Sign in to follow this  
Brigadius

What's going on with the like system?

A few things here but first things first. Does somebody really like Ragevirus because for the last two days he's gone from zero to 20 likes in a matter of minutes. Not bashing him or anything it's just very strange to rack up so many likes instantaneously especially 2 days running and he hasn't even logged in today. Maybe he has some secret admirers out there. 

Also, can we get an update on if we are ever getting the ability to see who liked posts back. I know shifty said he was looking into it but haven't heard anything in a minute now. @ShiftySamurai

I guess his fan club is out in full force.

That does seem odd though. Something isn't adding up.

Yes, I just checked he hasn't had any new post in a while and all five of his wins are in this last week. Something strange is afoot. 

Yes the system is messed up. I once had a win for the day for most likes. Vanished after 3 days and went to @lHeartBreakerl. 😄 

It's all good though. I got a picture of it. 👍

y4mB91kPXp2KUWNxc1zoWkOUYjfC07bDn7DKaz4C

I liked being able to see who liked a post.

I don't think it's coming back.

This has never bothered me, though im not sure why they made the change to begin with.

I could give a crap who likes my posts or sees the posts I like.

We aren't trading Illuminati/Government secrets around here.

On the totem pole of concerns. This is way down the totem pole, but that's just me.

1. Servers

2. Fixing Jason/Balance

3. Content/New Modes of play

My order of directives.

Directive 4 is classified.

• Like 1

I don't concern myself with likes.  I just speak my mind and how it is and let the rest fall into place.  Unless the likes are gonna win me a new "exclusive" Jason or counselor or perk set, I could care less.  I do tend to give them out though.  I know some people like them and some have really good posts.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

We aren't trading Illuminati/Government secrets around here.

No....we're not...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I don't concern myself with likes.  I just speak my mind and how it is and let the rest fall into place.  Unless the likes are gonna win me a new "exclusive" Jason or counselor or perk set, I could care less.  I do tend to give them out though.  I know some people like them and some have really good posts.  

And that, good sir, is why you get a like. :lol:

Are we really concerning ourselves over Likes? Post some content and if people reply, cool. If not, no biggie. Likes? I mean, c'mon. How much insignificant virtual validation does one need?

2 minutes ago, Gacys Clown said:

Are we really concerning ourselves over Likes? Post some content and if people reply, cool. If not, no biggie. Likes? I mean, c'mon. How much insignificant virtual validation does one need?

It's not about validation or anything like that. It's more of an interesting "tidbit" for the day. It's always interesting to see which post caused the most reactions in a day...It's obviously a good post, in most cases. I know I'm interested in reading what's garnering the most attention around here.

But how a guy who hasn't posted since Dec. 22nd has suddenly "won" 5 out of the last 7 days escapes me. He literally hasn't posted in that time.

Something isn't adding up, and knowing ol' Rage like we do, I'm pretty sure I know what's up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gacys Clown said:

What @AldermachXI said. Likes are just a way of seeing what's going on. Usually good posts get the likes and a lot of discussion goes on around them. 

Just found it odd that he's increased his like count 33% and won his only 5 days all within the last six days when he's been here for a year and hasn't posted in almost 2 weeks. 

It is kind of weird.  I have noticed an increase in my count as well but I have been active.  I was at 197 yesterday and now I think I cleared over 204?  I am usually pretty brash in my posts so I usually don't get that many likes.  :lol:

Maybe certain likes like the thanks or something is giving double points?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

It is kind of weird.  I have noticed an increase in my count as well but I have been active.  I was at 197 yesterday and now I think I cleared over 204?  I am usually pretty brash in my posts so I usually don't get that many likes.  :lol:

Maybe certain likes like the thanks or something is giving double points?  

Don't sell yourself short.

I might be one of the brashest mofos on this thing. I think I'm sitting around 8th in total likes...and @bewareofbears is still the King. He's doesn't sugar coat things either.

Sometimes you just gotta get your point across. People respect that :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Don't sell yourself short.

I might be one of the brashest mofos on this thing. I think I'm sitting around 8th in total likes...and @bewareofbears is still the King. He's doesn't sugar coat things either.

Sometimes you just gotta get your point across. People respect that :P

are people actually giving a flying fish about this? i find it rather annoying. this isn´t a social media or a popularity contest.