Sign in to follow this  
DiegoElFuego

Hmmm. Until I'm 150... I'm going AFK unless I'm host.

I have thought about doing this....

But definitely I'm going AFK especially during increased XP times. We are all sick of the issues of course.

I'm going to grab a weapon, bar a door, and set a trap, all for the XP, then I'm done.

LOL

Even if the game is in a bad state that really does not give you the right to be a dick to the other players that are trying to enjoy the game. I can tell you right now that you are no more important than any other person that paid their hard earned money for this game, even if you think you are.

Feel free to AFK or rubberband and ruin the experience for everyone else, just know that players like I and many others are recording and happily sending in evidence of cheaters, hackers and just plain douchebags on a daily basis in many games.

We may not be the heroes the gaming industry needs but we are the ones it deserves and we will happily shove that "LOL" down your throat by lending our force to the inevitable ban hammer coming your way. 

Good day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Others enjoying the game?

So they and I can get a bunch of shit done, and have the host quit, and lose the XP? That's sure enjoyable for everyone.

I don't quit games, never have, as I want the XP. That alone makes me better than 90% of the online players of this game. If I die, I have other shit to do until match starts.

You've got a screw loose if you think this makes ME bad. I've been on this shit since maybe 2 weeks after launch, and am at LV 127. You BEST believe that I've EASILY lost enough XP to be at 150. When they lock stuff behind levels and it's as easy to lose your work as it is, Gun can't dare ban anyone, lest they want to reinstate everyone's lost XP. Cause and effect.

The fact that I've only just now decided to do this after so long, is a testament to my patience. Also, as I said, I'll play as normal IF I'M HOST. That means outside of a random dashboard, the god damn match will actually finish. Being a host last night for 10+ matches was great and smooth, until the POS dashboards, then guess what, not host, and get like 4 host rages in a fucking row.

This isn't on me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Being useless is being useless. Id rather you not even take up a space in my lobby if youre attitude is to not even try. Does it suck when someone rages out? Sure. Does that mean you should be able to sit their like a lump while others try? Fuck no. Get out of here with that kind of attitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

I honestly don’t know how certain people stay AFK for hours. If I tried that I’d be kicked for “lost connection” the first few minutes and it would just be sitting there lol

38 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I honestly don’t know how certain people stay AFK for hours. If I tried that I’d be kicked for “lost connection” the first few minutes and it would just be sitting there lol

I got kicked for inactivity once while staying crouched in the forest waiting for the cops. I don't know if it's different depending on the platform but I'm on Steam. I certainly learned my lesson -> gotta stay active, at the very least move the camera around.

3 hours ago, DiegoElFuego said:

Others enjoying the game?

So they and I can get a bunch of shit done, and have the host quit, and lose the XP? That's sure enjoyable for everyone.

I don't quit games, never have, as I want the XP. That alone makes me better than 90% of the online players of this game. If I die, I have other shit to do until match starts.

You've got a screw loose if you think this makes ME bad. I've been on this shit since maybe 2 weeks after launch, and am at LV 127. You BEST believe that I've EASILY lost enough XP to be at 150. When they lock stuff behind levels and it's as easy to lose your work as it is, Gun can't dare ban anyone, lest they want to reinstate everyone's lost XP. Cause and effect.

The fact that I've only just now decided to do this after so long, is a testament to my patience. Also, as I said, I'll play as normal IF I'M HOST. That means outside of a random dashboard, the god damn match will actually finish. Being a host last night for 10+ matches was great and smooth, until the POS dashboards, then guess what, not host, and get like 4 host rages in a fucking row.

This isn't on me.

You're bitter about hosts rage-quitting, I get it. We all hate it, and I really hope that once school starts back up, it will die down a little. I am, however, a little dubious of your stat of "90% of the player base" rage quitting. I know it seems like it sometimes, but that estimate seems a little high.

Some other people in this thread are correct, going AFK in a match just because you aren't the host reeks of entitlement. Is your time more important or valuable than the other 6 counselors in the game? You are saying that you are going to be a useless counselor 85.714286% of the time. If more people adopt this selfish approach, it will make for some really boring online matches. What is the point in even starting a match if you aren't going to play the game? Are you just trying to "beat" it by reaching level 150?  You say "This isn't on me." Actually, it is on you...100%

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, DiegoElFuego said:

I have thought about doing this....

But definitely I'm going AFK especially during increased XP times. We are all sick of the issues of course.

I'm going to grab a weapon, bar a door, and set a trap, all for the XP, then I'm done.

LOL

or you could choose not be an ass and just level with offline bots if you care that much about getting 150, it´s really fast. "but others started to be asses" isn´t a reason to be an ass aswell,.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Being useless is being useless. Id rather you not even take up a space in my lobby if youre attitude is to not even try. Does it suck when someone rages out? Sure. Does that mean you should be able to sit their like a lump while others try? Fuck no. Get out of here with that kind of attitude.

Exactly, I've had people do this is my lobby, 5 games in a row, I ended the lobby after that. Fuck people taking advantage of others.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, johnnyfoodstamp said:

Yeah, with offline bots being a thing going AFK just seems like a waste of time.  But hey, the bonus here is you paid for the game and you can play it anyway you want! :)

If other people are involved, you have a responsibility to them, so you can't just play how you want completely.

@DiegoElFuego Pulling some AFK shit makes you worse than the rage quitters. Don't be a premeditated bitch. 

• Like 1

What you're suggesting makes you essentially just as bad as the quitters. Having an attitude like this is selfish. How enjoyable would the game be if every single person playing had the same mindset? Do you think you're the only person that has suffered playing this game online? We've all had bad experiences, but some of us battle on in the hope of coming across rooms of decent people (which can actually be found). We don't deserve to have our games tarred by self serving-people who decide to AFK because they can't take the heartache of a possible leaver making the game end. The leavers unfortunately are the risk we all have to take when we play this game at the moment. If the double experience means that much to you, there's a single player mode that's just been added where you can get 2000+ exp for 5-7 minutes of gameplay. Do that please instead of adding to the problem we have right now. Besides quitters and cheaters, there's nothing I hate more than working my butt off, trying to help the team, to then die and witness someone standing still doing nothing. Don't sink to the level of the people that are causing you upset.

1 hour ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Your time is just as important as other people's. 

This is exactly why people are pissed, you're wasting OUR time by being willfully useless and potentially running up the 20 minute timer.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Hate AFKers.   Go afk in your own lobbies.  

This doesnt make sense.

If it's my own lobby, it'll actually finish, so there's no reason to go AFK. I'll get XP for my efforts.

1 hour ago, Alcanx said:

This is exactly why people are pissed, you're wasting OUR time by being willfully useless and potentially running up the 20 minute timer.

Not as if the match would actually finish, now is it? LOL.

4 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

If other people are involved, you have a responsibility to them, so you can't just play how you want completely.

@DiegoElFuego Pulling some AFK shit makes you worse than the rage quitters. Don't be a premeditated bitch. 

Funny, your train of thought doesn't apply to rage quitter hosts. They play exactly how they want, at everyone's expense.

3 hours ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

@DiegoElFuego

I like your spirit. 

Dont let the people here detour your plans. Your time is just as important as other people's. Always play how you want.

You'd have a point here, except that going AFK doesn't involve actually playing the game. In fact, it's the opposite of actually playing the game. If he wants his lvl 150 so badly, he should just grind XP with bots. That'll give him exactly what he wants without having to be a douche to anyone else.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Malken said:

You'd have a point here, except that going AFK doesn't involve actually playing the game. In fact, it's the opposite of actually playing the game. If he wants his lvl 150 so badly, he should just grind XP with bots. That'll give him exactly what he wants without having to be a douche to anyone else.

Why do you and others feel you have the right to tell someone how they can play their game?

Im not a fan of it but I would rather have a lobby full of AFkers than a host who quits, or Jason helpers. A person who goes AFK does nothing to effect you. They are useless to the team yes, but you can still escape without them.

A person who goes AFK is a sick, but it's their right to be a dick. So instead of bitching, learn to adapt and overcome.

2 hours ago, DiegoElFuego said:

Funny, your train of thought doesn't apply to rage quitter hosts. They play exactly how they want, at everyone's expense

At least rage quitters have the excuse of not being able to control their emotions. Crimes of passion are more forgivable in the eyes of society.

Rage quitters would rather not quit if they could control themselves. You're going out of your way, in a calm fashion, to make other people's games suck.

1 hour ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Why do you and others feel you have the right to tell someone how they can play their game?

Im not a fan of it but I would rather have a lobby full of AFkers than a host who quits, or Jason helpers. A person who goes AFK does nothing to effect you. They are useless to the team yes, but you can still escape without them.

A person who goes AFK is a sick, but it's their right to be a dick. So instead of bitching, learn to adapt and overcome.

Just stop.   Going AFK is not the time to tell people they can play (or not) as they want.  

15 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Even if the game is in a bad state that really does not give you the right to be a dick to the other players that are trying to enjoy the game. I can tell you right now that you are no more important than any other person that paid their hard earned money for this game, even if you think you are.

Feel free to AFK or rubberband and ruin the experience for everyone else, just know that players like I and many others are recording and happily sending in evidence of cheaters, hackers and just plain douchebags on a daily basis in many games.

We may not be the heroes the gaming industry needs but we are the ones it deserves and we will happily shove that "LOL" down your throat by lending our force to the inevitable ban hammer coming your way. 

Good day.

Oh calm down. 

The “players like you and many others” need to sort out your priorities. 

There’s a lot more wrong with this game then what this guy is doing. People who team up with Jason, connection issues, Jason being nerfed, hilariously stupid counselor costumes, pointless emotes, and countless glitches just to name a few. What this guy is doing falls pretty damn low on the list of shit that needs to be addressed for this game.

3 hours ago, DiegoElFuego said:

Not as if the match would actually finish, now is it? LOL.

Let me get this straight, you hate 'wasting time' playing the game legit, but it's totally fine to waste other people's time waiting for your AFK dumbass to get found because 'hey, it will eventually'!

If I ever see you in my lobby, I know to shut it down straight away, so your post wasn't entirely useless. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

This is the dumbest solution to a problem I think I’ve heard on these forums. You don’t like quitters but you’d rather AFK entire matches for the duration of your gameplay to the detriment of everyone else in the lobby. 

How is that remotely enjoyable, “Hey, let me hop in and play in a lobby but not actually play.” What’s the point in accumulating the XP by not doing anything? Not to mention you’ll get what maybe a 1,000 XP for completing one match. If you actually played you could potentially triple that and if you didn’t sit on your ass each match you’d see that adds up a lot quicker over time. 

Totally pointless solution to a problem and a ridiculous topic for a post. But hey some people think they deserve a ? just for showing up lol. 

• Thanks 1

The best solution I've found is to be sure and see who the host is and what character they're playing with before a match starts and if I'm Jason I do my best to let them escape or kill them last if they haven't. I've done this many many times and I don't recall any host quitting at the very end of a match. At least 7 of 10 matches when Jason kills the host first or second they quit. Level 150 was a relief though.