4 minutes ago, daughterofolaf said:

What platform are you on?  This just blows my mind because I have been playing this for a while now, I’m a woman, always have a mic, and I’ve played with many different people and I’ve literally never heard anyone make a random bad comment against women in the lobby or make racist comments in a lobby the way it is being described here.  =\  So weird. 

I'm on PS4, and the racism is just as prevalent, if not moreso. Mostly because it's usually a bunch of white dudes calling Buggzy the n-word. I, too, am a white dude, and this irritates me to no end. People get online and think they're wearing a bulletproof vest of anonymity. I wish accountability were easier.

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I'm on PS4, and the racism is just as prevalent, if not moreso. Mostly because it's usually a bunch of white dudes calling Buggzy the n-word. I, too, am a white dude, and this irritates me to no end. People get online and think they're wearing a bulletproof vest of anonymity. I wish accountability were easier.

Hm. I’m on Xbox and I’m not saying this never happens because obviously I am not there 24/7 but I have played for hours and hours and hours and have never once experienced any of that.  I have seen people on this board say that the PS Community seems to be far worse than Xbox so maybe that is actually true. :( 

3 hours ago, Dapper Dragon said:

I'll call a guy out that is creeping on a female gamer every time.  It's not appropriate nor appreciated and it adds to the toxicity of the community.  Women shouldn't have to gimp their own ability to cooperate within a game because men can't keep their libidos in check.  It's an asymmetrical horror game, not Tinder. 

If the virtue of being a decent human being isn't enough to stem that behavior, then consider the fact that when a player mutes other players, it diminishes the teams overall ability to effectively communicate and coordinate within a game that relies heavily on effective teamwork.  So if you need a selfish, egocentric motivational factor, then consider your own ability to complete a match alive.

Bottom line...stop creeping on female players.  If they want to engage in more than just a friendly match of F13, they'll tell you on their own.

Sigh...I see we have to break this one out again.
maidens-that-Ive-rescued-on-the-internet

3 hours ago, NScarlato said:

I was planing a female elf and this guy starts hitting on me. Another female character was nearby so he hit on her too.  I said I was 14 and he said he was 38 and asked us to go to his in-game house.  I was sending the other female private messages how gross that was.  

We went to his house and we asked him if we could move the bed to a special spot and asked him to leave the house for 10 minutes while we got ready.  He gave us admin rights to the house and left.  We then moved his 300 house items into a huge pile in front of the bedroom door and logged out. 

Haha, that's how it's done.

• Haha 1

I play on the PC. I will admit that there are times, where I'll join a lobby and people are not savages, and the same group basically stays together, so its an ok night, but that is an exception. There is always a troll in the group.  I have seen on multiple occasions 1 random troll just repeating the same racial slur over and over again, like an abused parrot.

I'm sorry this happened to you, and still happens.

My Girlfriend is always reluctant to go online and use her mic because she's experienced similar attitudes from people towards her.

I've encountered many female gamers on F13, and sadly it's all to common to witness a creepy douchbag guy in the lobby who thinks he's James Bond or something, but is really just an awkward Creep.

I also don't understand all the people on this forum telling the poster to just deal with it, and that somehow their form of harassment maybe racial or homophobic negates hers or downplays it somehow. Come on people, harassment of any kind is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated, or ignored.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Well I see this devolved into the dumpster fire I knew it would.

Well done, everyone.

I didn't think it would end up being like this. I'm so sorry y'all. 

I’m not trying to undermine the harassment you’ve faced but I feel as though decent players(such as ourselves) are subjected to all sorts of toxic behavior in my experience. It’s sucks but the best thing to do is to play with the same group of people. Oh and beware of public matches they tend to be the most cancerous.

[In a desperate and futile attempt to get things closer to the original post] 

I have seen this happen in games, and understand how it can compound into a frustrating experience when you are made to feel that the mere sound of your voice is going to trigger unwanted sexual overtones from fellow players. As this game was designed with verbal communication as a core component (though recent attempts have been made to accommodate those who can't or won't), it can (I'm sure) be doubly frustrating when you are made to feel as though you have to choose between not communicating in-game or facing unwanted singling-out. 

I do believe other players can make a difference, but I do not think big change can always happen quickly. I am of the mindset that when you are frustrated by the experience of the current norm, it's nice to be able (in the case of this game) to meet up with some like-minded players and play in a...call it what you want: safe-space, comfort-zone, circle-of-friends, "mah house", the neighborhood, etc.

There are a few communities like that around here. I host one for the PS4. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

[In a desperate and futile attempt to get things closer to the original post] 

I have seen this happen in games, and understand how it can compound into a frustrating experience when you are made to feel that the mere sound of your voice is going to trigger unwanted sexual overtones from fellow players. As this game was designed with verbal communication as a core component (though recent attempts have been made to accommodate those who can't or won't), it can (I'm sure) be doubly frustrating when you are made to feel as though you have to choose between not communicating in-game or facing unwanted singling-out. 

I do believe other players can make a difference, but I do not think big change can always happen quickly. I am of the mindset that when you are frustrated by the experience of the current norm, it's nice to be able (in the case of this game) to meet up with some like-minded players and play in a...call it what you want: safe-space, comfort-zone, circle-of-friends, "mah house", the neighborhood, etc.

There are a few communities like that around here. I host one for the PS4. 

Thank you for your advice! I think I am going to try and find some "safe-spaces" (although that seems SJW-ish) with some more like-minded players. 

• Like 1

Locking this topic as people keep spamming the report button. I'm quite unwell and can't concentrate very well so I'll leave this for review.

• Sad 1

I have reviewed this thread and I am very disappointed with some of you. Harassment in any form is a concerning issue and speaking about it constructively there is no problem with. This thread started off on the right foot and devolved into a mess. I strongly advise everyone to follow the rules hurling insults and further directing a conversation down the wrong road is a no go. 

• Like 3