Sign in to follow this  
RichWalk9891

I'll never groan at using an Iron Poker as a weapon again

Today, I played a Quick Match where I was able to kill Jason as Tommy.

A player had already acquired Pamela's Sweater, and I make the decision to de-mask Jason. Only problem is at the time, or at least I had thought so, was that had only got an iron poker as a damage weapon.

I didn't want to risk running away to search for a better weapon while getting the Pamela Sweater girl killed, so I decided to give the weapon a go. Even though the recent update had made that weapon stronger than it was before, would it have made that much of a difference anyway?

...Turns out I de-masked Part 6 Jason in just three quick hits. With an Iron Poker. I then made a mad dash to find a Machete, and once I had found it, I was able to kill Jason for the first time.

Feels satisfying to use a weapon that was once considered to be a 'joke weapon' to play a role in successfully killing Jason.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I guess I'm missing something...The fire poker has always been a good weapon for damage...

This!!  Although not as good as a machete or axe, it's an adequate weapon to inflict damage with an above average durability :)

I must admit I do pick the fire poker up only to drop it when I find an axe or baseball bat - I have never used it in anger or at all..

Whilst on the subject of weapons or lack of when I need one, I sometimes pick up the saucepan or cooking pot till I find (I presume are better), a wrench or something similar. I have never used either of these. Are they good weapons? And which is better should I pick up the cooking pot or the saucepan when I am in a kitchen or by a stove?

20 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

I must admit I do pick the fire poker up only to drop it when I find an axe or baseball bat - I have never used it in anger or at all..

Whilst on the subject of weapons or lack of when I need one, I sometimes pick up the saucepan or cooking pot till I find (I presume are better), a wrench or something similar. I have never used either of these. Are they good weapons? And which is better should I pick up the cooking pot or the saucepan when I am in a kitchen or by a stove?

The pan, pot, and wrench have the exact same stats :)  They are some of the most durable weapons and they have above average ability to stun Jason.  They're all weak in the damage department though.

@Serum79 Thanks, I couldn't scientifically work out which was better my brain said pot looks more durable but heart said frying pan because of larger surface area and well its a frying pan! Good to know they all have the same stat - I can now add some variety to my weapon choice rather than the dull and too commonly used wrench!

4 hours ago, a kamikaze man said:

@Serum79 Thanks, I couldn't scientifically work out which was better my brain said pot looks more durable but heart said frying pan because of larger surface area and well its a frying pan! Good to know they all have the same stat - I can now add some variety to my weapon choice rather than the dull and too commonly used wrench!

The frying pan also brings the joy of smashing a psychotic murdering zombie man over the head with a frying pan.

11 hours ago, RichWalk9891 said:

Today, I played a Quick Match where I was able to kill Jason as Tommy.

A player had already acquired Pamela's Sweater, and I make the decision to de-mask Jason. Only problem is at the time, or at least I had thought so, was that had only got an iron poker as a damage weapon.

I didn't want to risk running away to search for a better weapon while getting the Pamela Sweater girl killed, so I decided to give the weapon a go. Even though the recent update had made that weapon stronger than it was before, would it have made that much of a difference anyway?

...Turns out I de-masked Part 6 Jason in just three quick hits. With an Iron Poker. I then made a mad dash to find a Machete, and once I had found it, I was able to kill Jason for the first time.

Feels satisfying to use a weapon that was once considered to be a 'joke weapon' to play a role in successfully killing Jason.

The only reason it’s called a “joke” is because of it’s low stun chance. It always dealt good damage. 

Chad with a frying pan in his hand is no joke, either. Stuns for days.

Every weapon is the same now except when it comes to de masking. I have been 1 hit stuned by everything. Very rarely does it not happen. In bots they sometimes hit me an im froze in place but can still grab, an if the bots werent complete idiots an run back at me for either a grab or another "stun" i'd have had to quit so many matches. Weapons need to seriously be looked at bc Jason should not be knocked out everytime wind hits his face

• Like 1

I surprised that the rain doesn’t stun Jason in his current state, he is a joke, this thread confirms it for the 1000 time.