Sign in to follow this  
Daneasaur

Discussion of the final spoiler in the virtual cabin

While this is common knowledge to anyone who has done it, I'm still gonna preserve the spoiler nature of it.

That said, I'm curious as to what folks think may be the Stat layout for Uber Jason.

I personally think he may be similar to Savini in that he will have a fairly similar layout of abilities, but with some changes.

Savini's Layout is +Damage, +Destruction, +Shift, -Walk, -Water Speed, -Grip

With Uber, I see it making full sense to also be +Destruction and +Damage, but perhaps +Stun resistance. On the flipside, -Water and -Walk work fine and perhaps instead of grip, he has -Morph

Would this seem to be a fair layout for most folks?

I'd go with:

+Hit Points

+Defense

+Stun Resistance

- Traps

- Water Speed

- Can Run

The reality is that there are only a few "prime" stats that anybody really cares about in the current metagame. If Uber doesn't get Shift/Destruction/Weapon Strength/Traps at least at normal levels, people will rage. They'll probably also want at least one of those stats as a bonus. Pretty much everything else will put people into a bitch-fest. If there is a - Shift the friggin' world will end for some as well. The developers have done this to themselves by making only a couple abilities/traits meaningful.

In regards to Uber, I really just see him as a defensively bolstered Jason at this point. I think those stats are probably fine for him. I guarantee people will find them to be too under-powered. I wouldn't give him +destruction or +damage at this point. Too many Jasons already have one or the other (or both).

+ Stun Resistance

+ HP

+ Morph

- water speed (will the Grendel map even have water??)

- stalk

- Can't run

I also think it's possible Uber jason will be unique with 4 strengths but no traps at all. 

15 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

+ Stun Resistance

+ HP

+ Morph

- water speed (will the Grendel map even have water??)

- stalk

- Can't run

I also think it's possible Uber jason will be unique with 4 strengths but no traps at all. 

I doubt there will be water of any type on that map. But the stat would still apply on the majority of maps, so I'll go with it.;)

3 hours ago, Malken said:

Any thoughts on how the Grendel's layout might affect shifting? 

The map itself may just completely shift the balance of the game in Jason's favor. Some of the assets I have seen are just narrow hallways. Cabins are a key factor in kiting Jason along with open space to dodge shift. So depending on how they are implemented on the Grendel it might make the game much easier for Jason or much harder.

Uber Jason and the grendel might be locked to their own game mode but no one really knows yet.