How are you guys doing in your badge progress? Do you even care?

I am working on all boat stuff. I have been letting people fix the boat lately so I can try to get some of the badges for tipping it over and drowning people.  Damn the completionist side of me. For this purpose alone I wish there were options in private matches to select the type of escapes you want. 

I had a match where I kept letting a Deb think she could get in and start it to keep flipping the boat. Apparently it still only counted as once even though I did it 4 times before drowning her. A little frustrating, but I guess that's what I get for tormenting and playing with her.

started the game 11/30/17 as of 1/1/18 i am lv 90. i think i may be going thru the game a little fast but i got a few to go. and yea the Jason boat badges and being Tommy is definitely the hardest currently for me.

I got the game around digital release date and just got 113 Tommy respawms today. Yeah, surprisingly one of the longer ones to get.

As for the boat, it's already uncommon to get a map with a boat spawn, more uncommon that you are Jason with one. Even more rare that they actually fix it. 

I used to care more than I do but I have lost out on so much badge progression due to the usual issues specifically related to a match not being completed that I lost interest for the most part. 

At least I finally got all of the badges 'highlighted' (a couple of months ago)...the one that took the longest was escaping by boat 13 times. I had escaped at least 30 when I stopped counting but again - raging host quits, connection issues & all that jazz. 

47 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

. Apparently it still only counted as once even though I did it 4 times before drowning her. A little frustrating, but I guess that's what I get for tormenting and playing with her.

A badge will only update one value in a single game even if you do the action multiple times per game. 

1 hour ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

A badge will only update one value in a single game even if you do the action multiple times per game. 

That's what I thought. It had been a while since I had been playing a lot. Forgot it's like Trapper and only the one trap counts. Thanks.

@Spinesplitter you aren't lying about the escaping but game not finishing issues. Whether it's hosts quitting, connections drop or whatever, it's an irritating experience to accomplish those things only to lose the progress. 

• Like 1

All done.  Just the 1313 trophy and the 500 and 1000 matches as Jason to get.  I will never see those though.  I don't care for playing as Jason.  Especially right now.  

7 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

All done.  Just the 1313 trophy and the 500 and 1000 matches as Jason to get.  I will never see those though.  I don't care for playing as Jason.  Especially right now.  

It's a better experience in Quick Play right now(at least playing as Jason is) with so many new players on. For achievements I only need 500 matches and 1000 matches as Jason. Almost at 250 matches though so I don't know if those are in my future. Dumb choices for achievements.

Congrats to all of you that got all of your badges done though. Quite the feat to overcome all of the obstacles on completing games and achieving those.

Talking about badges, didn't the devs said that the VC completion badge will be transferred to the main game?

4 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Talking about badges, didn't the devs said that the VC completion badge will be transferred to the main game?

The original one was supposed to, but that would have been for PC players only.  Not sure if it did or not. 

8 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

The original one was supposed to, but that would have been for PC players only.  Not sure if it did or not. 

I'm pretty sure that nobody got it, they just forgot about it. It's that kind of thing that makes see that the game is not what it was supposed to be.

15 hours ago, malloymk said:

Got em all. Respawn as Tommy was surprisingly one of the harder ones.

Not too surprising. It’s one of the few that is dependent almost entirely upon luck, and even if you put yourself out there as bait to be the first killed is no guarantee that Jason will take it or even notice, or even if anybody will use the radio in the first place. And if you do get to be Tommy you still have to worry about the host quitting or timing out. 

I came up with a personal achievement regarding the badges: if you complete all counselor badges before you hit the maximum level, you earned your Eagle. If you've managed to get all silver counselor badges before you hit the maximum level, you have a Silver Eagle. If you get all gold counselor badges prior to maxing out, you have a Golden Eagle. Earning all Jason badges before maxing out is a Grey Buzzard. Earning all red Jason badges before maxing out is a Red Buzzard. All black Jason badges prior to maximum level is a Black Buzzard. I'm currently Level 108 and have earned an Eagle and a Grey Buzzard. I'm getting close to the Silver Eagle (two left to go) and a Red Buzzard (one remaining). I had both the Eagle and Grey Buzzard before hitting Level 101 (the original maximum).