happen--and it's about as pretty as Jason when you knock his mask off.

Edit: usually, there's cats involved too.  

15 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

lol.

It is because people have no fucking respect for others these days.  Why?   No consequences or repercussions.  They didn't get their asses beat enough as a kid because they didn't have enough eyes on them.  My dad was one of 13 kids.  All of his brothers and sisters stayed around the same town for the most part.  All of them had spouses.  That was 26 people able to keep an eye out for us 31 grand kids throughout a small town of 4000 people.  We couldn't get away with ANYTHING!   We were taught with a stern hand to respect others.  If we didn't, anyone of those adults had full authority to whoop our asses.  We said 'yes, sir' and 'yes, ma'am'.  People today get to hide behind their devices and say what they want.  No reporting system in place for this kind of bs.  They can do what they want.  

I’ve seen a few replies here that are not getting the point.

Just because YOU haven’t witnessed any cases of female players being harassed doesn’t mean that it doesn’t happen or isn’t widespread. I spoke about my experiences a couple of times in a few other threads on this topic. While I met plenty of respectful and decent male players on PS4, there has also been plenty of creeps I encountered on PS4 too.

• Like 1

It's the anonymity afforded by the internet. People can say whatever they want without any real repercussions, so of course they're going to be horrible. 

1 minute ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Just because YOU haven’t witnessed any cases of female players being harassed doesn’t mean that it doesn’t happen or isn’t widespread. I spoke about my experiences a couple of times in a few other threads on this topic. While I met plenty of respectful and decent male players on PS4, there has also been plenty of creeps I encountered on PS4 too.

Genuinely curious as to how many of these creeps haven't hit puberty yet.  

Not doubting your claim, I've been in lobbies/games where it has happened.  But in my experience, it's overwhelmingly perpetrated by individuals who haven't had their first bit of hair hit their bathing suit area.

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Genuinely curious as to how many of these creeps haven't hit puberty yet.  

Not doubting your claim, I've been in lobbies/games where it has happened.  But in my experience, it's overwhelmingly perpetrated by individuals who haven't had their first bit of hair hit their bathing suit area.

It’s mostly teenagers and adults in my case.

2 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

It’s mostly teenagers and adults in my case.

Gross.  I'm finding Private matches more and more fun as time goes on, especially with groups of players who don't take it too seriously and just want a few laughs.  It's way more fun to trash talk your friends than some random lobby.

10 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Yeah, I thought recent events had cleaned up some of the "Well, I'm not participating or being assailed, it must be fiction!" way of thinking.

Just kidding, I have too little faith in humanity to have actually thought that.

10 hours ago, justice4all said:

There may be a topic already posted that is similar to this, but I wanted to make one solely about harassment towards female players. Everyday that I play I get at least 2 guys that think for some reason that they can flirt with me or ask me for nudes after I have already said no. I know that this isn't only in Friday the 13th, but it happens most often in this game. But my point is, what is it about hearing a female voice that makes some people think they harass that player? I'm sorry if this seems like a whiney or off-topic post, but it does happen quite a bit when I play F13. <_<

That’s men for ya. Even I get weird when there’s a woman online I’m playing with, but I try to keep it cool. I am always a gentleman. ?

Don’t take it personally, just block them or mute them. It’s actually a pretty simple fix.

I’ve always wondered why men are like this. I guess it’s animal instinct? Some kind of subconscious need to “mate”? I don’t know, I might be a man but I won’t pretend to understand them. I don’t even understand myself. However, as for the harassment: I think it’s easier for men to be sleazy when they’re online and they are just a voice. You can bet they wouldn’t dare act that way in person! ? 

Most men(and women) will look for the easiest way to get laid. I guess it’s easier to try your luck when you can hide behind a gamertag because there are no real consequences for your actions. 

1 hour ago, justice4all said:

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this and have given me some advice. I hate having to block people on PS4, as my brother and I  have dealt with someone going WAY too far after we've blocked them. But you all are right, I should just block and mute them. Perhaps I was going to far/being a little b*tch by making this post. 

But to this person, 

No. I am not trying to start arguments. I was just trying to start a discussion. I understand that you way have not seen it happen, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And yes, it can happen towards males as well. But I was sharing my story and looking to find some answers and maybe other females who have gone through the same thing. I'm so sorry if my topic offended you, that was not my intent. 

No its all good! I did not take any offense in your topic at all! I know things like this happen and I feel bad that people like you have to go through it. If things like this happen, its good to just ignore it. It can be hard, I am a sensitive guy and I take things personally when people say sh*t that I take seriously and they take it humorlessly. Good luck to you! :) 

46 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It is because people have no fucking respect for others these days.  Why?   No consequences or repercussions.  They didn't get their asses beat enough as a kid because they didn't have enough eyes on them.  My dad was one of 13 kids.  All of his brothers and sisters stayed around the same town for the most part.  All of them had spouses.  That was 26 people able to keep an eye out for us 31 grand kids throughout a small town of 4000 people.  We couldn't get away with ANYTHING!   We were taught with a stern hand to respect others.  If we didn't, anyone of those adults had full authority to whoop our asses.  We said 'yes, sir' and 'yes, ma'am'.  People today get to hide behind their devices and say what they want.  No reporting system in place for this kind of bs.  They can do what they want.  

The good ol days.

Gamer girls do exist. And they are not playing games only to attract men. Maybe some girls pretend to like games only to get guys attention, but that's not my case. And that's not the case of a lot of other girls around the world. For the virgin douchebag guys who never really saw boobs right in front of them and thinks that you can speak with a girl the way you want only because it's a girl... Well, get out of your bedroom for a change and understand how things really work.

And for some of you saying things like "Just ignore": NO! The world is a mess right now because nowadays everyone likes to "ignore" things. 

That's it. Leave us alone. We just want to play games and if you want to see nudes, then google it or check the picture below: 

main-qimg-55c69ca7899dd09144787c87e9d85e

Enjoy the nudes ;)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I literally never hear this. Lately there has been a lot of discussion about females being harassed and such but I have never seen this first hand.  While I don't have female friends I play with, on the odd occasion they do join a game they say 'Hello' people say 'Hi' back and that's the end. They play the game as normal. Either I'm missing a lot of it or some users are over-exaggerating a bit.

I am a female and there are some guys who try to flirt or whatever but they are so young (to me anyway—18 or less) that it’s fairly innocent and I simply steer them away without making a big production of it.  It is pretty easy to end the behavior if it starts and easier to prevent it in the first place unless it is truly out of nowhere or random.

At any rate, I am with you—I’ve been playing this game for a while, I always have a mic and I have seen little-to-none of this behavior.  The only truly foul comments and behavior I’ve witnessed have been against an entire lobby in an attempt to get ANYONE to react, not against me or any other women specifically.

People are terrible.  When I join a lobby, and there is a woman in the game some guy is going to make some rude comment. Of course every time I join a game I'm usually going to hear some racist comments or someone goings to be trolling in some way or another.

Basically everyone is awful and terrible and I wish they would just die. So when I play Jason and get to fake murder them, I feel a little better.

Just now, carnage4u said:

People are terrible.  When I join a lobby, and there is a woman in the game some guy is going to make some rude comment. Of course every time I join a game I'm usually going to hear some racist comments or someone goings to be trolling in some way or another.

Basically everyone is awful and terrible and I wish everyone would just die. So when I play Jason and get to fake murder them, I feel a little better.

What platform are you on?  This just blows my mind because I have been playing this for a while now, I’m a woman, always have a mic, and I’ve played with many different people and I’ve literally never heard anyone make a random bad comment against women in the lobby or make racist comments in a lobby the way it is being described here.  =\  So weird.