There may be a topic already posted that is similar to this, but I wanted to make one solely about harassment towards female players. Everyday that I play I get at least 2 guys that think for some reason that they can flirt with me or ask me for nudes after I have already said no. I know that this isn't only in Friday the 13th, but it happens most often in this game. But my point is, what is it about hearing a female voice that makes some people think they harass that player? I'm sorry if this seems like a whiney or off-topic post, but it does happen quite a bit when I play F13. <_<

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oddly enough, I haven't seen that kind of behavior in this game, and there's LOTS of female players. Most of the time they're just another player. Sometimes guys will even act chivalrous towards them and offer them pocket knives, rides, other forms of safety. It's funny actually.

Sorry you got the other end of the spectrum.

What platform are you on? We have clubs around so you can play with people who aren't gross. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ive seen a few guys do this, but as you said its not exclusive to this game. Most of the time it seems like its the younger crowd that seems to ask someones gender or start acting like fools.

I've got a friend who is a female gamer who plays this game with me. She's awesome and only time she's ever had a issue with a guy was with a kid, he kept saying she would date him and all that and was trying his hardest to get her number and it was the most funniest thing I've ever seen, she muted the kid but I didn't and was having so much fun listening to the kid beg for her number and all that. 

Why? Because people still think that the internet is a forest in which you can scream and no scream will come back out of it. All these youngsters use it as a big playground and parents don't teach them how to respectfully use it. They think that they can't get any trouble for what they are doing. Heck sometimes i think that they can't even realise that they are talking with real human beings because they're watching at a videogame and someone happens to talk to them. 

Mute them, report them to xbox/playstation/steam. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Oddly enough, I haven't seen that kind of behavior in this game, and there's LOTS of female players. Most of the time they're just another player. Sometimes guys will even act chivalrous towards them and offer them pocket knives, rides, other forms of safety. It's funny actually.

Sorry you got the other end of the spectrum.

What platform are you on? We have clubs around so you can play with people who aren't gross. 

It's hilarious when a girl says "does anyone have a mic?" And the lobby has mic symbols lighting up and you just hear "hey" "hi" "what's up?" "how you doing?" Lol this game is full of thirsty guys 

• Haha 2

I never mic. Which is probably why I don't run into many encounters. The worst I get is the occasional flirty message here and there. But they're harmless. One guy did get weird though, turned out he was in an unhappy marriage and he started to send very inappropriate pictures to me which i never asked for lol. Blocked him right after, shame though, before that he was a cool dude to talk to. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The7Reaper said:

It's hilarious when a girl says "does anyone have a mic?" And the lobby has mic symbols lighting up and you just hear "hey" "hi" "what's up?" "how you doing?" Lol this game is full of thirsty guys 

Yeah men can be thirsty but I'm not like that, I'm always on mic and I'm always nice to people. Doesn't matter the gender, as long as your respectful I'm respectful to them. 

• Like 3

I am sorry to hear this, I have never come across this on xbox live but I think it happens for three reasons: There aren't too many female gamers you get to speak to and suddenly everyone wants to chat, secondly it can be a high-testosterone-environment with all those 'pro gamers' and thirdly the anonymity of just voices and no names gives certain people the confidence and freedom to say things they wouldn't and shouldn't say to you in person. They could be joking with peer pressure from friends in the game or just in reality a very lonely individual. And fourthly, they could just be a bad person.

I don't want to put anyone off using a mic in game as it can enhance the game experience when you get a good and friendly conversation with different people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I literally never hear this. Lately there has been a lot of discussion about females being harassed and such but I have never seen this first hand.  While I don't have female friends I play with, on the odd occasion they do join a game they say 'Hello' people say 'Hi' back and that's the end. They play the game as normal. Either I'm missing a lot of it or some users are over-exaggerating a bit.

• Like 2

sorry about this its mostly kids i have one or two adults as well ether one mute or two leave and find lobby where you don't have to deal with that nonsense 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justice4all said:

There may be a topic already posted that is similar to this, but I wanted to make one solely about harassment towards female players. Everyday that I play I get at least 2 guys that think for some reason that they can flirt with me or ask me for nudes after I have already said no. I know that this isn't only in Friday the 13th, but it happens most often in this game. But my point is, what is it about hearing a female voice that makes some people think they harass that player? I'm sorry if this seems like a whiney or off-topic post, but it does happen quite a bit when I play F13. <_<

There's been a couple threads on this previously.

As a female you're receiving a specific type of harassment in-game. In general, almost everyone who has played this game has been harassed at some point, in some manner. I've been called more racist and homophobic slurs playing this game than I could possibly count. 

Be proactive: Block and report (to Playstation, XBox or Steam) anyone harassing you. If a user is banned or suspended because of your report, you have prevented someone else from experiencing the same harassment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

People are assholes. Online gaming is a toxic place. It sucks but it's true. I wish it wasn't. It helps me to remember that not everyone acts like this when dumb shit happens. Some asshole sent a swat team to someone's house and got them killed last week over teamkilling in Call of Duty. The guy that got killed had zero to do with any of it. When people act stupid in a multiplayer game I take a break and go play something single player or play something co-op with my wife. 

• Like 1

luckily, I've only seen this a couple of times with this game. in most instances, the female players put the little pricks in their place. standing up for yourself is key, followed by muting and reporting. i don't generally like to play "white night" but if a female player (or anyone else who's getting harassed for that matter) doesn't seem to be able to stand up for themselves, i have no problem doing it. there's no room in gaming for any type of harassment. 

• Like 1

Not seen so far in this game. surprisingly, because i have seen every other sort of harrasment so far in QP. I have seen the "opposite" tough beeing all flirty and talking about letting jason do things for survival just to turn into the mothership of all bitches when jason didn´t give a crap. was kinda funny tough.

6 hours ago, justice4all said:

Every time they ask for a nude photo, send them a photo of John Holmes’ wang. 

• Haha 3

The simple solution to this is to mute them.

You can be sure that the player-base includes some pathetic individuals who think this is appropriate.

I hate this shit. I've run into more than one female player that are really good at this game (I've been killed by several, in fact), and it pisses me off that the fedora-wearing virgin basement-dwellers hoping to make a love connection with every single girl they run into online are driving them away. So fucking pathetic.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, justice4all said:

"Ki-ki-ki . . . ma-ma-ma . . . but I won't kill you if you Send Nudes."

<_<

This game is amazing for the fact that there are a huge number of females who love playing it just as much as men.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of d-bags out there in the online gaming community.  Personally, I experienced only one match where some a-hole was saying pretty vile things to a female player.  I sent him a message, called him out for being a moron, and told him to shut his mouth.  I received the expected response filled with curses, which I was so happy to get, because I sent that right through the PS reporting system.  It may not do much, but it's something I guess.  Hang in there, ignore the lowlifes, and keep playing!! :)

I have yet to see someone flirt with a female or ask for nudes.

Usually what happens is that guys try to help females more as male players when Jason grabs or focuses on them.

You’re a guy and Jason is trying to kill you? Good luck when there is a female player as well lol.

But the whole harassment thing never ever happened while I was playing with females.

Meh..   if its such a big deal just mute the players ASAP>

I mean..  you could stand up for yourself but people are stupid.     As something myself and my big mouth female friends always put up with.  If you out shit talk a loud mouth.. they just end up crying and bitching about being out shit talked.

So many times...We've had people come in and start off by being a pervert douche bag.. Then YELLING at their top of their lungs after we mock and troll the hell out of him after.  Problem is once they start crying it doesn't stop.,...lol

But.. if they say something perverted and you mock and troll them.. And they just laugh it off as if they deserved getting mocked and trolled.  Hes probably cool...  a bit pervey but reasonable..  lol

So take a quick jab if you want.. Then mute/block them .

My advice is to ask them about FIFA and which team they think will win World Cup. 

Shuts them down every time.  Or just mute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll call a guy out that is creeping on a female gamer every time.  It's not appropriate nor appreciated and it adds to the toxicity of the community.  Women shouldn't have to gimp their own ability to cooperate within a game because men can't keep their libidos in check.  It's an asymmetrical horror game, not Tinder. 

If the virtue of being a decent human being isn't enough to stem that behavior, then consider the fact that when a player mutes other players, it diminishes the teams overall ability to effectively communicate and coordinate within a game that relies heavily on effective teamwork.  So if you need a selfish, egocentric motivational factor, then consider your own ability to complete a match alive.

Bottom line...stop creeping on female players.  If they want to engage in more than just a friendly match of F13, they'll tell you on their own.