Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It bothered me since day one... why does Jason part 9 have the right mask (destroyed on the right side) but his face is actually mirrored ? His eye should be on the left and the visible skull part on the side where the mask is cut.
He should be like this with his mask on : 
Jason-Goes-to-Hell-The-Final-Friday-Frid

and like this with the mask off :
C3sb0y3VYAE-kqR.jpg

not like that :
maxresdefault.jpg

Why ? this makes no f**king sense... yes I know part 6 and 7 have the good eye on the right side, but part 9 in movie doesn't and the movie isn't even considered canon by some, so why trying to have a consistency here ?
Could it be fixed some day ? this shouldn't be hard to fix, just to reverse the mesh and texture.
Or redone it entirely cause the skull part of the mouth if kinda weird too, imo the melted mouth on the second picture is more effective than the actual one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I tried the search option in vain before posting this.
If this is about the maps intro movies showing his right side, and this Jason looking bad because his eye was the other side so they changed it... it will be just very disappointing because who care ?

And the visible skull makes him even more badass : 
3f72e0cd73f51ecf7c95e3ae008726bb.jpg

We rather have an accurate part 9 Jason than an eye visible in intro... and that's this eye in intro that bothered me the first time I saw him... then the nose/mouth part.
I personally never pick this Jason (but in random selection) because of that... and his glitchy hair  don't help too.
And this hatchet... come on! he is not Victor Crowley, just give him a bigger machete than part 7... 3 Jason with axes and only 1 machete is also wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the developers did a poll to ask the fans whether or not they should switch the bad eye to make Part IX canon. Most fans voted for the devs to fix it; and I'm personally glad they did. From what I remember reading somewhere, even Kane Hodder was bothered by it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always hated that Jason's right eye was the functioning one. I get that he took the machete to the left side of his head in Part 4 but his right was the lower one. They ran with that and it kind of broke the deformity they had going in 1-4. I guess that isn't really the games problem though. 

Of course then there's Part 8, who the fuck knows what that mess was about. Looks like a Muppet. 

Man it would be nice if they could get 2009 in here. Unmasked face was gorgeous.

I'm curious if the Jason X face, post repairs, is something they had license to come up with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they asked the community if they should "fix" it or not. They even mention this poll in the virtual cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Loading said:

So why dont they fix it?

They said they "couldn't live with themselves" if they kept it like the film. I wouldn't expect them to switch it back.

As others have mentioned, there was also a poll as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They said they "couldn't live with themselves" if they kept it like the film. I wouldn't expect them to switch it back.

As others have mentioned, there was also a poll as well.

Huh? That makes no sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Loading said:

Huh? That makes no sense. 

The wrong eye was damaged in part 9. In the films leading up to it the left eye was the damaged eye so they fixed it in the game because it was wrong in the movie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

The wrong eye was damaged in part 9. In the films leading up to it the left eye was the damaged eye so they fixed it in the game because it was wrong in the movie.

Exactly right. 

JGTH was the first film to reverse the damaged eye for whatever reason, which made it chronologically wrong. Hence the devs asked the fans if they wanted to have the issue corrected for the model, and the fans said yes. Nothing more to say about it really, it didn't make sense to keep it 100% movie accurate, because that particular movie got it wrong. The damaged eye should've always been the other way around in JGTH.

TL;DR the in-game model is the correct one, based on Jason's history.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loading said:

Huh? That makes no sense. 

It makes perfect sense. They screwed it up in the movie. So they actually fixed it for the game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be so difficult to use the skin-change system for Jason to let player's mirror the face, and let the player decide which side they want it on by flipping it?

I'd keep it in the film's style, because I care more about film accuracy than overall continuity. That shit was thrown out the window when Part 8 apparently took time out of his busy schedule of being crushed by a pier to go and have a complete change of clothes and regrow his skin back.

Although I suppose the cellular regeneration ability introduced by JX would at least explain the skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rip in the right eye socket of the JGTH mask is not actually from the machete from part 4. The JGTH mask is supposed to represent all the damage Jason's suffered over the years, but the eye rip actually comes from the finale of the movie when Jason battles the main characters. In the beginning of the film it has no eye rip. So it actually doesn't matter that his mask has a rip in the right socket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

I believe the developers did a poll to ask the fans whether or not they should switch the bad eye to make Part IX canon. Most fans voted for the devs to fix it; and I'm personally glad they did. From what I remember reading somewhere, even Kane Hodder was bothered by it.

This is the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2018 at 3:33 AM, TestedTwice said:

I believe the developers did a poll to ask the fans whether or not they should switch the bad eye to make Part IX canon. Most fans voted for the devs to fix it; and I'm personally glad they did. From what I remember reading somewhere, even Kane Hodder was bothered by it.

 

On 1/1/2018 at 7:29 AM, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It makes perfect sense. They screwed it up in the movie. So they actually fixed it for the game. 

Ok, this is an explanation that I understand... but why not reverse the goddamn mask too ? This giant hole should be on his left side... this still makes no sense.

 

On 1/1/2018 at 7:50 AM, Maggot Head said:

Would it be so difficult to use the skin-change system for Jason to let player's mirror the face, and let the player decide which side they want it on by flipping it?

I'd keep it in the film's style, because I care more about film accuracy than overall continuity. That shit was thrown out the window when Part 8 apparently took time out of his busy schedule of being crushed by a pier to go and have a complete change of clothes and regrow his skin back.

Although I suppose the cellular regeneration ability introduced by JX would at least explain the skin.

This is a great idea, let us choose a "canon" (Jason appearance in movies is barely canon from one to another anyway) or a movie Jason would be nice.

 

On 1/1/2018 at 8:04 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The rip in the right eye socket of the JGTH mask is not actually from the machete from part 4. The JGTH mask is supposed to represent all the damage Jason's suffered over the years, but the eye rip actually comes from the finale of the movie when Jason battles the main characters. In the beginning of the film it has no eye rip. So it actually doesn't matter that his mask has a rip in the right socket.

Actually no... the rip is present at the end yes, but it is visible when he rise from the basement after behind resurrected, not from the final battle... So it just magically appears. If this is magic (the whole movie is about magic bs anyway) and nothing makes sense the devs could have put the rip on the other side too, the whole purpose of that rip is to show the skull and makes him frightening... I don't know why but the actual version with the eye visible makes me fell he looks like a goddamn clown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others had stated before: The make-up effect guys in JGTH screwed up. Zombie-Jason´s left eye is gone after Tommy took it out in TFC. In Part 6 and Part 7 his left eye is an emty socket and he uses his right eye. Yes, human-Jason from Part 2-4 had a deformity over his right eye making this his bad one. Therefore he used his left eye in Part 2 only.  But since his left eye was gone in Part 4 he had to use his other one. 

As stated before: Even Kane Hodder was mad about the make-up goof in JGTH

I think it was a good idea from the devs to correct this mistake for continuity reasons.

While Jason X explains that he has regenerative powers, which would explain why he grew some flesh back between Part 7 and 8, the switching eye-goof from JGTH is a bit too much for my taste. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

It bothered me since day one... why does Jason part 9 have the right mask (destroyed on the right side) but his face is actually mirrored ? His eye should be on the left and the visible skull part on the side where the mask is cut.
He should be like this with his mask on : 
Jason-Goes-to-Hell-The-Final-Friday-Frid

and like this with the mask off :
C3sb0y3VYAE-kqR.jpg

not like that :
maxresdefault.jpg

Why ? this makes no f**king sense... yes I know part 6 and 7 have the good eye on the right side, but part 9 in movie doesn't and the movie isn't even considered canon by some, so why trying to have a consistency here ?
Could it be fixed some day ? this shouldn't be hard to fix, just to reverse the mesh and texture.
Or redone it entirely cause the skull part of the mouth if kinda weird too, imo the melted mouth on the second picture is more effective than the actual one.

Well I don’t mind the eye being fixed what does bother me was their lazy attempt at making his face. I see that second picture you included here and I think that unmasking of Part 9 looks fuken awesome! What the fuck is with their in game model? It looks fuken dumb as shit. No lips and shit, Uber Jason from Jason X unmasked has the same goddamn problem! Are these assholes not capable of making lips on character models?! For fuck sakes. It just seems like they’re being lazy as fuck when it comes to being creative and making Jason’s face look cool and fucked up. If they release another Jason I can guarantee he will have no damn lips! ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Germaniac said:

I think it was a good idea from the devs to correct this mistake for continuity reasons.

Sure, now I get why they switched the eyes (part 6 and 7 already had skull socket on the left side) it's was a good idea to restore the logic here, but I still think they should have switched the mask too, to keep his frightening look... and not make his mouth/nose full skull... because yes Part 6 has partial mouth/nose riped of (and it looked damn good), but part 7 and 8 have their skin back on this area.
It just feels incomplete and not looking good... a simple mirroring would have been way simple than rearranging some parts and better looking too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

I believe the developers did a poll to ask the fans whether or not they should switch the bad eye to make Part IX canon. Most fans voted for the devs to fix it; and I'm personally glad they did. From what I remember reading somewhere, even Kane Hodder was bothered by it.

Correct. Kane mentioned this in his book Unmasked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmfao of course everyone is talking about which side Jason's working eyeball should be on for the sake of continuity when this is a Jason that New Line pulled out of their asses after he'd been turned back in to a fucking child at the end of part 8. And then got dragged to Hell by the leftover puppets from Labyrinth. But not really since he was actually apprehended and put on ice and then in the future became a cyborg who eventually, possibly fell back to earth. But not really since he'd actually just been taking a dirt nap until Freddy got him going again.....

Oh continuity.

I still enjoy the movies but come on now, let's not kid ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Lmfao of course everyone is talking about which side Jason's working eyeball should be on for the sake of continuity when this is a Jason that New Line pulled out of their asses after he'd been turned back in to a fucking child at the end of part 8. And then got dragged to Hell by the leftover puppets from Labyrinth. But not really since he was actually apprehended and put on ice and then in the future became a cyborg who eventually, possibly fell back to earth. But not really since he'd actually just been taking a dirt nap until Freddy got him going again.....

Oh continuity.

I still enjoy the movies but come on now, let's not kid ourselves.

While the continuity between part 8 and Jason goes to hell doesn't make much sense at all, it's painfully obvious that Jason X takes part AFTER Freddy vs Jason.

He gets dragged to hell, Freddy finds him and brings him back, they fight, jason then gets captured, ends up frozen and in the future gets turned into a cyborg and eventually crash lands on a new planet and thats how the series ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

watch the doc on you tube " how new line ruined friday the 13th. explains alot of what happened to f13 and why it got all F'ed up. If you watch some of the early interviews with the devs they say there was hardly any pictures of a de masked part 9 to find.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cravensblood said:

watch the doc on you tube " how new line ruined friday the 13th. explains alot of what happened to f13 and why it got all F'ed up. If you watch some of the early interviews with the devs they say there was hardly any pictures of a de masked part 9 to find.

 

Really interesting documentary, thanks! Just reflect my own though, even if for me F13 franchise and continuity dies after part 7 (maybe even part 6 to be honest, but I still looooove part 7) not after 8.
"Never Hike Alone" is now imo the continuity of part 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Lmfao of course everyone is talking  this is a Jason that New Line pulled out of their asses after he'd been turned back in to a fucking child at the end of part 8. 

Oh continuity.

I still enjoy the movies but come on now, let's not kid ourselves.

Makes perfect sense when you use the perspective the child Jason was yet another one of Rennie's visions. I mean, look at Part 9 Jason. Dude looks like he's been swimming in toxic waste after all. Hell, his mask is melted into his face.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...